It seems we lost a day...

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

It seems we lost a day...

Post by Ho » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:31 pm

There appears to have been some kind of a problem at the host for IndyDDR.com. I haven't had an opportunity to check into the details yet, but some of you probably noticed that the site has been unavailable for awhile today.

It's back now (obviously), but everything since around 2 am this morning isn't.

My guess is that a drive went down and they had to restore from a backup. I'll relay any information I find out if I get any.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:12 pm

Im betting this is like the other time, about a month or two ago, when i couldnt get on. You said nothing was wrong...
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:37 pm

At that time nothing seemed to be...

I received your message on DDR Freak, checked the site, and everything was fine. We didn't lose any data then either...at least not that I know of. It may have been an isolated problem that you couldn't get to the site rather than a complete failure that knocked out the site for everyone like today.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:46 pm

who is your host? I hear Godaddy has been having a lot of problems lately...

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:02 pm

If Ho is using Godaddy, I officially revoke my membership and disown all affiliation with this website.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:32 pm

Ho wrote:At that time nothing seemed to be...

I received your message on DDR Freak, checked the site, and everything was fine. We didn't lose any data then either...at least not that I know of. It may have been an isolated problem that you couldn't get to the site rather than a complete failure that knocked out the site for everyone like today.
Well, no. I asked some of my friends on aim if they could get to it, and none of them could.
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:04 pm

IndyDDR's hosting is graciously donated by our very own Atomx. He subbed out some space on his account. To be honest, I'm not really even sure who the parent host is.

What's wrong with GoDaddy?

IndyDDR is not hosted by GoDaddy, but I use it for my personal site. I haven't had any trouble with it at all and it's quite affordable. No complaints. What's your beef with it?

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:36 am

I run a website for *unlisted purposes because people here dissagree with Halo in general* and we host a lot of files on our site. Recently they upgraded their servers giving out free upgrades (whoo hoo) it seemed great at the time but the update did nothing but cause problems for our site. We started getting complaints from people saying that their downloads would stall or never complete at all. I myself tested it and had the same problem. We called up GoDaddy several times and they said nothing was wrong blah blah blah and we even had them try it (and it failed on their part too). They passed it off as a SCRIPTING PROBLEM. We gave him a direct link to a file on the FTP and he said it was a problem with scripting.... and so did his supervisor.

GoDaddy is filled with idiots. We called about 16 times on this issue and none of the "qualified professionals" could assist us with a solution.

I had a membership with them for 16 months and untill that update came around it was great.

I now am hosted by 1and1. It costs $.50 more (a month) for the same deal plus 2 extra domain names. So I figure we did well...

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:02 am

letshavetea wrote:I run a website for *unlisted purposes because people here dissagree with Halo in general*
a halo yaoi fanfic? i didn;t know that could be done!
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:32 am

I've known a couple of other people who've had similar experiences to letshavetea's. Now, I've never used Godaddy myself, however, a few years back when I was looking for a host I did consider them, but ended up going with 1and1 instead. However, in asking around for suggestions for hosts, people's experience with godaddy seemed to be that it either just worked, or they ran into a problem, and godaddy refused to fix it without a massive hassle.

Now, it should also be noted that my previous post was not entirely serious, though I do have a certain distrust of godaddy.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:22 pm

there have been a lot of issues lately with an upgrade that came out in centos with bind on servers where the update script would only update either bind or the libs but not both causing a version mismatch and making servers offline. there's also been a few issues with a recent version of php. i'm sure they fucked up some upgrade to the server i've been dealing with it for like 3 weeks now.
insert code compile execute return