Something new? Well, maybe not new, but...

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Something new? Well, maybe not new, but...

Post by Ho » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:47 am

It looks like I haven't done a news post since April of 2008. Frankly, very little has changed here since then (or probably even two years before that). But, at long last, I'm actually beginning to do some work on the site.

Don't expect any major new features. Most of what I'm planning is to add some historical context to IndyDDR to coincide with its 12th anniversary coming up in about a month, or 3 months, or 7 months, or 8 months... There are stories for each of those dates...stories that I would like to be told. And those are among the stories I am hoping to tell by creating, restoring, and improving historical content here on the site.

IndyDDR has been a huge part of my life both directly and indirectly over the past decade, and I know it has been for many others as well. There are very few active participants left, but I do think there are quite a number of people that still think about or reference content here to recall people they've met, events passed, crazy stuff that has happened, etc. I know I sure do!

The first thing I'm working on is the photo archive. Tonight, I started taking the video clips sprinkled throughout the various albums and uploading them to YouTube. Post-2005 videos are already on YouTube, but older ones are Windows Media files stored directly here on the site. This is probably far less convenient for the majority of users now in 2012. Heck, even I don't have a plug-in for my browser to play them.

I uploaded the first 8 clips from way back in 2002 tonight. There are 76 clips between 2002 and 2005, so it will probably take me a little while to finish them all, but you can look for them on our YouTube channel as I progress. Of course they will all be linked within their respective photo albums as well.

I'll keep updating this thread as my work continues. With any luck, maybe I'll finish before the last 12th anniversary date comes around in about 8 months. ;)

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Re: Something new? Well, maybe not new, but...

Post by ShammerS » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:23 am

Those video uploads lead me here. I don't really have much to say other than I concur with all of the above -- so many awesome memories, friends, events, etc. have passed and it's thanks to this community.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:01 pm

16 more videos uploaded today. I'm into 2004!

The going is slow, but it's going. This is obviously going to be a project.

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:02 pm

I remember the first time I've ever met you back in a weekend Louisville DDR tournament (what the title was I can't remember) and I remembered you kept on tooling away on your computer and saying you were working on videos for previous tournaments that you had recorded. Ah, memories...

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:25 pm

I wonder if I ever finished those. :P

I have literally hours and hours of video footage from various events that no one has ever seen...including me!

If I dig around, I probably have additional photos that never got posted, too.

For the moment, I'm working on improving existing content. I may go looking for "lost footage" later if some of these initial projects go well/quickly. It will be like IndyDDR: The Director's Cut.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:10 am

Brian you are the cornerstone of this community, I appreciate you doing this, it's neat to see what the Indy scene was like while I was a young and innocent virgin up in Fort Wayne.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:09 pm

All the photo archive videos are now on YouTube. I even made a nice, convenient playlist. If you want to kill a little more than an hour, here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... e-Pz2OtykW

Enjoy!

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:56 am

so much nostalgia and memories my brain exploded. Then I saw my 12 year old self at 0:47 then my brain actually exploded IRL

also god there's so many of these brain exploding

Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:27 am

I want to get really rich just so I can present Brian a gold encrusted lifetime community building lifetime achievement award for achieving award. You're responsible for like 5 marriages dude. and hundreds of friendships. Every one of the people I'm friends with now and even eventual business partners with, I can trace back to this forum

Seriously Brian from all of us, thank you!
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy