The Revolution: Reborn

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Revolution: Reborn

Post by Ho » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:57 am

Welcome back, everyone!

User registration is now enabled, so you can sign up for an account and start using the forums. We're still running with the default phpBB template, but that should change over time as other parts of the site go live and the main site design starts to take shape.

So what's new here? First off, you'll notice the forums have been trimmed down substantially. I've left only the most popular areas to get us started. We might add some as needs arise. Others might get removed as their functionality is migrated to new features of the site. Stay tuned for details about this.

Another change to the forums is the way in which ranks are handled. A new Beginner rank has been added that everyone will start as. Beginner users can only make five posts per day. Users will move up to Light once they have made 10 posts and have been registered for at least seven days. The Light rank will allow 10 posts per day. Users will stay there until they have made 25 posts and been registered for a total of at least 14 days. After that, they will be Standard and have no post limits.

These limits are designed to help avoid new users getting over-excited and bumping dozens of old threads and to encourage them to take some time to acclimate themselves to the culture here before jumping in full force.

Additional ranks will be added as well. These will be tied to additional new features that will be introduced soon. I will give you a preview and say that ranks beyond Standard will be "merit-based" rather than or in addition to post count based. I hope this will make them more meaningful than before since they will represent valuable participation in the IndyDDR community. Again, stay tuned for details.

In the meantime, welcome back to IndyDDR! I really hope you enjoy the new site and will like the changes and improvements that have already been made as well as those still to come. I welcome your comments, questions, suggestions, etc. in the Feedback forum.
Last edited by Ho on Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:45 am

awesome! thanks HO for gettin the site back up... i cant wait for everything to get back into the swing of things full force :D and i wanna see what you are gunna do to the site! keep up the great work!

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:20 am

Wow, it's finally back up and running.

Kinda.

Those limits are a good idea and I hope they do what they are meant to. I'm also interested in seeing how these merit-based ranks are going to work out.

It's all so exciting!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:56 pm

Good thinking!

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:10 pm

How nice for the forums to be back. Hooray!

I really like the ranking idea. It seems like a really great idea in theory. Hopefully it works just as well in practice.

The merit-based rankings seem like a good idea, too. A forum I used to frequent used a system kinda like that. If you made interesting posts and added to conversations well, you received what they called "Karma" from a moderator occasionally. It ranged from -5 to +5, with -5 meaning you make offensive/mean posts and are banned and +5 meaning you're a pretty cool fellow. You also gained certain priviledges as motivation to make good posts, like being able to visit a private forum for +5's and mods only.

Maybe your system works something like that, maybe not. Either way, it should be interesting to see it.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:27 pm

Yes, our system will be quite similar to that. However, ratings will not be granted by moderators only. So our own users will play a role in what is considered good and bad here.

First and foremost, IndyDDR is about community. I'm wanting to try some new things to emphasize and encourage it.

PrototypePacifist
Standard
Standard

Post by PrototypePacifist » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:58 pm

Congrats, Ho! Can't wait to see the whole new site when it's finished. :D

Thanks for getting the forums up, I'm sure everyone appreciates that one a whole lot!

Conor
Light
Light

Post by Conor » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:14 pm

congrats ho.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:35 pm

I'm really, really pleased to see that the goal of the site's redesign is an emphasis on community; I think I share your feelings (well, actually, I know I do) when I say that it's the best part of this group and it's what will keep people coming back for more and more memories as the days go by.

Hopefully that damn Konami company will help us out by throwing in a new mix sometime, too. :P

V
Standard
Standard

Post by V » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:17 am

I am definitely looking forward to seeing the rest of the site and attempting to keep up with the IndyDDR community again...but we'll see :P .

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:06 pm

V wrote:I am definitely looking forward to seeing the rest of the site and attempting to keep up with the IndyDDR community again...but we'll see :P .
Agreed. I would love to see the IndyDDR community grow to become a great place...and to me it already has. Howevery, why stop here?
I would especially love to see the IndyDDR group get back together, even though I hear it isn't entirely dead. From what I'm told, there are small sporatic groups that get together, one specifically being at Rascal's Fun Park on the East side. This one I look forward to joining/returning to...mainly since I live on the East side of Indy.