Log-in issues

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Log-in issues

Post by Riot » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:37 am

So any clue why it keeps logging me out when I tell it to stay logged in, and then at nights I can't even log in at all? I put in my user/pass but it just returns to the forum list without actually logging me in. I thought I had finally got myself banned =P

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:55 am

I'm not having any such issues.

As a first step, I'd try actually logging out of the site the next time you are logged on. Hopefully that will reset your cookie so that it will hold your login the next time you log back on.

If that doesn't work, try deleting your cookie for IndyDDR and/or clearing your cache.

If you're still having problems, repost and we'll see if there's anything else to try. But like I said, my autologin is still working fine. This would seem to be an issue for you specifically and not a problem with the site itself.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:16 pm

OH SO NOW IT'S MY FAULT?!

=P

Okay I'll try that next time. It's just weird, it works fine during the day, but at night it doesn't let me log in or something. Maybe it knows I'm a vampire.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:38 pm

Sheesh, I was finally able to log in to post this...I sent Ho an e-mail about my problem, but from his unawareness of Riot's problem, it seems as though he didn't get it. I've been having the exact same problem with the logging in and it taking me back to the main screen without logging me in, but for me it happens all the time. I finally switched to Mozilla (I was using my dad's account and he uses IE for some reason), and now it seems to work.
As to the issue with it not remembering my login, that's happened to me on and off since I joined this site. It'll just not want to remember it for a week or so, and then it'll start obeying again.
Just thought I would chime in.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:24 pm

The update to the forum involves some database stuff that can potentially result in some session glitchyness. I'd suggest logging out using the log out link, deleting any cookies from indyddr, and logging in again. Especially check that you don't have cookies from both indyddr.com and http://www.indyddr.com as that seems to really confuse things.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.