Word up to my Indy peeps!

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon May 08, 2006 9:13 am

That's The X's AAA on Irrisistiblement. Yeah, if you can't see the score...then let me know.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 08, 2006 9:59 am

blackcat24 wrote:I have officially concluded that ITG > DDR :?
Based on what? I'm just curious. That comment didn't really seem linked to any of the conversation going on at the time it was made.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon May 08, 2006 10:45 am

I agree. I know what did it for me was no more tons of pop, jpop, and other poop. I mean the stuff on itg isnt anywhere on my list either, but it holds higher than the wienershittzle on ddr.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 08, 2006 12:11 pm

Potter wrote:I agree. I know what did it for me was no more tons of pop, jpop, and other poop. I mean the stuff on itg isnt anywhere on my list either, but it holds higher than the wienershittzle on ddr.
Katy already knows this, but my biggest turnoff to ITG is exactly the opposite as for you. That is, I just do not connect with most of the ITG music. I don't hate it, but it just doesn't hook me in the way many DDR (and PIU) tunes do. I also have never found anything in ITG to be particularly freestyle friendly. Of course this is all simply a matter of taste.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon May 08, 2006 12:48 pm

Ho wrote:
Potter wrote:I agree. I know what did it for me was no more tons of pop, jpop, and other poop. I mean the stuff on itg isnt anywhere on my list either, but it holds higher than the wienershittzle on ddr.
Katy already knows this, but my biggest turnoff to ITG is exactly the opposite as for you. That is, I just do not connect with most of the ITG music. I don't hate it, but it just doesn't hook me in the way many DDR (and PIU) tunes do. I also have never found anything in ITG to be particularly freestyle friendly. Of course this is all simply a matter of taste.
I actually think some of the music on ITG is better for freestyle, not the steps so much, but songs like While Tha Rekkid Spinz and Spin Chicken are good song-wise.

Still, when it comes to freestyle, pump is really the best.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon May 08, 2006 1:10 pm

ITG is ok. I just don't like it as much as DDR for 2 simple reasons.

1. Most of the songs are like 16th and/or 24th-32nd runs and look almost like they were just thrown into the song for the simple fact that they go just about with the beat.

2. In addition to 1., the songs are just too long. I don't have the stamina for that.

Not to mention the "hands". I'll happily play it, but I'm just not into it enough to do too well.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Mon May 08, 2006 3:47 pm

Ho wrote:That is, I just do not connect with most of the ITG music. I don't hate it, but it just doesn't hook me in the way many DDR (and PIU) tunes do. I also have never found anything in ITG to be particularly freestyle friendly. Of course this is all simply a matter of taste.
Exactly how I feel. Don't get me wrong, ITG has some great songs (utopia anubis utopia hand of time utopia utopia monolith utopia) Maybe I like DDR more because I actually like J-pop/J-rock.

I also agree with the stepchart thing. I like freestyling more than actually playing the game, anyway.

One other thing doesn't really affect my opinion on ITG exactly, but I noticed ITG fanboys are much more obnoxious than DDR fanboys.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Mon May 08, 2006 4:03 pm

ps WHERE WERE YOU GUYS ):< (not directed towards blackcat or X)

Frazzle Dazzle
Standard
Standard

Post by Frazzle Dazzle » Mon May 08, 2006 4:07 pm

blackcat24 wrote:Image

That's The X's AAA on Irrisistiblement. Yeah, if you can't see the score...then let me know.
You forgot to mention something there. I'll have Matt say it if he remembers. It makes the AAA so much more.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Mon May 08, 2006 4:08 pm

Frazzle Dazzle wrote:
blackcat24 wrote:[img]

You forgot to mention something there. I'll have Matt say it if he remembers. It makes the AAA so much more.
We already mentioned that, dude.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon May 08, 2006 4:20 pm

Ho wrote:
blackcat24 wrote:I have officially concluded that ITG > DDR :?
Based on what? I'm just curious. That comment didn't really seem linked to any of the conversation going on at the time it was made.
Haha, ok so I admit that the comment was a little random...

I dunno, I know that Ho is repelled from the songs, and isn't much of a fan of ITG in general, I guess I kinda figured that he would comment on my ITG statement. lol. I don't know, I mean, I don't hate DDR, but I dunno, I do actually like the songs on ITG. I have my favorite songs on DDR...I have a ton of favorites...but the ITG songs seem to catch my attention a little more than the DDR songs.

I think the main reason why I like ITG a little better than DDR is the percentage rating, and maybe even the mines. ITG is more challenging to me, and I like that it grades me by percentage and not by grade (I know that ITG grades you too...but I like that it has a percentage by it). I have no idea, I just prefer ITG now...
The X wrote:ITG is ok. I just don't like it as much as DDR for 2 simple reasons.

1. Most of the songs are like 16th and/or 24th-32nd runs and look almost like they were just thrown into the song for the simple fact that they go just about with the beat.

2. In addition to 1., the songs are just too long. I don't have the stamina for that.

Not to mention the "hands". I'll happily play it, but I'm just not into it enough to do too well.
I can understand his point of view, but I guess another reason why I like ITG is because I really do need to build up my stamina, and ever since I've been playing ITG I've been doing a little better on DDR (I'm really close to beating So Deep btw:-)). I like how ITG works my stamina. But yeah, the hands are freaking stupid. I will agree with that. The hands make me feel like I'm playing Twister....hehe "lyke zomg right hand red lawlz"

Like Ho said, it's just a matter of preference.

LOL...yeah, so correct me if I'm wrong...but I just have this sneaking suspicion that Intermezzo likes the song Utopia. But I mean, it's not like it was obvious or anything.... >_> <_< ^0^

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Mon May 08, 2006 8:01 pm

blackcat24 wrote:LOL...yeah, so correct me if I'm wrong...but I just have this sneaking suspicion that Intermezzo likes the song Utopia. But I mean, it's not like it was obvious or anything.... >_> <_< ^0^
Wtf? Utopia sucks*.

*ON OPPOSITE DAY LOLZOR.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon May 08, 2006 10:07 pm

:wink: :D :P

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Tue May 09, 2006 9:01 am

Intermezzo wrote: One other thing doesn't really affect my opinion on ITG exactly, but I noticed ITG fanboys are much more obnoxious than DDR fanboys.
Quoted for great truth.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Tue May 09, 2006 9:52 am

The X wrote:
Intermezzo wrote: One other thing doesn't really affect my opinion on ITG exactly, but I noticed ITG fanboys are much more obnoxious than DDR fanboys.
Quoted for great truth.
Hmm...interesting. I havent' heard of that one. More than likely cuz I've been playing DDR more than ITG. *shrug*