DAT4 Videos?

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

DAT4 Videos?

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:30 pm

I was reminiscing today so I decided to give the ol' photo and video archive a gander. I noticed that there are, sadly, no videos uploaded for DDR-A-Thon 4. If my memory serves me correctly there were videos taken of the freestyle portion of the tournament, specifically the freestyles performed by Secef and Fluffyumpkins. Does anyone have these videos? I would be much obliged if someone could post these videos.

And man, lemme tell you, I got a huge feeling of nostalgia when looking back at all the photos from the past. Looking at the photos of me from 2001 made me realize how much everything has changed, not to mention how long I've been around.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DAT4 Videos?

Post by Ho » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:58 pm

Merk wrote:And man, lemme tell you, I got a huge feeling of nostalgia when looking back at all the photos from the past.
That's what they're there for! I hope you enjoyed.

As for DAT4 videos...I actually have a lot of unreleased footage from DAT4, DAT3, and quite a few other events. I just have never gotten around to doing much with it. I literally have a stack of probably around 10 DV tapes of footage that no one has ever seen...in many cases, including myself. ;)

I had originally intended to do a DVD for DAT3 like I did for DAT2. When I hadn't done it by DAT4, I thought about a double volume. Now we're up to DAT5 and I still haven't done anything. Maybe a triple volume? :P

I have a rule about not releasing completely raw footage. I was a TCOM major afterall--I have to add some production value to a project like this. I hope anyone who saw the old DAT2 and Underground Get Down DVDs and people who saw the stuff I've done since then--and especially this year--would know that I take great care in crafting a quality presentation.

If there's interest, it might encourage me to actually work on these projects. They'd be DVDs for a nominal cost like the ones I did in the past...probably like $10/disc. Basically, just enough to cover costs and a tiny margin for my time.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:58 pm

hey, im pretty sure theres videos from it, i remember watching them here on the site, i just dont remember where. i think ho posted a link to one in some thread or something

edit: YA HO POST B4 ME RITE WEN IM POSTING MR. COOL
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:07 pm

I don't recall if I released any video from DAT4. As I stated earlier, I don't release just raw video. For DDR, at a minimum I'll put some kind of titling on it to identify the content and I'll usually dub the music in so it can be heard more clearly. The music is often barely audible on the raw footage.

I don't remember now if I did even that much for DAT4. Actually, I don't think I ever did.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:10 pm

I'd be very interested in a triple volume of videos from the past DDR-A-Thons. Last year I saw some video taken by Secef at DDR-A-Thon 3 and it was hilarious and nostolgic to see all those old faces who don't hang around much anymore, if at all. I'd say its a project worth undertaking and I'm sure a lot of people here, especially the older ones, would really appreciate it as well. I don't know exactly what footage you have obviously, but I'd like to see DDR footage and just simple socializing footage.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:04 pm

The majority of what I have is freestyle performances. I have some tech and variety tournament stuff too, I think. I'm probably pretty light on general socialization footage.

I tend to be more production-minded when I'm running a video camera. I try to capture footage for a particular purpose rather than just turn it on to take in a scene. I have a strong aversion to anything that resembles "home video." Of course I realize that many classic moments are completely unplanned, and I miss out on getting those on video. Still, I'm more likely to capture candid stuff on a still camera. Fortunately, my still camera does video, so I do get an occasional fun video nugget.