Chill out, people...

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:30 pm

GaKki wrote:ruining DDR with comments like "You suck" or "Ugh. Why'd you pick THAT song" which have both be said to me by people that either are part of or were part of this "community".

LoL when we played at the Wash i always let you pick. I remember cause you either did "End of the Century" or "Dynamite Rave"

But I know exactly what you are saying.

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:31 pm

sometimes i miss the yahoo forums
:D
~*Erica*~

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:00 pm

I don't really have an opinion on Casey getting banned, or whatever it was happened to him. I've gotten over all the bullshit. I don't think Ho banned/disciplined Casey specifically for what he said, and as some of you sited, they was meant to be humor in that. That's fine, I didn't give his comment a second thought.
Ho banned him because he has a history of doing things specifically to piss people off, and by that post, he admitted that he had no intent of changing that. Ho said he does not welcome that kind of behavior, so fine. So long as Casey doesn't make a point of bothering me, I let it go. I've pretty much ignored everything for over a week now.
'Whining' isn't running this site. Ho is running it, and his standards have remained the same for as long as I remember. If people refuse to abide by his standards for that long, then it's their own fault if they get banned.
I've changed, I've taken the 'advice' as harsh as it may be, and I've pretty much been playing ignorant.
Ho doesn't make many rules, but if people make it so obvious they're not going to follow them, I can't feel sorry for them if they get banned.
The same should be expected anywhere you go, be it a forum or in the real world.
A lot of people may be disappointed in the administration at the moment, but think about. If you continuously make a point of mocking the admin's wishes on their own grounds, you should expect something to happen. Especially after this long.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:34 pm

Original Sin wrote: Ho is running it, and his standards have remained the same for as long as I remember. If people refuse to abide by his standards for that long, then it's their own fault if they get banned.

Right there is where I have a problem with your post. You said that Ho is running this site. I thought the reason for the rating system was so he didn't have to run it and we had a say. And some people are not being heard, or acknowledged. For as long as I remember (2002) this site was everybody's and everybody had an opinion. To me banning him wasn't everyone's opinion just the few that he decided to listen to. Indy DDR never had rules it had a FAQ, aka... the spirit of Indy DDR. Basically what I am trying to say is the people who keep throwing stones shouldn't live in glass houses, because they are just pissed because some people threw the stones back.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:36 pm

Spazz wrote:
Ho wrote:
Fujiwara Bunta wrote:Yes, but my post wasn't directed at you. It was towards Ho, but you have valid points as well. I will admit that there are some times that we go overboard, and we're werkin' on that as well.
CaseyDidder wrote:I'm not, I jus haven't found anything good to flame lately :o Sin isn't giving me any bait, neither is Grubb, Silent is throwing it out like bird seed at a park, but Ho's watching this thread so ;) Anyways I had to wait till my rating was back up :O I couldn't even do a proper rating for a while because some ppl liked to abuse the rating system against my name.
Your self-admission of your intent to continue to inflict damage through your unwelcome brand of 'humor' shows your blatant disregard and lack of respect for this community. I am therefore compelled to take direct and immediate action.

It really isn't hard to make some small concessions to function better within a group while still being true to yourself. I'm just disappointed that you're not willing to make such a commitment.
I think that was a bit harsh, Ho, considering the fact that Casey's comment there was a lesson in humor.

This forum seems to be run by the whining of a bunch of crybabies, and I'm frankly very dissapointed in the administration. If someone can't take some heat, then they shouldn't be showing their ugly mugs out in public.

People like Grubb and Silent just can't seem to either take a joke, or shut the hell up and take things just a bit too personally. That's why people like Joe, Casey, and myself can have so much fun with them. They're annoying, so they open themselves up to some ridicule to shut them the hell up.

Like I said, a true dissapointment, I've lost interest in this community and prolly won't return anytime soon until this is handled in a mature fashion, rather than by a bunch of crybabies and Ho singling someone out.
I agree, but in their defense (as in Grubb and Silent) a lot of people don't get our sense of humor. We have stated time and time again that all of us share a queer sense of humor that most people don't get. I do think that they need to grow a bit thicker skin, or not be so insensitive. (And dont even throw in the dead fiance thing...that was Spazz.)

After having a conversation with Ho, he did point out that from the begining of the DDR community Casey has been banned time and time again, and from pattern will never cease to "change his ways."

Ho is stuck in a sticky situation. Not only does he actually enjoy some of Casey's comments and doesnt have a vendetta against him, he is in fact, a good DDR player. But then again, Casey does like to make a few waves in the community that many take offense to. So what do you expect Ho to do? If he is too "leniant" he gets PMs out the ass, if he takes some admin action people threaten to leave the community.

I personally think that Casey needs to at least be back on Beginner or something small so he can slowly work himself up again.

And Grubb, like Ho said, gloating is inappropiate. Go throw your party about Casey being "banned" somewhere else. Just because you don't like him doesnt mean that others enjoy his company or sense of humor. (I also mean that in the most non-offensive way possible.)
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:36 pm

If I don't take action...people bitch.
If I take action...people bitch.

I'll never make everyone happy. I learned that lesson long ago--certainly long before I ever set out to start an Internet forum. Whatever I do, someone will paint me as either a hero or a villian, so I just try to make decisions the best I can and live with them.

As for the timing of my action against Casey, which seems to be the biggest current complaint I'm getting--including from him:

Whether what he said was a joke or not, the point is that there are already a number of reasons I can point to if I truly wanted to justify my action. They exist here. They existed in the previous forum where he was banned more than once. And they existed on the Yahoo! Group where I wasn't even the one in charge to ban him the first time. His history speaks for itself.

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:43 pm

. Happy now?
Last edited by Erica6924 on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~*Erica*~

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:52 pm

not to be completely rude or anything but there is allready a thank you ho for all you do thread, I like the fact that we are trying to work out some issues here, but still the response I am preciving isn't what I had expected.

Basically it boils down to this just because you get rid of him the problems aren't going to cease. CASEY is a member of our community and has been for a long time. Wiether he is an ass or not. We claim to be this so called family thing , well you just can throw out your sibling cause they cut the head off your doll. And you can't toss your uncle out of the family because at christmas he makes obsecene comments. You learn to accept it and move on because that is what makes them who they are...

Also, many people's reasoning behind hating him and other behavior is what will the new people think, well we as a whole (the old members) it is our job to tell them how he is, so that way we can learn from each other. You don't keep kids away from unruly family members you explain to them. You teach, and that my friend is what we are all here for is to teach.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:57 pm

I'd like to take a moment to recognize Ho for putting a lot of time and money into the site and community that is IndyDDR.
Last edited by TaQa on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:58 pm

In any group there are always people that will be liked and disliked. However, people can choose to peacefully co-exist in spite of the differences they may have. Casey makes his choice clear time and time again.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:01 pm

As I have stated before other people have done stuff in public forums that was just as bad if not WORSE, and still their accounts go untouched. The point I am trying to make is if behavior is bad it should be delt with not matter who it is, but it seems to me that will never happen because of who they are and who they are friends with in this forum.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:05 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:As I have stated before other people have done stuff in public forums that was just as bad if not WORSE, and still their accounts go untouched. The point I am trying to make is if behavior is bad it should be delt with not matter who it is, but it seems to me that will never happen because of who they are and who they are friends with in this forum.
But also, as Ho has stated before, Casey shows no indication that he will change or lighten up. I agree with you on the majority of the things, and I also think the action against Casey was a bit harsh. But like Ho said, no matter what people are going to bitch at him.

ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:09 pm

Ho wrote:In any group there are always people that will be liked and disliked. However, people can choose to peacefully co-exist in spite of the differences they may have. Casey makes his choice clear time and time again.
Rusty Shackleford wrote:As I have stated before other people have done stuff in public forums that was just as bad if not WORSE, and still their accounts go untouched. The point I am trying to make is if behavior is bad it should be delt with not matter who it is, but it seems to me that will never happen because of who they are and who they are friends with in this forum.
I think Brian's point is not the intensity of individual posts, it's the sheer volume of total negitive posts.

Post-per-post, Casey has made a lot more unnessisary negitive insult-posts than Spazz has. And that pervious coment of his was the straw the broke the camel's back.
Last edited by Grubb on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:10 pm

Then those are the people that should be delt with. Because they are just as much responsible and he is. Because it is the people who dont know how to precieve him is the people who is making it worse

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:30 pm

I have taken action against others in the past as well. Some of them have been my friends. I will do so again if I have to.

What I do here isn't personal. It is simply my attempt to maintain order for the forums to function smoothly.