DREAMCAST DAY (Party at my place!) 9-9-05

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

DREAMCAST DAY (Party at my place!) 9-9-05

Post by RyogAkari » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:40 am

Hey guys,

This is UBER short notice, but we didn't put together the idea until yesterday anyway.

We are throwing a HUGE ASS party at my new house with my friends celebrating the 6th anniversary of the Dreamcast (9/9/99).

Where: Louisville KY (see below for directions
When: 5PM, Friday September 9th. 2005

We will have about 6 to 8 dreamcasts (Or MORE!) set up through the house with Shooter stations (EX: Ikaruga, Psyvariar 2), racing stations (EX: Hydro Thunder, Rush 2049), DDR Dreamcast stations (YES, WITH PADS!! Converted Cobalt Fluxes, actually), and other multiplayer game stations.

There will be drinks, orders for pizza, some unique surprises we are setting up for the event, and other fun things.

If you think you might want to come, and would like to help, here are the current things that we need: Dreamcast controllers, Dreamcast VGA hookups (for monitors), drinks, and munchies.

For those interested, I live in LOUISVILLE KENTUCKY, so know that it might be a bit of a drive. We have plenty of floor space for crashing for the night.

Here is my house for those that would like to mapquest directions to it:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?se ... code=40214

We'll be starting in the evening, but there will be people there all day so feel free to come early. Official starting time is 5PM.

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:46 pm

That is an awesome idea, I hope it goes well (needs more Typing of the Dead though).

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:07 pm

omg. i wanna go!!!!
Team KIMO represent!

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:20 pm

We'll have plenty of typing of the dead, plus we have mouses and keyboards for some first person shooter goodness (including half life!).

We have some other intersting controllers including a slightly modified DC Controller for racing, and possibly a fishing controller for Sega Bass.

We'll also probably be watching some movies on the DC using one of the Divx exploits. Come out and watch Die Hard 5. Yes, I said Die Hard 5.

Don't ask questions, just come out and see it. Yes, it's named Die Hard 5, and no, you won't be dissapointed.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:24 pm

all hail Shenmue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111
Team KIMO represent!

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:52 pm

This is an awesome idea, but unfortunately it's a bit too far for me right now (ga$ prices ugh).

I'd even pull my own DC out of storage for it....

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:22 pm

I'm going to be honest. You guys TOTALLY missed out. We had so much fun at this event that it was crazy. Here are a few pictures from the event.

We take apart a dreamcast....

And make it into a candy tray!!!!!!

Here's a banner I made with my friends for the event (It glows in the dark with black lights too!)

Look, he's playing Guitar Freaks! Wait, thats not on the dreamcast....

No he's not! He's playing DDR with a guitar freaks controller on the Dreamcast!!!!!

Controllers galore!

Just SOME of the dreamcasts we had (and games! woot!)

They're thinking....

Anyway, for more pics go to: http://forums.insertcredit.com/viewtopic.php?t=568

We'll be having more crazy parties here in the future. If you dont want to miss out, gather your friends together for a road trip next time!
(P.S. I'll give more advanced warning too!)