Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:21 pm

This web sucks. >=(

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:56 pm

Original Sin wrote:Sure it works, but if you're repeatedly made the target of personal attacks, there's only so much one person can take. Everyone has a breaking point. I for one have honor, and am proud of the things I do, and the people I associate with. I try to take the high road when I can, but there's a line. And it was defenitely crossed.
Wholly understood. But did the retaliation make the situation any better beyond perhaps giving you a sense of self satisfaction? From the perspective of the forums as a whole--and certainly the threads in which these battles have been fought--I would have to say the answer was 'no.'

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:11 pm

Ho wrote:
Original Sin wrote:Sure it works, but if you're repeatedly made the target of personal attacks, there's only so much one person can take. Everyone has a breaking point. I for one have honor, and am proud of the things I do, and the people I associate with. I try to take the high road when I can, but there's a line. And it was defenitely crossed.
Wholly understood. But did the retaliation make the situation any better beyond perhaps giving you a sense of self satisfaction? From the perspective of the forums as a whole--and certainly the threads in which these battles have been fought--I would have to say the answer was 'no.'
I'd take Ho's word for it. A solution that would not only take the weight off of mods, but also keep Casey n co. off your back would be to walk away. Aside from defending honor and other abstract terms, you're simply getting upset which is what keeps CnC going.

If I wanted to get a rise out of someone, I'd most likely make fun of you too. Versus say, making fun of Likeable Rodent, who I'm guessing wouldn't think twice about it.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:14 pm

Yeah it isnt entertaining to make fun of Likablerodent he will just agree with you until you get bored and then you move on.

I can definitly see other people as fresh meat though

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:21 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Yeah it isnt entertaining to make fun of Likablerodent he will just agree with you until you get bored and then you move on.

Heh, he doesn't agree with me very often on this here intraweb. He's nice in person though...unless he's throwing staplers.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:23 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Likablerodent
Original Sin wrote:throwing staplers.
WATCH OUT CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:04 pm

Original Sin wrote:
Rusty Shackleford wrote:Yeah it isnt entertaining to make fun of Likablerodent he will just agree with you until you get bored and then you move on.

Heh, he doesn't agree with me very often on this here intraweb. He's nice in person though...unless he's throwing staplers.
I'm never going to be able to get rid of that incident, am I?

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:38 am

Nope. It was damn hillarious. :D

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:53 am

malictus wrote:Here's a very, very simple rule: don't say something about someone in a post on the forum unless you'd say it directly to their face. I'm always amazed when people get so nasty towards each other here, and yet as soon as another DDR event comes around everyone is all smiles and laughs.

It's very easy to insult someone over the net: the only thing they can do in retaliation is throw another insult back, and then the cycle starts. Just use some common sense before you post...
:o that is a bad rule.. because Me, Joe, and spazz will say anything to anybody.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:46 pm

CaseyDidder wrote:
malictus wrote:Here's a very, very simple rule: don't say something about someone in a post on the forum unless you'd say it directly to their face. I'm always amazed when people get so nasty towards each other here, and yet as soon as another DDR event comes around everyone is all smiles and laughs.

It's very easy to insult someone over the net: the only thing they can do in retaliation is throw another insult back, and then the cycle starts. Just use some common sense before you post...
:o that is a bad rule.. because Me, Joe, and spazz will say anything to anybody.
Oh how true.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:31 pm

why don't people think before posting

i mean seriously, has the thought never crossed your mind "Maybe this thread is a worthless piece of dogshit that noone cares to read, is going to be a waste of clicks and full of unreadable color" YEAH! SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT READ TO ME!

The reason I get bitchy to people is I come here looking for discussion and am greeted with garbage such as "suck cum oh what's your favorite food" or "What's your favorite <insert generic item here>" topics..It's monotonus and has been done before...who cares.

There have been countless threads/replies I've made where I was moments away from clicking submit and then thought "Would I care to read this?" and then I say no and close the window. It'd be great to see others do the same.

If the level of intelligence on this forum rose the amount of stupid posts would decline (no way!?)

I find it unfair and cruel that the people that are on Ho's "great side" can go running to him whenever they feel insulted by someone to get retributions. This is NOT turning the other cheek, this is using your big, fat, oversized cheek to crush the opposers. If you have a complaint about a user try pming them first. If they're reluctant to change their ways take the real high road and ignore them. it's that simple!

edit: and grubb don't play like you didn't start jack. do you not remember your huge explosion on *ME* and threatening to call the cops on me and kick my ass and blah blah blah when i had not done a single thing on the old forums? Yeah, you caused the entire thing to be closed down for a couple months.
insert code compile execute return

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:47 pm

sam wrote:I find it unfair and cruel that the people that are on Ho's "great side" can go running to him whenever they feel insulted by someone to get retributions. This is NOT turning the other cheek, this is using your big, fat, oversized cheek to crush the opposers. If you have a complaint about a user try pming them first. If they're reluctant to change their ways take the real high road and ignore them. it's that simple!
Just for the record, it's rare that I take direct action based on the complaints that I get from people. I get requests all the time to ban people, lock threads, etc., but I seldom do. My history for banning users is extremely small and I don't lock very many threads either. I don't ignore these requests, but I usually suggest another course of action.

Also, I get them from all types: people who are my friends and people who I've never even met. In either case, I make decisions and take action for the community, not individuals. What I do here isn't personal and is not necessarily a reflection of any real life relationship I may have with anyone here.

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:48 pm

All I know is that a lot of the people who argue on here are over the age of 18. Or, at least, I believe so. Not sure. Don't personally know anyone but about 5 people. Anyways. If you're a legal adult act like one. I am amazed at how immiture people act sometimes. I haven't seen one topic go with out some sort of hate go on for a whole. There are traces of it. Everywhere. I will tell you I have been involved, but only once that I relly can think of. So the simple solution is Shut the Shit. Keep it off of here. And I know this is kinda of stupid to say after that, but somethings really need to be toned down too, like language. Because I would really love to be able to look at the forum without having to look around every few minutes for my parents/teachers and feeling like I am look at something "bad". Just my insight. Let's just be pleasent and keep the bashing and flaming off here/PM/IM. That is all.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:50 pm

Quick comment:
Age is a much smaller predictor of maturity than many people seem to regard it as.

JB
Light
Light

Just a question

Post by JB » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:19 pm

Apologies for bumping in on a thread that has already been talked thru quite considerably.

I have been around many different age groups and worked in different workplace settings. Dealt with alot of different people. So here's my whole spin on the issue. I have never have a problem with a 20 year old acting like a 6 year old to be funny, if they are joking, or even if they are Emotionally "challenged". Also have never had a problem with a 6 y/o acting like they were 30. As long as it was justified. Normally it's found amusing at the very least.

Maturity is also a variable everyone has a different perspective on. This is what makes us individuals in our own right.

When something bothers you about a post maybe try considering the source.......... Do they have a need for attention? ......Maybe are not confident in themselves?? ........ Do they have problems that they compensate for on the boards?.........How about the individual is bored and just wants to pis* on someone?

Whoever suggested to PM people was a great suggestion.... You can always PM them and ask about their feelings.... :oops: Ask them if their hand needs holding.

And if you don't like what has been said take it with a 'grain of salt' Cause its not worth much.

JB