Recent rating system abuse...

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Fort Wayne

Recent rating system abuse...

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:23 pm

not going to name off anybody, but it's pretty easy to see
I suggest it be looked into

User avatar
Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:33 pm
Location: New Palestine
Contact:

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:57 pm

I haven't been rated in forever. I guess a bad rating might be better than no rating.

Maybe I should really try for a rating.

PUMP SUCKS ITG SUCKS BUSH SUCKS DDR SUCKS COLTS SUCK I HATE FURRIES.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

User avatar
chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Fort Wayne

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:20 pm

actually, I think the rating system should just be done away with or reprogrammed somehow so it's not causing even MORE needless drama than what is already present

User avatar
MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:18 pm

Post by MonMotha » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:29 pm

In many cases I've seen that you're probably referring to, existing "protection" already means that many of these "abuses" have limited effect.

Kthx.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5629
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Post by Ho » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:32 pm

The system is designed to handle abuse. I agree that there are people that have been using the rating system in questionable or even blatantly abusive ways lately. However, it would appear that the system is accounting for such abuse as intended.

MonMotha and I have discussed some additional enhancements to the rating system, but I will admit that making the time to actually implement them has not been a high priority.

If were going to do anything at this time, I'd just reset them all to zero (yes, all...as in EVERYBODY). Beyond that, I do not believe that any corrective action is really necessary at this time.
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:31 am

Ho wrote:The system is designed to handle abuse. I agree that there are people that have been using the rating system in questionable or even blatantly abusive ways lately. However, it would appear that the system is accounting for such abuse as intended.

MonMotha and I have discussed some additional enhancements to the rating system, but I will admit that making the time to actually implement them has not been a high priority.

If were going to do anything at this time, I'd just reset them all to zero (yes, all...as in EVERYBODY). Beyond that, I do not believe that any corrective action is really necessary at this time.
Oooohhh a reset. That would be fun.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Fort Wayne

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:55 pm

MonMotha wrote:In many cases I've seen that you're probably referring to, existing "protection" already means that many of these "abuses" have limited effect.

Kthx.
by pro-tection I hope you mean something in the code

and don't say "kthx" it makes you sound like Erica ;) lol

User avatar
danc1005
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 3237
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Da Fort
Contact:

Post by danc1005 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:37 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Ho wrote:The system is designed to handle abuse. I agree that there are people that have been using the rating system in questionable or even blatantly abusive ways lately. However, it would appear that the system is accounting for such abuse as intended.

MonMotha and I have discussed some additional enhancements to the rating system, but I will admit that making the time to actually implement them has not been a high priority.

If were going to do anything at this time, I'd just reset them all to zero (yes, all...as in EVERYBODY). Beyond that, I do not believe that any corrective action is really necessary at this time.
Oooohhh a reset. That would be fun.
BUT I WORKED SOOOO HARD FOR HEAVY!eleven!
Image

User avatar
Potter
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 4795
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:57 pm
Location: above the abyss
Contact:

Post by Potter » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:20 pm

I did too man, I had to sit there and get uprated nonstop
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

User avatar
hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:43 pm

Image
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

User avatar
God Of Rock
Standard
Standard
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:40 pm
Contact:

Post by God Of Rock » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:46 am

As the first Heavy user ever I find your idea laughable.

Also, who the fuck cares?

User avatar
chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Fort Wayne

Post by chocobojoe » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:48 pm

Everyone says "who cares" when it isn't happening to them. :roll: I'm just an unbaised third party making an observation.

Also, profanity is funny loloollolololol

User avatar
God Of Rock
Standard
Standard
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:40 pm
Contact:

Post by God Of Rock » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:49 am

...how can you claim to be unbias when you brought it up in the first place?

Joe logic is funny lolololololwtfcake.

User avatar
Pheadra
Standard
Standard
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:51 am
Location: Indianapolis
Contact:

Post by Pheadra » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:05 pm

I havent been rated in forever...then again I havent been on here for awhile either...
Image
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image
Image

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:04 am
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Contact:

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:57 pm

dbv is a fan of boo rating me. for everything.

maybe he just has something against persians. idk.

Locked