Gathering boxes and tape

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gathering boxes and tape

Post by Ho » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:26 pm

AtomX has graciously provided hosting for IndyDDR for the past...well, so long that I had to look it up. He's been hosting us since 2005! His generous service has been greatly appreciated, and we all owe him our thanks for these past 8+ years.

But, after all this time, he's closing down his hosting accounts. It has nothing specifically to do with us. He's just getting out of the hosting business, and that means that IndyDDR needs a new home.

I already have new hosting secured, but I need to go through the process of moving everything over to it. That means that I'll be closing this site down so I can move the data without it actively being changed. My primary goal is that nothing is lost in the move.

I'm not exactly sure when I'll be doing this...sometime in the next week, but I haven't decided on a specific day/time. I'm just giving everyone a heads up now so that they're not surprised if the site is down. Hopefully it won't be down long and the transition will be smooth. I don't expect it to be down for more than a day, but I'm not making any promises. No one will take anything I say about site downtime seriously anyway. ;)

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Gathering boxes and tape

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Thanks AtomX for what is presumably the pro-bono hosting you have given us. This is truly the end of the era.

Can you confirm or deny if the new host is a current and active member of IndyDDR? I don't want no stinking 3rd party ruling over my precious posts.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:01 pm

I can confirm the host is me. Today I smell like barbecue. I deny the assertion that your posts are precious.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Will we have another great loss of information?!!?! We cannot lose our cache of .gifs.

I want to see the forum conversations pre-2005 still.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:14 pm

I would also like to see pre-2005 posts.

here iz a preview of what they migh tlook like, heh :mrgreen:

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:27 pm

roftlmaobbq i LUV ddr let's actuawy talk about dee dee arr

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:58 pm

Riot wrote:roftlmaobbq i LUV ddr let's actuawy talk about dee dee arr
Hot topic sells rhe best ironic teeshirts to establish our. Counterculture status as deedeearr players.

Amidoingitright
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:16 pm

And, we're back...mostly.

If you're reading this, you're on the new host. I got the forums transferred over last night/today. We were only down about 12 hours. It's pretty much just the forums at the moment. I still need to upload the rest of the content (like the photo albums). If you notice anything broken (specifically with the forums for now), please let me know.