Chill out, people...

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:15 pm

sam wrote:edit: and grubb don't play like you didn't start jack. do you not remember your huge explosion on *ME* and threatening to call the cops on me and kick my ass and blah blah blah when i had not done a single thing on the old forums? Yeah, you caused the entire thing to be closed down for a couple months.
Uuh, no, acutally, I don't recall that.

I do recall somebody got ahold of my phone number, and kept calling my house over and over agian, claiming to be you, and saying shit. But that turned out to be someone else whose not on this board anymore.

I don't remember the entire board being shut down because of that either. But I do recall the boards being shut down for a number of flame wars going on at the time. Including one I was involved in because somebody, in this case, Spazz, thought it would be hillarious to insult the death of my fiance'.

Also, I'd never claim that I'm going to go somewhere and kick someones ass, ever. I'm simply not that kind of person.

Also, I've never claimed to be innocent. But I sure as hell don't start shit.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:22 am

Then for god's sake don't start shit in the 'Stop starting shit' thread.....
Both of you. Anyone of you...whatever...

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:29 am

Except for a few people, most of us get along surprisingly well here. I'd really hate to see that change, so hopefully, we can all ....working together is a lost cause, but at least bite our tongues towards the people we don't like. That's what I'm hoping to do.

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:46 am

God Of Rock wrote:Then for god's sake don't start shit in the 'Stop starting shit' thread.....
Both of you. Anyone of you...whatever...
I DIDN'T START SHIT HERE!

Jesus H. Christ people,

I only react when I defend myself.

That's been my stance since well before DDR was even in exhistance, let alone this board. And if any of you people acutally knew me in real life, you'd know that. But instead, everybody on here listens to a bunch of little high school fucktards who've never even met me.

I dare everyone to find a single place where I flamed someone without being insulted first.

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:32 am

Grubb wrote:I don't remember the entire board being shut down because of that either. But I do recall the boards being shut down for a number of flame wars going on at the time. Including one I was involved in because somebody, in this case, Spazz, thought it would be hillarious to insult the death of my fiance'.
I don't ever recall making the misfortune of your fiance's death into an hillarious and oh so juicy flame until just recently. In fact, I don't ever recall ever having the forums shut down... only time I've EVER had disciplinary action taken against me was when Rachael was throwing a hissy fit.

In the future, when you think about linking things to my name/user name, think twice. Because you're usually starting shit when you do.
Grubb wrote:I dare everyone to find a single place where I flamed someone without being insulted first.
I'm bored, so I'm gonna go ahead and do just that.

Well, other than the above post, you've also got this:
Grubb wrote:Atleast when I post, I'm not randomly insulting people.

I'll give you guys a call when I give a fuck about your oppinion.
Ebola Gay wrote:Whoa, whoa, chill. Remember this is a public board, when you ask people to reply, they're gonna do just that. Yes, sometimes the replies arn't worth reading, but that doesn't call for more negitive feelings, eh?
To which you rather assholishly replied:

Ebola- Nobody cares about your stupid self-serving dogma.

Oh damn. I know, it's kinda weak, but uh... I'm too tired to dig for more.

Now kindly shut the fuck up with your stupid, self-serving martyrism. kthnxbai

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:18 am

wow Ho created his own flame bait thread. HAHA :)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:53 am

Let's get this back on topic, please.

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:16 am

Spazz wrote:I don't ever recall making the misfortune of your fiance's death into an hillarious and oh so juicy flame until just recently.
Of course you don't remember. It wouldn't be convinent for the sake of this argument.
Spazz wrote:In fact, I don't ever recall ever having the forums shut down... only time I've EVER had disciplinary action taken against me was when Rachael was throwing a hissy fit.
Well, trust me. The forums where shut down for a number of reasons. Including about 3 flame wars, including the one you started, and some random spammer guy posting all kinds of bullshit.
Spazz wrote:In the future, when you think about linking things to my name/user name, think twice. Because you're usually starting shit when you do.
I believe I had an adiquent amount of time to think about that one. Believe me, I'm not mistaken. You and Paul are the only two who would so emotionally immautre to insult the death of somebody else's loved one like that.
Spazz wrote:
Grubb wrote:I dare everyone to find a single place where I flamed someone without being insulted first.
I'm bored, so I'm gonna go ahead and do just that.

Well, other than the above post, you've also got this:
Grubb wrote:Atleast when I post, I'm not randomly insulting people.

I'll give you guys a call when I give a fuck about your oppinion.
Ebola Gay wrote:Whoa, whoa, chill. Remember this is a public board, when you ask people to reply, they're gonna do just that. Yes, sometimes the replies arn't worth reading, but that doesn't call for more negitive feelings, eh?
To which you rather assholishly replied:

Ebola- Nobody cares about your stupid self-serving dogma.
My above post was obviously a responce to GoR, that's why his post is quoted at the begining.

And obviously, that one you've started quoting was a responce to something Ebola Gay had said.
Spazz wrote:Now kindly shut the fuck up with your stupid, self-serving martyrism. kthnxbai
Call it whatever you want. I'm just sick of Ho letting asshole like you run the boards. That's why most of the people worth talking to and having around have left.

kthnxbai

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:35 am

...and I'm sick of you continuing to argue even when I specifically request that we move on.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:06 pm

As the topic of this thread states:

Chill out people!

Seriously I teach 3 YOs every Friday and Saturday....amounting in total to about 30. They seem to argue a lot but something funny happens. They get tired of arguing with whomever and just moves across the room so they dont argue with them and then they just let it go. I can't believe some toddler can grasp a concept that 18+ YOs cant. Its pretty sad.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:01 pm

Personally, I would be exquisitely pissed if someone made a mockery of the death of my loved one as well. That's beyond immature, that's just plain cruel. That's not something you just 'ignore.' But that one doesn't involve me, so I'm not going to argue about it.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:18 pm

Original Sin wrote:Personally, I would be exquisitely pissed if someone made a mockery of the death of my loved one as well. That's beyond immature, that's just plain cruel. That's not something you just 'ignore.' But that one doesn't involve me, so I'm not going to argue about it.
haha even with out me, grubb and sin still causing flame wars, way to fuel the fire Sin.

Can't we all just be mature and not argue with each other! WE all have something in common, WE LOVE DDR! :roll:

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:31 pm

Nice. Sarcasm. Everyone knows your true sentiments already, though.

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:22 pm

Why is flaming going in this thread? Seriously. Move on. Stop. Quit. Whatever makes you understand. Quit flaming and arguing, especially about the stupid stuff, or stay off the board. Like I said all of this can be handled better in a private manner. IM, PM, ect. Your personal arguments do not interest me, anyways. So, why don't we all have a cookie and move on?
Now for a smiley. :D

ThatGuy
Standard
Standard

Post by ThatGuy » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:36 pm

You know, running a website is a thankless task.

I've been in the position Ho was several times, where it just gets to be too much to deal with. Whatever you do, someone has a problem with it. You try to cater to people, and they blame you for it.

My approach is definately different than Ho's. I set the rules, and I expect them to be followed. If they aren't, then people get banned. It causes problems sometimes, having to be so heavy-handed. However, when people settle down they start to realize how nice it is to have a place to discuss things they're interested in that isn't filled with flames and spam and BS like nearly everywhere else.

Someone said of me "TG is really easy-going, except when it comes to business. TG's websites are their business." I think that's pretty accurate.

I'd rather have a website that I poured lots of time and effort into sitting there mostly unused than have it filled with people who cannot bring themselves to respect others. And it is about respect, whatever their arguments to the contrary are. If you respect others and treat them as equals, then you can haave some marvelous discussions. If you dont, you get flamewars and spam.

As has already been stated, the most effective and yet most difficult thing for someone to do is to ignore when they've been slighted and simply move on. The people without respect who continually post flamebait are trying to get attention by making people react to them. By jumping in on the flames, or even making posts saying "stop flaming" you're just giving them more of the attention they crave. Stop doing so, and they settle themselves down or wander off to a place they get that attention.

I'd like to say that I support Ho in trying to bring back the small community atmosphere IndyDDR used to have, and sticking through all the BS that comes with running a site. It's a tough thing to do.