Standard
Standard

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:44 pm

outrage.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:09 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:Oh, I know, I wasn't accusing you of that. I'm just pointing out that people need to shut up and go do something productive.
It usually takes less than a minute to post. What HUGE waste of time.
You can only talk about DDR for so long, before it gets redundant, or boring, or in my case, both. It's the 'other' things that keep people interested.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:14 pm

Original Sin wrote:It usually takes less than a minute to post. What HUGE waste of time.
I guess that's why you have over 500 posts already. :)

I usually waste my time having useless conversations with people on AIM instead of on a message board, though. That way I don't have to read a bunch of posts that are
|------------------------------------------this-------------------------------------------|
long to find anything worth the effort to read.

admin edit: shortened length of line that was breaking layout

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:15 pm

The game brought this community together. From there it has taken on a life of its own. And that's what's truly remarkable.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:22 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:
Original Sin wrote:It usually takes less than a minute to post. What HUGE waste of time.

I usually waste my time having useless conversations with people on AIM instead of on a message board, though. That way I don't have to read a bunch of posts that are
|------------------------------------------this-------------------------------------------|
Then uh...stop reading it.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

rUiN GOD
Standard
Standard

Post by rUiN GOD » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:49 pm

Ah if it were only that simple "Aly". 8)

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:12 pm

rUiN GOD wrote:Ah if it were only that simple "Aly". 8)
Ah but it is!!! Just people like to make it complicated.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:13 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:

However, Sin earns his posts. More than the great majority of them are worthwhile reads, regardless of whether they're long or short. When I read his posts, I can at least know I'm going to be reading something worth my time. I can't say that about a lot of posts here. I can't even say that about my own posts. :D So we should at least appreciate that somebody here cares enough to state an opinion other than "dis shit blowz n u suk."
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:30 pm

Thank you. I try. :wink:

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:32 pm

Especially for a post whore..... :D

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:20 pm

Pheadra wrote:So what is exactly administrative disipline?

And Grubb dont act so smug....he may be back.
I can be as smug as I want to.

I'm just happy Ho finally did something besides say that he "Cares."
Something that might acutally help solve stupid problems.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:23 pm

God Of Rock wrote:Especially for a post whore..... :D
Who do you think I learned it from? :roll:

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:17 pm

Ho wrote:
Fujiwara Bunta wrote:Yes, but my post wasn't directed at you. It was towards Ho, but you have valid points as well. I will admit that there are some times that we go overboard, and we're werkin' on that as well.
CaseyDidder wrote:I'm not, I jus haven't found anything good to flame lately :o Sin isn't giving me any bait, neither is Grubb, Silent is throwing it out like bird seed at a park, but Ho's watching this thread so ;) Anyways I had to wait till my rating was back up :O I couldn't even do a proper rating for a while because some ppl liked to abuse the rating system against my name.
Your self-admission of your intent to continue to inflict damage through your unwelcome brand of 'humor' shows your blatant disregard and lack of respect for this community. I am therefore compelled to take direct and immediate action.

It really isn't hard to make some small concessions to function better within a group while still being true to yourself. I'm just disappointed that you're not willing to make such a commitment.
I think that was a bit harsh, Ho, considering the fact that Casey's comment there was a lesson in humor.

This forum seems to be run by the whining of a bunch of crybabies, and I'm frankly very dissapointed in the administration. If someone can't take some heat, then they shouldn't be showing their ugly mugs out in public.

People like Grubb and Silent just can't seem to either take a joke, or shut the hell up and take things just a bit too personally. That's why people like Joe, Casey, and myself can have so much fun with them. They're annoying, so they open themselves up to some ridicule to shut them the hell up.

Like I said, a true dissapointment, I've lost interest in this community and prolly won't return anytime soon until this is handled in a mature fashion, rather than by a bunch of crybabies and Ho singling someone out.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:34 pm

Tries to think how to word this without getting fifteen thousand Boo's and misses.

And I don't even know why I try anyways it isn't like what I say is going to matter because it has NEVER in the past.

First off, Casey should not be banned over that comment heck I can even see the humor in that. He was back up to standard weither or not people abused the rating system as you called it he was there and he should have had a fair chance. There is a lot more problems on these boards than casey. In my opinion you are trying to keep the little clique happy by elminating him. I think it is a little game or some that some people like to play around here. Lets see who can get casey banned first, and it is complete and utter crap. I think before people start slinging mud and whatever else they can at people they need to take a good look at themselves and ask " Am I really that insecure in my life that I can't take some fun on the internet" And most of this stems from apparently making fun of Death, in particular Grubbs finance well that dancing queen IU had a hay day in the one thread on CC and NO body imediately banned him or have even posted a bitch fit about that one. And to add to this festering pile of dog feces (thanks secef for helping me remember how to spell that) CASEY hasn't even made fun of grubb for that it was Spazz and you dont see everyone wanting to ban him for that. Which is only because he isnt CASEY.

I bet that atleast 75 % of Indy DDR has started shit with either someone on this board or someone in real life, and I bet within that 75 % is the people who are bitching about Casey in this thread. So for the love of God, Budda, Ho or what ever you believe is your religion SHUT THE FUCK UP and quit bitching and unban Casey and let the ENTIRE community voice their opinion on him not just the few you want to hear.

Edit:
And I will agree with Grubb on ONE thing (hopes I won't get struck by lightening) this place is turning in to Highschool heck I won't even give it that much credit more like middle school day by day. And about the rating system everyone abuses them to an extent. Because they disagree with something they boo. When a clique goes under attack as I like to call it they all ban together and keep the person out of harm. Just like when Grubb was being Boo'd Silent Blade was right there giving him perfects. Or when Casey was being Boo'd lots of people were giving him perfects. Or even Potter who OPENLY admits to helping Hoody out of danger. Even though he says he was kidding how are we to know that is true looking at it from a normal posters kind of view. This all adds up to the simple fact that there are BIGGER issues than Casey calling someone fat, goth, or whatever. Hell I am fat I will admit it I AM FAT, FAT, FAT, FAT. And you know what.... Casey has never called me fat, you want to know why.... it is because he knows that it doesn't bother me and I agree with him that I am because I can accept the truth about myself and arguing that I am not fat would be pointless. Right there folks is the solution to your internet problems. Shrug it the fuck off and move on.

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:26 pm

Ho wrote:The game brought this community together. From there it has taken on a life of its own. And that's what's truly remarkable.
Ho is EXACTLY right. This game, this crazy game, has brought us all together in what should be unity. We ALL have at least one thing in common. No one needs to argue here. This should be the friendlyist of places and for the most part, it is. If your here, I am assuming DDR brings, or if you no-longer play/have the opportunity to play, that it did at some point. So, if the reason you are here is positive let's not ruin a good thing we have going. One thing I HATED before the forum closed was people ruining DDR with comments like "You suck" or "Ugh. Why'd you pick THAT song" which have both be said to me by people that either are part of or were part of this "community". I quoted that because I had a lack of better term. Anyways, I have seen much improvment with that, but at the same time, I RARELY, very rarely see any of you in person. I would really love to change that, but I am afraid that old shit (there I go again, being a hypocrite) will start again, or worse, that I am wrong and it never ended. It's the hate you see on here or flaming from time-to-time that would lead me to believe that. But, If I really didn't like you guys or thought that shit DID still go one, and I no it probably does but I don't think anywhere near as much, I wouldn't be here. Fin'