Already needed, other game thread

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Already needed, other game thread

Post by CaseyDidder » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:37 pm

We need the threads back for other games, like maybe more generalized, Arcades, PC, Console or something to that extent.

I don't wanna flood general discussion with topics about MMO's or Initial D or RTS games I play.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:47 pm

That can fit under Conversation Cornucopia. My current thought is to keep this site more DDR and community focused. I'm certainly not saying that you shouldn't feel free to talk about other games here, but there are other forums that are more appropriate if you want to start an in-depth discussion about them. I'm going to roll along as-is for the moment.

However, if it seems like there are a lot of discussions being created that fall under an obvious categorization, I may create a new forum/category to support them, make them easier to find, and reduce clutter in the Cornucopia.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:46 am

After observing posting patterns for a few more days, there are a fair number of threads being started about various video games. I will give some thought as to how to address this.

However, it's not topics or threads that you want (as you say in your request in this thread and this other one). You want additional forums. Topics are the first posts within a forum that start a thread. Threads are the collection of posts that form the discussion of the topic. You all can create those yourselves. You want me to create new forums in which to group these topics.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:55 pm

I have created two new gaming forums: one for other Bemani and music/rhythm games and one for anything else. The latter can cover anything from computer/video games, RPGs, card games, board games, etc. I don't see any reason to break them out into individual forums. This is still primarily a DDR site and not a general gaming forum.