Forum expansion and reorganization

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum expansion and reorganization

Post by Ho » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:55 am

Copied from the Integration topic in the Feedback forum. Go there for further discussion.
I have reorganized and expanded the categories and forums to include specific coverage of Pump It Up, In the Groove, beatmania, pop'n music, and Guitar Freaks/drummania/Keyboardmania. I also did some sorting to move relevant topics into appropriate new forums.

I moved the Brag Board to the community category and modified its description to specifically include bragging about other music/rhythm games as many people have already done.

There's a couple of things I'm not really satisfied with that I'd like to reconcile, so I'm going to ask for some opinions.

I'm not sure what to do with the DDR @ Home forum (formerly Home in the Dance Dance Revolution category). By the new organization, it could simply be rolled into the DDR forum. I'm not against doing that, but I wonder if it's more valuable or easier for it to stay separate. However, I do not really want to split the rest of the specific games into home and arcade forums. There just isn't enough discussion in them (yet).

I'm also not sure to do with the Locations forum. A lot of the topics in Locations have to do with specific games or eventually become about a specific game. However, there are some that are more general about the locations themselves (machine conditions, pricing, etc.) as was the original intent of that forum. I'm not sure of the value of keeping this forum, but I'm also not sure how to refile some of the topics there if I get rid of it.