Chill out, people...

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Post Reply
CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline
Posts: 613
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:32 pm
Location: Indianapolis
Contact:

Post by CaseyDidder » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:40 am

Well alright then, I'm terribly sorry for giving my input =( I'll never do it again, I'm such a moron for thinking that since everyone else gave their input I should maybe try and help too =P
Look, I didn't even need to flame him, he did it before I had the chance :o

User avatar
Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:41 am

CaseyDidder wrote:
Well alright then, I'm terribly sorry for giving my input =( I'll never do it again, I'm such a moron for thinking that since everyone else gave their input I should maybe try and help too =P
Look, I didn't even need to flame him, he did it before I had the chance :o
don't you have psp to be playing or something you fucking nerd :roll:

User avatar
Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:45 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Post by Silent_Blade » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:45 am

CaseyDidder wrote:
Well alright then, I'm terribly sorry for giving my input =( I'll never do it again, I'm such a moron for thinking that since everyone else gave their input I should maybe try and help too =P
Look, I didn't even need to flame him, he did it before I had the chance :o
I don't even know why I care anymore, I come here and just simply try and stop the abuse and I get dissed for it.
I'm sorry Casey if I offended you or anyone else, that was not my intent.

I really don't know how to make this site good agian.
I promise not to bother anyone with my thoughts again.
Image
RAWR I'm a Tuna!

User avatar
Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:48 am

Silent_Blade wrote:
CaseyDidder wrote:
Well alright then, I'm terribly sorry for giving my input =( I'll never do it again, I'm such a moron for thinking that since everyone else gave their input I should maybe try and help too =P
Look, I didn't even need to flame him, he did it before I had the chance :o
I don't even know why I care anymore, I come here and just simply try and stop the abuse and I get dissed for it.
I'm sorry Casey if I offended you or anyone else, that was not my intent.

I really don't know how to make this site good agian.
I promise not to bother anyone with my thoughts again.
make the site good by not being a drama whore. ^ that is being a drama whore.

User avatar
XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: Indy
Contact:

Post by XxJennaxX » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:55 am

Silent_Blade wrote:
CaseyDidder wrote:
Well alright then, I'm terribly sorry for giving my input =( I'll never do it again, I'm such a moron for thinking that since everyone else gave their input I should maybe try and help too =P
Look, I didn't even need to flame him, he did it before I had the chance :o
I don't even know why I care anymore, I come here and just simply try and stop the abuse and I get dissed for it.
I'm sorry Casey if I offended you or anyone else, that was not my intent.

I really don't know how to make this site good agian.
I promise not to bother anyone with my thoughts again.
Why don't you start by learning how to spell?
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

User avatar
Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:45 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Post by Silent_Blade » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:01 pm

XxJennaxX wrote:
Silent_Blade wrote:
CaseyDidder wrote: Look, I didn't even need to flame him, he did it before I had the chance :o
I don't even know why I care anymore, I come here and just simply try and stop the abuse and I get dissed for it.
I'm sorry Casey if I offended you or anyone else, that was not my intent.

I really don't know how to make this site good agian.
I promise not to bother anyone with my thoughts again.
Why don't you start by learning how to spell?
Oh my goodness, I beg for your forgiveness =(
Image
RAWR I'm a Tuna!

User avatar
Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:06 pm

Silent_Blade wrote:
XxJennaxX wrote:
Silent_Blade wrote: I don't even know why I care anymore, I come here and just simply try and stop the abuse and I get dissed for it.
I'm sorry Casey if I offended you or anyone else, that was not my intent.

I really don't know how to make this site good agian.
I promise not to bother anyone with my thoughts again.
Why don't you start by learning how to spell?
Oh my goodness, I beg for your forgiveness =(
he got you there Jenna, it IS the internet

User avatar
XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: Indy
Contact:

Post by XxJennaxX » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:57 pm

Well, I do become worried when people can't spell typical words such as 'again' and 'permanently' correctly, even if it is the internet.
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

User avatar
Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:45 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Post by Silent_Blade » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:30 pm

XxJennaxX wrote:Well, I do become worried when people can't spell typical words such as 'again' and 'permanently' correctly, even if it is the internet.
Holy hell, I spelled Again wrong once and in the same post I typed it correctly =P a simple type error do to the fact that my fingers often trip over eachother while typing =P

And as for me spelling permanently incorrectly I also blame in on type error also =P I don't look at the keyboard and I was in a hurry to reply, so I probably just didn't realize that Perminantly is the wrong spelling due to the fact that I didn't really think about it =)

I must thank you though for insulting my intelligence which you are obviously doing =P
I have many things I wish to say to you, many insulting things but due to the fact that I can control what I type I won't do such a thing, because I'm actually halfway reasonable.

But seriously this is what I'm talking about, I spelled a few words wrong good god somebody come and put a bullet in my head =P I'm obviously a retard.

Can we all just grow up and keep our stupid comments to ourselves? that's the only thing I've ever asked for.


Please drive through!
Image
RAWR I'm a Tuna!

User avatar
XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: Indy
Contact:

Post by XxJennaxX » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:21 pm

Silent_Blade wrote:
XxJennaxX wrote:Well, I do become worried when people can't spell typical words such as 'again' and 'permanently' correctly, even if it is the internet.
Holy hell, I spelled Again wrong once and in the same post I typed it correctly =P a simple type error do to the fact that my fingers often trip over eachother while typing =P

And as for me spelling permanently incorrectly I also blame in on type error also =P I don't look at the keyboard and I was in a hurry to reply, so I probably just didn't realize that Perminantly is the wrong spelling due to the fact that I didn't really think about it =)

I must thank you though for insulting my intelligence which you are obviously doing =P
I have many things I wish to say to you, many insulting things but due to the fact that I can control what I type I won't do such a thing, because I'm actually halfway reasonable.

But seriously this is what I'm talking about, I spelled a few words wrong good god somebody come and put a bullet in my head =P I'm obviously a retard.

Can we all just grow up and keep our stupid comments to ourselves? that's the only thing I've ever asked for.


Please drive through!
I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence. It's just a pet peeve of mine. I figured if everyone was arguing over stupid stuff, I would point out a minor error. And insult me?? Please, obviously you haven't learned that I could care less about what you think about me. I don't go cry b/c someone called me a name.
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

User avatar
Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:45 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Post by Silent_Blade » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:43 pm

XxJennaxX wrote:
Silent_Blade wrote:
XxJennaxX wrote:Well, I do become worried when people can't spell typical words such as 'again' and 'permanently' correctly, even if it is the internet.
Holy hell, I spelled Again wrong once and in the same post I typed it correctly =P a simple type error do to the fact that my fingers often trip over eachother while typing =P

And as for me spelling permanently incorrectly I also blame in on type error also =P I don't look at the keyboard and I was in a hurry to reply, so I probably just didn't realize that Perminantly is the wrong spelling due to the fact that I didn't really think about it =)

I must thank you though for insulting my intelligence which you are obviously doing =P
I have many things I wish to say to you, many insulting things but due to the fact that I can control what I type I won't do such a thing, because I'm actually halfway reasonable.

But seriously this is what I'm talking about, I spelled a few words wrong good god somebody come and put a bullet in my head =P I'm obviously a retard.

Can we all just grow up and keep our stupid comments to ourselves? that's the only thing I've ever asked for.


Please drive through!
I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence. It's just a pet peeve of mine. I figured if everyone was arguing over stupid stuff, I would point out a minor error. And insult me?? Please, obviously you haven't learned that I could care less about what you think about me. I don't go cry b/c someone called me a name.
*sigh*
As I've previously said nobody can tell whether or not you're kidding online, if I'd have known previously that you were just poking fun instead of calling me retarded I'd not have taken any offence what so ever. However your posts did sound rather insulting.

"Well, I do become worried when people can't spell typical words such as 'again' and 'permanently' correctly, even if it is the internet."

How am I to know that's poking fun?
I simply responded to what I saw as an insult to my intelligence =P
Image
RAWR I'm a Tuna!

Spazz
Standard
Standard
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:37 pm
Contact:

Post by Spazz » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:21 pm

Silent_Blade wrote:
XxJennaxX wrote:
Silent_Blade wrote: Holy hell, I spelled Again wrong once and in the same post I typed it correctly =P a simple type error do to the fact that my fingers often trip over eachother while typing =P

And as for me spelling permanently incorrectly I also blame in on type error also =P I don't look at the keyboard and I was in a hurry to reply, so I probably just didn't realize that Perminantly is the wrong spelling due to the fact that I didn't really think about it =)

I must thank you though for insulting my intelligence which you are obviously doing =P
I have many things I wish to say to you, many insulting things but due to the fact that I can control what I type I won't do such a thing, because I'm actually halfway reasonable.

But seriously this is what I'm talking about, I spelled a few words wrong good god somebody come and put a bullet in my head =P I'm obviously a retard.

Can we all just grow up and keep our stupid comments to ourselves? that's the only thing I've ever asked for.


Please drive through!
I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence. It's just a pet peeve of mine. I figured if everyone was arguing over stupid stuff, I would point out a minor error. And insult me?? Please, obviously you haven't learned that I could care less about what you think about me. I don't go cry b/c someone called me a name.
*sigh*
As I've previously said nobody can tell whether or not you're kidding online, if I'd have known previously that you were just poking fun instead of calling me retarded I'd not have taken any offence what so ever. However your posts did sound rather insulting.

"Well, I do become worried when people can't spell typical words such as 'again' and 'permanently' correctly, even if it is the internet."

How am I to know that's poking fun?
I simply responded to what I saw as an insult to my intelligence =P
God, fine. I'll do it.

You're a retard. Shut up and quit trying to start up indyddrdrama.com.

And let this thread day. kthnx
Image
Image

User avatar
Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:45 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Post by Silent_Blade » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:33 pm

Spazz wrote:
Silent_Blade wrote:
XxJennaxX wrote: I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence. It's just a pet peeve of mine. I figured if everyone was arguing over stupid stuff, I would point out a minor error. And insult me?? Please, obviously you haven't learned that I could care less about what you think about me. I don't go cry b/c someone called me a name.
*sigh*
As I've previously said nobody can tell whether or not you're kidding online, if I'd have known previously that you were just poking fun instead of calling me retarded I'd not have taken any offence what so ever. However your posts did sound rather insulting.

"Well, I do become worried when people can't spell typical words such as 'again' and 'permanently' correctly, even if it is the internet."

How am I to know that's poking fun?
I simply responded to what I saw as an insult to my intelligence =P
God, fine. I'll do it.

You're a retard. Shut up and quit trying to start up indyddrdrama.com.

And let this thread day. kthnx
=P Let it day?
Hmm...And I thought that my spelling as bad =P

I'm not starting DDR drama as far as I know...But I'll take your word for it =P
No need to get pissy though, I mean seriously isn't that the thing that was my issue? People not knowing when to just keep their mouths shut?
I simply don't understand why you have to get nasty with me =P
You could have gotten your messege across by simply telling me to drop it.
But whatever, I don't particularly care what you say =P

I was simply trying to appologize to Jenna for getting on her case like I did, I fear that I was not able to tell she was being sarcastic, but you can take my response however you want.

*Edit* Terribly sorry for posting so much, I simply found it easier to break down my replies that way =P instead of just trying to answer everything in one gigantic post =P Again sorry for the inconvenience *End Edit*
Last edited by Silent_Blade on Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
RAWR I'm a Tuna!

User avatar
MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey
Posts: 2487
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:18 pm

Post by MonMotha » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:36 pm

Let's try to chill with the off-topic flamewars...
Silent_Blade wrote:Maybe minimizing their posts to 10 posts a day or less ~ This would 'cause those who cause trouble to really put some thought into their posts and possibly think "Do I really want to waste my few posts on flaming?"
This is actually one of the biggest restrictions on the Danger/Warning/Failed ranks that you can be put into due to excessive low ratings, and making people think about what they post is the biggest reason behind it. These ranks also serve as a warning to others that this person has been known to "do bad things". It's probably a good idea to be extra careful to avoid flamewars with people in these "punishment" ranks since their past behavior usually indicates they're likely to start one.
Silent_Blade wrote:I know you put the rating system in to give the people the choice to who stays and who goes, but somehow the flamers always have somebody AAing their posts to keep them up high enough and out of danger no-matter how rude or offensive their post may have been.
Flamers stick together.
As Ho mentioned, we do look out for this. Abuses have been noticed, and action has been taken in a couple situations. The ratings system and its integration with the user rankings is remarkably configurable (mostly due to the fact that I pretty much entirely rewrote it with that in mind). Contrary to what some of the people abusing the system seem to believe, it's actually pretty easy to notice trends like this. Hopefully the new ability to comment on a rating will make people think more about why they're actually making a rating. We've also spent considerable time recently brainstorming ways to make the system more fair and remove the ability of an individual or small group of people to artificially inflate or decrease a person's overall rating scores used to calculate their ranking.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

User avatar
Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 1985
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:18 am
Location: Fort Wayne
Contact:

Post by Original Sin » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:55 pm

I rarely Boo posts, even when I've been 'attacked,' or feel justified in doing so. It seems that if I do so, I will in turn be Boo'd, rather I said anything to escalate the situation, or anything at all for that matter.
I should use my rating system more, but I guess I'm sort of stuck in neautral ground right now, a dangerous place to be, as is evident by my ever-fluctuating rank. :roll:

Post Reply