Chill out, people...

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:05 am

Fujiwara Bunta wrote:Yes, but my post wasn't directed at you. It was towards Ho, but you have valid points as well. I will admit that there are some times that we go overboard, and we're werkin' on that as well.
CaseyDidder wrote:I'm not, I jus haven't found anything good to flame lately :o Sin isn't giving me any bait, neither is Grubb, Silent is throwing it out like bird seed at a park, but Ho's watching this thread so ;) Anyways I had to wait till my rating was back up :O I couldn't even do a proper rating for a while because some ppl liked to abuse the rating system against my name.
Your self-admission of your intent to continue to inflict damage through your unwelcome brand of 'humor' shows your blatant disregard and lack of respect for this community. I am therefore compelled to take direct and immediate action.

It really isn't hard to make some small concessions to function better within a group while still being true to yourself. I'm just disappointed that you're not willing to make such a commitment.

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:12 am

Ho wrote:Your self-admission of your intent to continue to inflict damage through your unwelcome brand of 'humor' shows your blatant disregard and lack of respect for this community. I am therefore compelled to take direct and immediate action.
Casey = Administrative Disipline?

Ho...

You are the wind beneith my wings!

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:43 am

So what is exactly administrative disipline?

And Grubb dont act so smug....he may be back.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:49 am

One post per day, no rating privileges.

And yes, gloating is inappropriate.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:28 am

Ho wrote:One post per day, no rating privileges.

And yes, gloating is inappropriate.
Ah so its like failed!
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:40 am

In an odd defense toward Casey, I believe his previous comment that got him into trouble was probably his least offensive post, considering he didn't exactly insult anyone.

But I suppose my opinion doesn't really matter.
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:24 am

His comment stated that he was willfully going to continue the same behavior that has always gotten him in trouble here. So the comment itself wasn't the trigger so much as the intent behind it. I've granted him excessive leeway on this and many previous occsions. This made it clear that he would only continue to push the limits.

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:42 am

I think everyone's forgetting that Casey's not the only person who flames, and to be quite frank, he's calmed down a lot lately.

But in regards to a similar subject, I've been watching these threads and everyone's complaints, and it's funny b/c I think I'm the only person that realizes that nothing is going to change. Despite all the rating comments, number of posts, and other moderations, there will still continue to be a lack of civility in this community. You can't change people, and just because you can add a reason why you have given someone a particular grade doesn't mean that they're going to restrict themselves to respectable manners. As equally annoying as the flames are the people who constantly complain that someone is making fun of them or insulting them, and I'm sure a mailbox full of whiny PM's is just quite as annoying as a mailbox full of insults.

I guess the bottom line is that people can't learn that it's the INTERNET and that people say bad things and if they can't handle it, then they're not ready for the real world where people are much more hostile and mean. And God forbid, the real world doesn't have moderators to keep the crybabies satisfied.

UberAvonDancer
Standard
Standard

Post by UberAvonDancer » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:10 pm

XxJennaxX wrote:I think everyone's forgetting that Casey's not the only person who flames, and to be quite frank, he's calmed down a lot lately.

But in regards to a similar subject, I've been watching these threads and everyone's complaints, and it's funny b/c I think I'm the only person that realizes that nothing is going to change. Despite all the rating comments, number of posts, and other moderations, there will still continue to be a lack of civility in this community. You can't change people, and just because you can add a reason why you have given someone a particular grade doesn't mean that they're going to restrict themselves to respectable manners. As equally annoying as the flames are the people who constantly complain that someone is making fun of them or insulting them, and I'm sure a mailbox full of whiny PM's is just quite as annoying as a mailbox full of insults.

I guess the bottom line is that people can't learn that it's the INTERNET and that people say bad things and if they can't handle it, then they're not ready for the real world where people are much more hostile and mean. And God forbid, the real world doesn't have moderators to keep the crybabies satisfied.
Ah yes and its so hard for people to just play nice eh? This isnt the realworld, this is an internet forum. Further more a forum that everyone could almost certainly meet with very little effort. So why cant we all just get along? I somewhat agree with you, as of late Casey has backed way off, but I side with ho. He flat out said should the chance come up whe would start this all up again. Personally I think Ho's been very lenient with him.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:42 pm

XxJennaxX wrote:I think everyone's forgetting that Casey's not the only person who flames, and to be quite frank, he's calmed down a lot lately.
Quite true, but he also has a long track record of infractions. Plus his recent 'calm' has been while already being in a punishment rank. No sooner was he back to Standard that he was also back to his usual antics.

And you're also right that he's not the only one, but he is easily the most destructive one. I'll take action against others should the need arise. This isn't personal. Frankly, I don't really have a problem with him myself. I only have a problem with his negative effect on the flow of these forums and I'm tired of having to deal with it. I'd much rather move on to other things.
XxJennaxX wrote:As equally annoying as the flames are the people who constantly complain that someone is making fun of them or insulting them, and I'm sure a mailbox full of whiny PM's is just quite as annoying as a mailbox full of insults.
Also true. But if the flames did not exist, neither would the complaints.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:18 pm

This thread is completely pointless. Please get lives.

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:21 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:This thread is completely pointless. Please get lives.
This is site about a game. I think you're forgetting that to some people, it is their life. ::shrugs::

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:23 pm

I know, and the longest discussion of said game is shorter than this thread.

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:24 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:I know, and the longest discussion of said game is shorter than this thread.
And most of the complaints and discussions on here don't even involve the game. How ironic??

...and im not being sarcastic/mean btw

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:27 pm

Oh, I know, I wasn't accusing you of that. I'm just pointing out that people need to shut up and go do something productive.