...can almost taste it!

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
-six-

Ready for indyddr

Post by -six- » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:01 pm

I'm ready for indy ddr too myself... I've missed it...

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:22 am

wow... these computers do cache forever...

this screenshot was taken today feb 9th on a WIN 98 computer that i have used before... but it was a LONG time ago... (like.. right after the site went down)

i mean its no big deal... but im just saying that, the page still pops up if i type in http://www.indyddr.com but if i type in indyddr.com or http://www.indyddr.com/forums then itll go to the new site..

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:42 am

Hold down shift and hit reload. That should force it to pull a recent copy. If it still gives you that page, there is a cache somewhere out of your control (likely your ISP) that is very, very broken.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:14 pm

didnt work.... oh well i just have to remember to leave out the WWW. i guess....

when i tried that it just loaded a bunch of different images from that "were starting over picture" (ya know cause it is made up of like 5 different pictures) ... meh oh well thanks for trying

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:44 am

okay.... i just realized that its becasue the computers here are complete crap.... i get stuff like this all the time

its not only on this webiste though... i get it on a lot of forums... its just the whole entirely different webpage thing... that was odd...

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:58 pm

You have been hacked. Major league hacked. It may be spyware; it may be a trojan. You need to fix your computer. My first suggestion would be to use something other than Internet Explorer and see if the problem goes away.

If that fixes it, you need to fun something like Spybot, Ad-Aware, Cleaner, or, failing all those, break out a copy of Hijack This and see if you can find anything amiss.

Personally, I'd write the system off as compromised and blow it away, reformat the hard drive, and reinstall everything. Of course, if you're running WindowsXP, you may have to go beg Bill Gates to use your operating system again.

Make sure you keep up to date on the weekly (if not more often) security patches from Microsoft, especially if you're using IE actively.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:11 am

haha awesome... good thing that only happens at school :P but stuff like that happens on all (or most) of the windows computers here... so i doubt its a trojan... but it wouldnt suprise me if it was though... a lot of the computers ive gone on have given me this problem but... i dunno if thats a trojan or not...

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:53 am

Well, if it's happening only at one site, it may be a very, VERY, VERY broken proxy server (and whoever set it up should be fired, and probably thrown in a stockade for a few days). Either way, something's broken on your end.

That image that replaced the website button is somebody else's avatar. Those certainly don't have the same URL, and anything (be it a browser or caching proxy) that would get confused on that needs to be browbeaten into submission.
A normality test:
+++ATH

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:18 pm

well ive had this happen on multiple computers at school.... all on Windows 98 computers though... never any Macs.... and when i took that latest screenshot it was on the WinXP at school....

ive had the same thing happen on HighImpactHalo.org before too... and some other forums.... but ill talk to someone at school and see whats up...

i was thinkin it was something with the security system on the computers... but what do i know...