I don't get logged on when I go to the site.

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

I don't get logged on when I go to the site.

Post by letshavetea » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:29 am

The little "Log me on automatically each visit" checkbox is useless for me. I don't know if it's just me or not but whenever I come to the site I have to log in.

If I open another tab it makes me log in again.

It worked fine up until that most recent "Sorry we'll be back" type message appeared. I've cleared my cookies and whatnot to try to fix it... I've tried Firefox 3 and Safari... and both fail me.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is this an issue on my end... or a global thing?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I don't get logged on when I go to the site.

Post by Ho » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:23 am

I don't even remember the last time I logged in, so the automatic login is working just fine for me.

When did you see the "We'll be back" message? That was up way back in April when phpBB3 was installed, but it seems to have mistakenly resurfaced for a little bit in July due to a flaky redirection that has since been removed. However, phpBB itself was not reconfigured at that time, so stuff like the automatic login should not have been affected at all. Are you using "indyddr.com" or "www.indyddr.com"? You should use the latter since the cookies are setup for www. But again, it's been like that all along, so this wouldn't be a new issue.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:16 am

Apparently I've been using just indyddr.com... but I've always used that.

*shrug*

I just changed my bookmark to http://www.indyddr.com and toyed around.. kept me signed in.

AKA problem solved. thanks :D

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:45 am

Hooray!