Ignore feature

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:46 am

dance1005 wrote:Where's Ho? He hasn't posted in forever.
I ate him. With some fava beans and a nice chianti.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:50 am

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
I ate him. With some fava beans and a nice chianti. th-th-th-th-th-thhhh
Fixed.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:36 pm

can you at least keep the random shit to the random topics section?
insert code compile execute return

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:57 pm

dance1005 wrote:
SoDeepPolaris wrote:
I ate him. With some fava beans and a nice chianti. th-th-th-th-th-thhhh
Fixed.
I thought it was Jack the Ripper that preyed on Hos... :D

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:47 pm

Speaking of Ho not posting, mexy hasn't posted in a while either...WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EVERYBODY?

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:39 pm

ho isnt going to step in until things get too out of hand, mexy just isnt posting for some reason(I don't blame him)

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:55 pm

dance1005 wrote:Speaking of Ho not posting, mexy hasn't posted in a while either...WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EVERYBODY?
Hostile takeover... :twisted:
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:02 pm

(Double post!)

Wait, isnt sam and arkas argument kinda redundant? I mean they strayed from the orginal conversation... and they were the ones complaining... :roll:
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:47 am

An ignore feature is as simple as looking over the post of a renouned 'pointless-poster'. You'll never be able to stop pointless posts, or be able to successfully regulate where they belong. See the argument on page 1 of this thread, and the sheer amount of irrelevance therein.

When I see certain posters post, I browse right over it. No ignore feature needed; just a click of the 'next page' button.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:05 am

Apparently this is my first login in about 3.5 days. I'm glad someone noticed. Does this mean I was missed?

Anyway, I had a huge project at work with a really aggressive deadline that required a lot of overtime to get done. I just didn't have time to tend to my digital social world. IndyDDR, LiveJournal, email, IM, etc...all got neglected for the past few days. But I got through it, and I'm back now. It just may take me a while to catch up with everything. Although there was actually a lot less activity here than I was expecting.

As for the ignore request... This has been proposed before, and I am a bit remiss about implementing such a feature. Ignoring posts can really disrupt the continuity of a thread--even one that has been obviously and severely derailed. Even the most notorious posters occasionally have something worthwhile to share, and I wouldn't to eliminate my opportunity to see it. Sometimes "annoying" posts/posters spark an interesting discussion. Trying to follow a thread with missing posts seems like it would be as confusing and frustrating as reading them in the first place.

I have to say that I'm generally in the ShammerS camp of just ignoring with my scroll bar. It's not automatic or instantaneous, but it's not exactly difficult either.

From this discussion, it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of interest in this feature beyond your request. I didn't see a bunch of people jump on it with a "me too" attitude. I can think of many other things that I'd rather devote mine or MonMotha's time to with regard to adding features or improving this site.

I certainly don't want to spend any of our time developing such a thing. However, if you'd like to research an existing phpBB mod for this, I will at least evaluate and consider it if it's unobtrusive and easy to implement. But given the highly-modified code base we're already running here, I'm not sure how realistic that really is.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:05 pm

insert code compile execute return

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:47 pm

if the person wants to use it I guess they can but it will ruin threads
i wouldnt use it

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:32 pm

Ho wrote: I have to say that I'm generally in the ShammerS camp of just ignoring with my scroll bar. It's not automatic or instantaneous, but it's not exactly difficult either.
Well, apparently it is for some people...
You will be baked