Logging in goofiness

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Logging in goofiness

Post by Merk » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:12 pm

I just tried logging in and I got a message saying that I've exceeded the number of login attempts and that I have to enter in my credentials and fill in some goofy little Captcha thing.

Here's a screencap:

Not sure why the Captcha picture is not showing up in the screencap, but yeah, that's just something I ran in to today.

Just a minor annoyance!

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Logging in goofiness

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:17 pm

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:06 pm

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:58 pm

I recall this problem from phpBB2. It uses the same template to handle that page as it does new user registrations, but the code behind it to handle generating and validating the CAPTCHA itself is in two different places. Thus, when we hack things up to use a non-standard CAPTCHA (since the regular one is a royal pain in the butt for humans and doesn't seem to do a darned thing against spambots) it messes up other places that use the CAPTCHA. I'll look into it or prod Ho to do so.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.