phpBBsilver color scheme change

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

phpBBsilver color scheme change

Post by Merk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:01 pm

FYI I noticed that the color scheme changed slightly for everyone that uses the phpBBsilver style for their IndyDDR needs. The little bar at the very top that contains the phpBB logo and the "IndyDDR.com Indiana's DDR Community" header is now a darker shade of silver.

What changes were made this afternoon? The forums were down for a little bit and I got sad...

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: phpBBsilver color scheme change

Post by Ho » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:41 am

I installed like the last 5 years worth of patches. :P

Are you talking about prosilver or subsilver2? I think you're using subsilver2 which is similar to the old forum style. I don't use that one, so I haven't noticed anything. However, I've noticed either extra buttons or buttons in slightly different places in the prosilver style. It's certainly possible that colors changed, but I wouldn't have expected it. I guess, as long as it's not broken, I'm not really that concerned about it.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:29 pm

Damn Merk, that was a pretty subtle change. Good spot.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:24 am

Yeah, I meant the subSilver2 theme, I forgot that the newer scheme is also a "Silver" theme despite the fact that it really doesn't look all that silver to me!

Oh I noticed that there's a "Save Draft" button when making a new post as well! That's a handy little feature when I'm in the middle of making a paragraph post and work or something interrupts me.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:34 am

On the prosilver theme that I use, there's a new (or perhaps repositioned) "View unread posts" button that moves the "View new posts" button I use all the time over to the right. I have definitely clicked this new button out of habit because it's in the place of the button I've been clicking for 6 years. I suppose I'll adjust eventually. :P

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:51 am

Yeah Chad's a big fan of the "View unread posts" button, I still do the old-school "Click on forum that has the "NEW POST HERE" icon and then click on the thread that has the "NEW POST HERE" icon."

Sometimes, the journey to get to the new post is better than the new post itself.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:11 am

Merk wrote:Yeah Chad's a big fan of the "View unread posts" button, I still do the old-school "Click on forum that has the "NEW POST HERE" icon and then click on the thread that has the "NEW POST HERE" icon."

Sometimes, the journey to get to the new post is better than the new post itself.
lol, same
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy