Girls of IndyDDR

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed May 17, 2006 2:44 pm

So, you would be the "hot DDR babe" with hairy legs...?

-Dan

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed May 17, 2006 2:46 pm

dance1005 wrote:So, you would be the "hot DDR babe" with hairy legs...?

-Dan
Who was this directed at?

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed May 17, 2006 2:47 pm

Lol I hate it when you decide not to quote some1, and then it ends up being on the next page...it was for Riot, who posted the picture of him and Greentea.

-Dan

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Wed May 17, 2006 3:20 pm

dance1005 wrote:So, you would be the "hot DDR babe" with hairy legs...?

-Dan
I'll shave...promise
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed May 17, 2006 3:59 pm

Chesskid1 wrote:this is a VERY good idea,. I would buy it
FROM BEYOND THE GRAVEEEEEEE
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed May 17, 2006 5:52 pm

I'm the hairiest DDR babe you'll ever meet. I used all my DDR money on one breast implant, I'm working on the other side soon.

Mr. Worm
Standard
Standard

Post by Mr. Worm » Thu May 18, 2006 9:53 pm

The idea of this calendar is so disturbing that I decided to actually come back to these boards and say so.

Seriously, no. Stick to T-shirts and other apparal and merchandise.

First, it would be extremely creepy to have pictures of people that I vague know up on my wall. I'd be comfortable with friends/loved ones and complete strangers.
Second, I've seen some of the DDRers, and they are not too terribly attractive. Sure, a couple may be attractive, some of them are cute, but others are...unappealing.

With that, back in to the shadows with me. Thanks.

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Fri May 19, 2006 12:43 am

Mr. Worm wrote:The idea of this calendar is so disturbing that I decided to actually come back to these boards and say so.

Seriously, no. Stick to T-shirts and other apparal and merchandise.

First, it would be extremely creepy to have pictures of people that I vague know up on my wall. I'd be comfortable with friends/loved ones and complete strangers.

Second, I've seen some of the DDRers, and they are not too terribly attractive. Sure, a couple may be attractive, some of them are cute, but others are...unappealing.

With that, back in to the shadows with me. Thanks.
Ho just threw a suggestive idea out for fun. If the calendar does happen to EVER come out (I still doubt that), it's not like you're going to be forced to buy it. You can stick to t-shirts and other apparel and merchandise. Maybe some people might not like t-shirts and would like calendars. And how many times have you suggested "other" merchandise that a majority of people would like to buy?

Hopefully, you meant to speak for yourself, because then that's fine. People are people, and not everybody you see is going to be attractive, or "cute." I have a lot of friends, and some of them might be "unappealing." Big deal. I'd still post their pictures in my album, in my room, on my computer, whatever. Ok, it's different with a calendar. Then again, you don't have to buy it. Still, it was just an idea. There are a lot of "unappealing" celebrities, but people still buy their pictures. Someone you may not think is appealing might be to another person.

And as for complete strangers, I know just about nobody on these forums, really... so you're telling me about complete strangers? And then calling them unattractive? Be a little bit nice, here.

I made the poll to see how many people were actually serious, and it would only be fundraising anyway, right? Not enough people have really taken the poll to say whether or not the calendar will go through. I know more people would currently not buy the calendar. But, hey, some ideas work out, and some don't.

Not trying to argue, but it just seemed just a tad bit offensive to my opposing, fun-loving attitude. Excuse me, then.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Fri May 19, 2006 2:13 am

Let's pick this apart:
Mr. Worm wrote:The idea of this calendar is so disturbing that I decided to actually come back to these boards and say so.
A good reason to not value your opinion.
Mr. Worm wrote:Seriously, no. Stick to T-shirts and other apparal and merchandise.
I see this as a way to branch out from just T-shirts...which is what its been for many years...
Mr. Worm wrote:First, it would be extremely creepy to have pictures of people that I vague know up on my wall. I'd be comfortable with friends/loved ones and complete strangers.
I think I know what you're saying (though trying to read it...it doesn't make any sense). I don't know any of the puppies on my puppy calender, but I don't care.

Mr. Worm wrote:Second, I've seen some of the DDRers, and they are not too terribly attractive. Sure, a couple may be attractive, some of them are cute, but others are...unappealing.
Who cares if they're attractive? Some will be, some won't. You're not buying one anyway so who cares.

Jeez, heaven forbid people want to have fun.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Fri May 19, 2006 8:43 am

insert code compile execute return

Mr. Worm
Standard
Standard

Post by Mr. Worm » Fri May 19, 2006 10:13 am

TaQa wrote:Let's pick this apart:
A good reason to not value your opinion.
Why not? You don't like an outside opinion?
TaQa wrote:
Mr. Worm wrote:Seriously, no. Stick to T-shirts and other apparal and merchandise.
I see this as a way to branch out from just T-shirts...which is what its been for many years...
I'm all for you IndyDDR expanding its catalogue outside of T-shirts. While the calendar does show some progress, I really wish it would have gone in some other direction.
TaQa wrote:
Mr. Worm wrote:First, it would be extremely creepy to have pictures of people that I vague know up on my wall. I'd be comfortable with friends/loved ones and complete strangers.
I think I know what you're saying (though trying to read it...it doesn't make any sense). I don't know any of the puppies on my puppy calender, but I don't care.
I thought I was clear in that. Hmm. I guess what I mean by that is I would feel like a dirty old stalker having a "Girls of IndyDDR" calendar poster hanging up next to my Miles Davis poster.
TaQa wrote:
Mr. Worm wrote:Second, I've seen some of the DDRers, and they are not too terribly attractive. Sure, a couple may be attractive, some of them are cute, but others are...unappealing.
Who cares if they're attractive? Some will be, some won't. You're not buying one anyway so who cares.

Jeez, heaven forbid people want to have fun.
What? Are you expecting that I'm the only one with this opinion?
I just think it would be stupid to produce a set number of calendars that only few would buy.
Personally, I don't have fun sitting around my calendar oogling the girls. I hang out with friends or surf the 'net.
the gattchoon wrote:I made the poll to see how many people were actually serious, and it would only be fundraising anyway, right? Not enough people have really taken the poll to say whether or not the calendar will go through. I know more people would currently not buy the calendar. But, hey, some ideas work out, and some don't.
I'd be all for fundraising. However, I feel that hosting tournaments and featuring maybe even Paypal donations would be a better way to go.
the gattchoon wrote:And how many times have you suggested "other" merchandise that a majority of people would like to buy?
I'm not really that creative. I just know what the public wants. I'm more of a critic.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri May 19, 2006 10:29 am

Mr. Worm wrote:I thought I was clear in that. Hmm. I guess what I mean by that is I would feel like a dirty old stalker having a "Girls of IndyDDR" calendar poster hanging up next to my Miles Davis poster.

What? Are you expecting that I'm the only one with this opinion?
I just think it would be stupid to produce a set number of calendars that only few would buy.
Personally, I don't have fun sitting around my calendar oogling the girls. I hang out with friends or surf the 'net.
I think you, like several others, have missed the point of this calendar entirely.

How many times and in how many ways can I say this?! Let's try one more...

This is a creative project to take some fun and unique pictures that are themed to this community and these games.

THIS IS NOT INDYDDR GIRLS GONE WILD! :roll:

A calendar is one possible distribution method for these pictures. It was simply the first thing that I thought of when I came up with the idea. I'm sharing, receiving, and forming ideas here. Who knows how this will end up...or if it will even see the light of day. This is the planning phase.
Mr. Worm wrote:I'm not really that creative. I just know what the public wants. I'm more of a critic.
No, you know what you want, and you may critique the idea from your own point of view all you like. The public is another matter. Many have (and I suspect will continue to) weigh in on both sides. I'm not expecting a consensus...just opening up the idea for discussion.
Last edited by Ho on Fri May 19, 2006 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Fri May 19, 2006 10:40 am

Last edited by sam on Fri May 19, 2006 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
insert code compile execute return

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri May 19, 2006 10:42 am

sam wrote:idea!

we have electronic artists on this board, stepmania is gpl, you can do what you want with it.

in the groove uses stepmania with their own skin to make their game. why not indyddr make their own little mix? i'm sure there's tons of freedomain music that can be used as well and you could sell it for like $5. it can't be THAT hard to make a skin for stepmania can it?
Go ahead and present this idea...in another thread. This is way outside the scope of this discussion.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Fri May 19, 2006 10:44 am

Ho wrote:I think you, like several others, have missed the point of this calendar entirely.

How many times and in how many ways can I say this?! Let's try one more...

This is a creative project to take some fun and unique pictures that are themed to this community and these games.

THIS IS NOT INDYDDR GIRLS GONE WILD!
Just playing devil's advocate here a bit: by specifying that only females will be featured in the calendar, aren't you already implying something about the purpose of the calendar? Why only feature girls? I know that I personally would not buy a calendar featuring a bunch of 16-20 year old girls, regardless of any implied sexuality in the poses. Still, I wouldn't have a problem with using it for fund raising activities; it just creeps me out.... a little.