Ignore feature

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
sam
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 1820
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:36 pm
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Ignore feature

Post by sam » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:07 pm

Please can we get one?
insert code compile execute return

User avatar
lgolem
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2888
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:45 am
Location: Bloomington

Re: Ignore feature

Post by lgolem » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:09 pm

sam wrote:Please can we get one?
LOL....does someone on here really get on your nerves that bad?

User avatar
sam
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 1820
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:36 pm
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Re: Ignore feature

Post by sam » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:33 pm

lgolem wrote:LOL....does someone on here really get on your nerves that bad?
it's more destruction of the pace of a thread. it's annoying to read through a discussion between people and then have to read someone's dissertation on why their topic is dumb while the discussion continues. it slows the pace of browsing and is just about as annoying as signing your post.
insert code compile execute return

User avatar
SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: dónde
Contact:

Re: Ignore feature

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:24 pm

sam wrote:
lgolem wrote:LOL....does someone on here really get on your nerves that bad?
it's more destruction of the pace of a thread. it's annoying to read through a discussion between people and then have to read someone's dissertation on why their topic is dumb while the discussion continues. it slows the pace of browsing and is just about as annoying as signing your post.
I agree but I'm going to talk about the Mets, Yankees and how how baseball needs another team in New York instead of staying with your topic.

-Zach
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

User avatar
danc1005
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 3237
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Da Fort
Contact:

Re: Ignore feature

Post by danc1005 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:57 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
sam wrote:
lgolem wrote:LOL....does someone on here really get on your nerves that bad?
it's more destruction of the pace of a thread. it's annoying to read through a discussion between people and then have to read someone's dissertation on why their topic is dumb while the discussion continues. it slows the pace of browsing and is just about as annoying as signing your post.
I agree but I'm going to talk about the Mets, Yankees and how how baseball needs another team in New York instead of staying with your topic.

-Zach
I don't know why you need to attack New York's baseball teams on this forum. First of all, what kind of professional sports knowledge have YOU? Also, you have no idea how little room there is in New York. Where would they build another stadium? Plus, everybody loves/hates the Yankees, and nobody cares about the Mets. So, with another team, what fans would it get? And I never mentioned that my IQ was high, you brought that up. BUT MY IQ IS HIGH, YOU WISH YOU WERE AS SMART AS ME

-J
-K
Image

Arka
Standard
Standard
Posts: 925
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:30 pm

Post by Arka » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:23 am

But I'm in Mensa, and they have an IQ requirement, and that means I'm really smart, right? Right?!

Anyway, seriously, do it. Even though I will never use said feature myself since I prefer to read everything. (And I guess most others won't, either, since they're either more concerned with staging drama or more adept at using their scroll bar.) There are still a few people (like sam, presumably, since he started this thread) who will take advantage of it. And we might be able to solve the problem of low usage. If we made a public list of who's ignoring who, I think the feature's popularity would skyrocket. For these reasons alone it's worthwhile.

(Disclaimer: petitioners please note, IIRC implementing such a feature in the existing framework would be exceedingly complicated, so please don't bitch at MonMotha & Brian if they decide not to do it.)

User avatar
hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:15 am

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT CATS
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

GO GO GO

Arka
Standard
Standard
Posts: 925
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:30 pm

Post by Arka » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:25 am

<*sigh*> Thanks for your contribution to civil discourse, hascoolnickname. Now the thread can commence its 5-page downhill slide.

Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:05 am

Almost done with page 1...
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
sam
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 1820
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:36 pm
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:07 am

there is no reason to make a person's ignore list public. it's their perogative to ignore anyone they want and why should anyone have the option to comment on it.

and to akra if you hadn't noticed yet, my comment towards mensa wasn't meant to WOW AND AMAZE you, it was to prove a point that you don't have to be overly linguistic to get a point across intelligently. i do it quite often just fine in a few lines. if you really want to pretend like i'm some pompus asshole who has to remind people how intelligent and how amazing i am, go ahead. but that isn't me.
insert code compile execute return

Arka
Standard
Standard
Posts: 925
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:30 pm

Post by Arka » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:11 am

Because the vast majority of people simply aren't going to use it because it doesn't give them the opportunity to make a big stink about someone they don't like for the purpose of showcasing the fact. If only one or two people will ever use it, why bother putting it in?
Arka wrote:And we might be able to solve the problem of low usage. If we made a public list of who's ignoring who, I think the feature's popularity would skyrocket.
We could always make the public version opt-in. That would be work, but probably a trivial amount next to adding the ignore feature in the first place.
---
sam wrote:my comment towards mensa wasn't meant to WOW AND AMAZE you, it was to prove a point that you don't have to be overly linguistic to get a point across intelligently.
sam wrote:i'm in mensa if you really want to flex nuts.
Sam, meet sam. Duke it out, you guys. I'll talk to the winner. (Personally, I'm betting on the older sam, since Mensa membership says nothing about your ability for self-expression.)

User avatar
sam
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 1820
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:36 pm
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:44 am

read over the post again. i threw it in there. if i REALLY cared about that fact i probably would've said it at least *once* the years i've been here and i haven't. seriously, just shut up.

you know, the fact i prefixed that statement with "iq is an insignificant number. quit masturbating your so-called intelligence please it's pretty sickening." would note that i could give 2 shits about it and that i think you're retarded.
insert code compile execute return

User avatar
danc1005
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 3237
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Da Fort
Contact:

Post by danc1005 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:54 am

Where's Ho? He hasn't posted in forever.
Image

Arka
Standard
Standard
Posts: 925
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:30 pm

Post by Arka » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:03 am

sam wrote:you know, the fact i prefixed that statement with ... would note that i could give 2 shits about it and that i think you're retarded.
Not really, it just suggests you're being disingenous and/or contradicting yourself. First you say IQ doesn't matter, then you make a big deal about being in Mensa, then you say IQ doesn't matter, then you disagree venomously with me when I say IQ doesn't matter, then you come over to this thread and say it really doesn't matter again. Prior to your explosion about this issue, I had every reason to take you seriously. But everything you've said now suggests to me that you manufactured a quarrel so that you could bitch at me because of my posting style.

I've tried responding to your complaints with politeness, I've tried responding with biting sarcasm, and a few other things. It's now very apparent that you aren't actually trying to accomplish anything with them.

Since it wasn't sufficient to stop responding to your posts in the other thread, consider this the last time I respond to one of your posts in any thread. Feel free to rejoice or mourn or be indifferent, but don't flame so much that you become a serious disruption to the forum.
dance1005 wrote:Where's Ho? He hasn't posted in forever.
Yet more proof that he's smarter than me. :wink:

User avatar
sam
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 1820
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:36 pm
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:11 am

i never once said it was a big deal i said if you want to flex nuts, not that i fucking care about it. you were the one that has kept up with OMG MENSA ever since that statement.

the whole point of the comment was saying Gee this is a worthless score and look where I stand on it, I don't care about it one bit. YOU are the imbicle that tried to make some bull shit comment about your level of intelligence having a correlation to your ability to dream. i am really sorry you're that dense i need to explain like i'm talking to a 6 year old.

and with that i'm done. if you still don't get that i don't care, haven't cared and you're the one that won't drop the iq score well i don't know what to say. go eat a twinkie.
insert code compile execute return

Locked