Girls of IndyDDR

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun May 14, 2006 11:20 pm

Pheadra wrote:...
EDIT:
And Ho and I have already spoken, he knows my seriousness towards this project.
'Kay. TY - good to know.

Edit: I recognize you're interested in helping, and I appreciate that - my concern is that the noise level in the thread probably isn't exactly encouraging.

To help the noise level, I'm making a graceful exit now (a couple of pages too late?). Have fun dealing with the "boobies!" crowd - you have my earnest sympathies, whether you want them or not. 8)

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Mon May 15, 2006 12:00 am

I messaged Ho about this, but just wondering if any other girls are interested in this idea...

Regarding pictures and ideas:
Can they be photoshopped? I know that [Ho] would not be able to reach all the girls of IndyDDR (if there are many that are interested and want to be included, e.g. me). Sooo.. instead of [Ho] doing all the work, why not ask for girls to submit pictures of them playing DDR, holding music/rhythm game material and items? Er, that was tangent to the Photoshop idea... but with that, I meant do they all have to be "real-scene" shots? (Like how [Ho's] sample pictures showed her by the machine) Or can they photoshopped in a way... where maybe we can get girls to pose (cute, dancing, etc.) and Photoshop them onto a background like the screen of DDR, where the arrows are going up so it would be a real girl instead of a character like Emi or Alice? Just an idea. I offer to lend a helping hand in that if so. =)

What do you (esp. girls) think? Would you submit pictures of yourself to Ho... while your friends take pictures of you playing DDR or posing on a machine, holding a game or hugging a pad? Or would you take the time to actually design yourself into a nice musical/BeMani-ish background, etc.? Discuss.

Once I unpack my stuff in my house, I'll see if I can whip up some nice potentials... don't know if that will be soon though. =P

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 15, 2006 6:22 am

It's like...you're reading my mind (or perhaps just reading my posts more carefully than some ;))!

Yes, that is precisely the type of thing that I had in mind when I was referring to using graphical as well as physical elements from games. I mean, who wouldn't want to take the place of Emi in Graduation or Alice in Sakura. Or perhaps stand-in for Tran in Rottel the Mercury (no wait, that's just too weird). Maybe hang with Nyami and Mimi? Ride on a pop-kun?

Well, you've got the picture...and hopefully others are now, too. I'd love to have included an example along these lines, but I just wanted to get something out quickly that would hopefully give people some idea of how a picture can be game-themed without the subject necessarily playing the game. Following one of these ideas would have taken a lot more time and effort and I wanted to answer my promise of a sample sooner rather than later.

As for submissions...Sure, it's cool if you want to send a picture in. The tricks are that it would have to be good enough quality to print...so, high resolution. And depending on the content of the picture it may or may not be better to setup and take a specific pose and really control the background and lighting to make any necessary Photoshopping chores easier and end up with a better result.

Of course I'm not going to say that I'm the best photographer for the job. But I do have some experience, and I can take reasonable-length trips, if necessary. Seeing as how I was in Chicago last weekend and Louisville the weekend before, I think it's safe to say that anywhere in Indiana could be considered reasonable. Heck, there's IndyDDR locales that I haven't seen in the six years I've been doing this. A road trip to "meet the locals" doesn't sound like all that bad an idea.
Last edited by Ho on Mon May 15, 2006 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Mon May 15, 2006 7:52 am

>.> <.< I would probably buy one of them just to say I did, or, not buy one and say I did, or buy one and say I didnt or just drop it and say " why would I buy one of those?" :? although.... yea, I'll take one
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Mon May 15, 2006 9:16 am

I would have people take pictures of me and submit them into Ho...but I have no idea what I would do, and nobody else to take my picture. So Ho, if you want me in the calender you should take the photos yourself.

But that is a great idea. lol Someone that looks just like the girl off of cowboy should be doing the dance and do some fancy graphics to look like she just jumped off the screen to play the dance.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Mon May 15, 2006 5:05 pm

I have a girl's name!

Does that count?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon May 15, 2006 5:22 pm

I'm pretty boners for pictures of girls playing IIDX. Looks don't matter as long as their doing the super wailing bonus.

http://superwailingbonus.com/passion06/ ... 8/DSC01312

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Mon May 15, 2006 11:24 pm

Here are some quick examples that I promised. They aren't quality examples, but just ideas (approved by Ho, sent him the message earlier)...

1. Something like this, but of course I need a better picture than this... this was the only pose I found and it was old, so... yes.

2. Again, I'd need better pictures... just an idea. With or without the word in the middle.

3. And without the colorization...

Would you guys see these as potentials in a calendar that Ho is suggesting? Any other girls have pictures/poses they'd like to submit? =D

Discuss more, please. =)

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Tue May 16, 2006 1:30 am

I'd say go with the first pic...without the stepmania background.

Otherwise DJ STATION PRO, DAMN STRAIGHT. Now if those buttons weren't so friggin' hard to press down on...

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue May 16, 2006 4:30 pm

If Pheadra and gattchoon were both in it, I'd buy. BTW, Pheadra, isn't that supposed to be Phaedra? Like Theseus' wife, sister of Ariadne, in Greek mythology?

-Dan

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Tue May 16, 2006 5:50 pm

dance1005 wrote:If Pheadra and gattchoon were both in it, I'd buy.
And have us sign it?

I'm flattered. Pheadra, if this calendar ever goes through, let's get together with Ho and do some autographs. We can be like, official IndyDDR models. Hahaha. =P

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Tue May 16, 2006 8:27 pm

dance1005 wrote:If Pheadra and gattchoon were both in it, I'd buy. BTW, Pheadra, isn't that supposed to be Phaedra? Like Theseus' wife, sister of Ariadne, in Greek mythology?

-Dan
Yes, it should. But awhile back when I signed up on IAM (a different site) Phaedra was taken...so I just switched the e and a. Nobody really knows where the name orginates so they dont give it a second glance...except for you.....which is too bad because now I have to kill you. *le sigh*

And yay! We can be IndyDDR celebs!!!!!
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue May 16, 2006 8:41 pm

*Feels special that he recognized the name*
*Feels sad that he must be killed*
*Feels confused as to why he's writing these weird little asterisk feeling things in 3rd person*

-Dan

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue May 16, 2006 11:42 pm

This is my submission to the calendar. Me and Greentea are pictured.

Chesskid1
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Chesskid1 » Wed May 17, 2006 12:40 am

this is a VERY good idea,. I would buy it