REALLY PISSED OFF

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

REALLY PISSED OFF

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:55 pm

Why Do I have a rate limit on my account? I have NEVER EVER had this.

This is crap. I have been a member of this community for SIX years. I haven't attacked anyone with my ratings no more then they have with mine. You want to single me out FINE but I don't see you doing it to anyone else. I want to see Proof of my so called actions that led to this.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:58 pm

Everyone has a rate limit. I'm not sure on the number, but you can only rate around 5 or so posts a day I think. It's a nice counter-measure to rate spamming!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:59 pm

Settle down, Stefanie.

You have the EXACT SAME limit as everyone else. You just apparently never tried to rate more than the limit before.
Last edited by Ho on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:01 pm

I researched it now.....

I thought those bitches were affecting my account.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:05 pm

However, now that you mention it, I think the limit was decreased (for everyone) awhile back because so many people were taking the system so lightly. Perhaps another decrease is in order.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:18 pm

not trying to come of complaining and bitching I promise

but what would decreasing really do. All the people who think they are important or who have their friends rate them like crazy are allready heavy.

I think the damage is allready done.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:33 pm

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:36 pm

To some extent, you are correct. But the whole point of limits was the hope that people would be less apt to waste their ratings (or posts, since those are limited, too). This obviously has had only limited effectiveness since very few people seem to grant this site any seriousness whatsoever and several of those that do seem to grant it way too much.

I was also considering resetting the whole system to cut out a lot of the abuses that I know have occurred. I acknowledge that many people tend to treat the system like a grade school popularity contest. This falls short of my expectations for it, but the built-in protections have seemed to successfully prevent any egregious injustices.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:09 pm

I know I can be one that can be too serious about certain things, but some of the humor that people find on here just gets old. It is like almost every thread, even the ones for serious topics such as the DDR a thon, get completly bombarded by crap.

I think a reset would be a good idea, and several other people have thought so too. But on the other side the ones that weren't for it were too obsessed with their ranking "Heavy".

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:46 am

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:28 am

indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:54 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:I know I can be one that can be too serious about certain things, but some of the humor that people find on here just gets old. It is like almost every thread, even the ones for serious topics such as the DDR a thon, get completly bombarded by crap.

I think a reset would be a good idea, and several other people have thought so too. But on the other side the ones that weren't for it were too obsessed with their ranking "Heavy".
The main problem is people using the rating system as a sort of a weapon and "attacking" other people. I'm not saying any one person does it, it's just apparent over the years that it has been used this way more than once. It doesn't really bother me (or a lot of people I don't think), but I just think everyone needs to realize the ratings don't have as much of an effect as one would think they do. As long as you are not purposely trying to get banned, I doubt the rating system would ever actually effect you.

Also, as for the humor thing, people have to do a mind check of who this forum is made up of and what it's about. It's a forum about a videogame and it's filled with mostly teens and early-mid 20's who find internet culture humorous. Can't knock everybody else for what they think is funny, because after all, it's all opinion.