Chicago meet up with people Sep. 1-3?

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Chicago meet up with people Sep. 1-3?

Post by BakaOrochi » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:58 pm

So yah I guess via invitation by Brian Ho himself, I along with possibly two other Chicago people and a Minnesota person (Random) will be coming in from probably late late Thursday (realistically Friday) through late Saturday night, and stuff. Was wondering if anyone's going to be around...and stuff?
Last edited by BakaOrochi on Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:16 pm

I'll be around on Saturday, I'm sure if we talk to Brian we could arrange some sort of hangout session.

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:21 am

That's coo, I was hoping maybe there's suggestions as to where to hang out, play or what-not. I remember hearing that there's a location with a DrumMania machine (that's above a 4th Mix, thank God), and a IIDX 4th Style (that's broken? And it might be far out of the way anyway?)...

I would like to play some Pump/X2 with people though =)

There isn't a lot of players in Chicago that really appreciate the game much =/

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:18 am

Percussion Freaks (in a cabinet with a DrumMania marquee) 6th mix is at Westside Fun Park. I'll drive by it on my way into town from Terre Haute on Friday evening if you'd like to meet me and a friend there. They also have a DDR Extreme (blah) and a ParaParaParadise 2nd Mix machine if you're interested. They're at 38th and High School. Take 65 south to 465 south, get off on the 38th Street exit, go East to High School, south one street to (I think) 37th (it's a dinky little road, there's a sign for Westside Fun Park), and take that until it bends. Westside is on the corner of the bend. You can see the orange garage doors of their go-kart track from 465.

The PIU Exceed 2 machine (which, even if you've played Exceed 2, I'd recommend playing on as it's in AWESOME condition) is only about 20-30 minutes away from Noblesville. If you're coming down 65 and would like to stop by on your way into town, take 865 to 465 East, get off on the Allisonville Rd. exit, take that north to 86th street, and that East until you get to X-Site. You'll probably be coming in after they close, though (At 10:00) so you can go there another day. A friend (Trythil, aka David Yip, of AMV fame) and I will be playing some Pump some time over the weekend. All we have in Terrible Hole is a high-mileage Extreme and a 3rd Korea.2 in unknown condition (I've not gotten around to playing on it).

The OMG-Janky IIDX 4th Style is up in Ft. Wizzayne. That's a good 2 hours out of your way, but if you want to go there, take 69 north until you get there. You could also stop by on your way in by taking I-80 to 69 south and coming into town that way (I-69 will also take you into Noblesville directly, which is where the Ho-House is). They also have an OMG-Janky ITG machine (this is at Putt-Putt). There's also a Guitar Freaks (I think 2nd mix) and KBM 3rd Mix at Tokens and Tickets in Ft. Wizzayne. You'll have to ask the Ft. Wizzayne people for directions.

I'm in Indy until Tuesday; then I'm moving out to Terrible Hole for the school year (I go to Rose-Hulman), but be asured I'll come back for the weekend!
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:31 am

MonMotha wrote: The OMG-Janky IIDX 4th Style is up in Ft. Wizzayne. That's a good 2 hours out of your way, but if you want to go there, take 69 north until you get there. You could also stop by on your way in by taking I-80 to 69 south and coming into town that way (I-69 will also take you into Noblesville directly, which is where the Ho-House is). They also have an OMG-Janky ITG machine (this is at Putt-Putt). There's also a Guitar Freaks (I think 2nd mix) and KBM 3rd Mix at Tokens and Tickets in Ft. Wizzayne. You'll have to ask the Ft. Wizzayne people for directions.

for KBM GF and Extreme it's:
Tokens 'n Tickets
522 Noble Drive
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
http://www.mapblast.com/(cp0ngdbto0abpm ... +46825|L1|

it's a fairly small arcade and all three machines are all in the same area.

putt putt has ITG2 and that's where people are most of the time (that or fast track which is right across the street pretty much)

putt putt is here

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat= ... ap=Get+Map

machine is to the right in the corner by the bathrooms by the evil iceball machines. there is also beatmania IIDX 4th style here and it's running on a projector and it's really fun (I resent the OMG-janky comment :D ) but come down to the fort :D it's a load of fun
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:45 am

Agh, quit calling all of our stuff janky!!! >_<!!!!

The machines up here are fine. And if they're not, it's not like it's terribly hard to find another one within the Bemani Mile.

Fort Wayne is out of your way, but we've got stuff that Indy doesn't, and if it's worth that much to you, we're worth the extra couple hours.

I don't believe that it was mentioned, but we have a 5th Mix and a Max machine, too. 5th is fine, but I haven't checked the Max.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:05 am

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:Agh, quit calling all of our stuff janky!!! >_<!!!!

The machines up here are fine. And if they're not, it's not like it's terribly hard to find another one within the Bemani Mile.

Fort Wayne is out of your way, but we've got stuff that Indy doesn't, and if it's worth that much to you, we're worth the extra couple hours.

I don't believe that it was mentioned, but we have a 5th Mix and a Max machine, too. 5th is fine, but I haven't checked the Max.
We have a Max machine? Where? And y'all just givin it away!

o wiat, i h8 teh ddr.[/i]

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:26 am

Lolz and rofls. XD

The Max machine is down at Georgetown Bowl. I haven't gotten to play it, though, because every time I go there, it's broken. XD

It's in a crappy location, though, so I don't care if it's fixed or not. If I'm ever in the neighborhood, though, which is close to never, I drop in and check on it.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:51 am

We're running into some problems so uh, we might not make it up after all.

One of these problems includes the ridiculous gas prices, and people dropping out. Which then in turn puts an even bigger problem on who's paying for gas (and my wallet isn't generous right now).

DAMMIT.