Welcome back...almost.

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome back...almost.

Post by Ho » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:42 pm

If you've been keeping an eye on this site over the past two months (hopefully there's still a few of you out there who still care), you probably just did a double take because it actually changed!

It's not quite ready to go live completely, but I wanted to post a major and noticeable change to dispel any rumors that I have given up or never intended on bringing IndyDDR.com back. That is quite simply not the case! Quite the opposite, actually. It has, and still is, my goal to make improvements and add new features, functionality, and a new look to a site that hadn't changed much in over two years.

I realize now that I probably bit off a bit more than I could chew, but I have aligned myself with the right people and resources, and I have renewed interest, motivation, and a new plan to get the job done. It'll happen in stages and will take time to get everything accomplished, but I hope the end result (and all the steps along the way) will be fun and exciting for everyone.

As I stated in my previous updates, my first step is to get the forums back in operation since I know the was the most popular and most used part of the site. Tonight, I take a major step forward in that direction...

This status update, unlike the previous few, is an actual News forum post mirrored on the homepage and not just static text. This means that you finally have an opportunity to leave a comment and the site regains at least a small part of its former interactivity.

Registrations are not yet enabled on the forums as final testing is underway to make sure that the new forum features will all get along and play nice. However, you can reply this thread as a guest. Be sure to include your name or username in the Username field of the posting form if you want to be identified. Otherwise all posts will appear as Guest.

Many thanks go out to AtomX for providing new hosting for the domain and to MonMotha for lending a hand on a lot of the backend programming going into the new features for the forums and several other new things in store for the rest of the site.

mosh_mosh_revolution

Post by mosh_mosh_revolution » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:43 pm

Yaaaay, almost back up!!!

Thanks so much for all your hard work, Ho! Your dedication to the site means so much to all of us!!

-MMR

Jizzon

Woohoo!

Post by Jizzon » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:27 am

I can see "Thenarus" in the memberlist, but how do I find...me? d= I have 8th Style for you, Brian, if you're going to make it to ES tomorrow. How's PNMBH?

ShammerS

Post by ShammerS » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:02 am

I'm, to say the least, extremely excited. 8)

Original Sin

Post by Original Sin » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:15 am

Hey, I'm still here! I believe an 'excellent work' is in order for the Ho man, and I'm sure everyone else, as well as myself, is excited to see what's new.

V

Yay!

Post by V » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:43 am

It's good to hear that IndyDDR is almost back up...but I must say it was also a bit of a relief that it was gone for a while. Maybe now all the intarweb drama will die down considerably :D . Keep up the fantastic work, Ho!

malictus

Post by malictus » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:46 am

Glad to see things are happening. Sounds like some good changes!

aspen

All right!!!

Post by aspen » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:24 am

I'm so excited!! :D

I'm sure it'll be great too! 8)

Juwi bean (Chibi (star))

Post by Juwi bean (Chibi (star)) » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:44 am

Hooray! NUMBER 5! NUMBER 5! 8)

Ryan Dognaux

w00t

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:18 pm

I like the new look of the logo. Excellent.

I'm glad IndyDDR will be back soon :)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: w00t

Post by Ho » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:14 pm

Ryan Dognaux wrote:I like the new look of the logo. Excellent.

I'm glad IndyDDR will be back soon :)
Thanks. I'm glad to get some feedback on it. It's probably not 100% final yet, but it should give you an idea of the direction I'm headed with the overall design of the site.

To elaborate on what I've said in previous status updates...I originally started working on the look-and-feel of the site, but as the weeks of downtime started to drag on I decided to refocus my efforts on functionality so that I could get something up and running. So I've taken a bit of a break from the design of the site, but I figured I'd throw in that little item to give everyone a little preview.

As you can see, the forum is running under the default template and the homepage has almost no formatting at all. The site will probably launch in this state and may be that way for awhile. New features and parts of the new design will just be incorporated as I (and my crack team of experts) have time to get them done. So there will be some construction dust lingering around here, but hopefully that will help spread the freshness out and keep thing interesting. :)

DDRManiac507

Awesome

Post by DDRManiac507 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:58 pm

I cant wait for the boards to be back. It has been weird with them not around!

hitheycallmehero(conor)

Post by hitheycallmehero(conor) » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:31 pm

i cant wait for them.

Potter

Post by Potter » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:05 pm

YEAA!!! Im so happy this is actually happening. Itll be a whole new me also.

Gasflame

Post by Gasflame » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:30 pm

yay!! I'm glad the new site will finally be back up. :D