Girls of IndyDDR

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed May 10, 2006 12:41 pm

The response to this (so far) has been a little more lackluster than I would have hoped--mostly on the purchase side. I think it's because you are all cheap bastards! ;)

However, perhaps a wall calendar is not the right format for this audience. Therefore, I am open to alternate forms and methods of distribution--including perhaps some sort of a web layout.

I would really like to do this because I have some fun and interesting photo ideas that I think people would really enjoy (both viewing and posing). And this brings me to my next point...

I had already considered, and it has been brought up to me, that people do not know what to expect from these pictures since there is no precedent for them. Basically, I really want to be creative with them. I want to go beyond simple gameplay pictures... I'm thinking of pictures that incorporate elements (either physical or graphical) related to music games. And I use the term "music games" generically on purpose because I am definitely thinking about more than just DDR.

I'll try to take some test shots to give people an idea of what I'm thinking. I'm hoping that once people get a better idea of where I'm going with this that the interest level will rise (on both sides of the equation).
Last edited by Ho on Wed May 10, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi
Standard
Standard

Post by Chibi » Wed May 10, 2006 1:31 pm

I would do this. Go me.

o look, i posted.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Wed May 10, 2006 3:43 pm

I'd do it, but then nobody would buy the calendars.

Or buy them and commit suicide shortly after. ):

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed May 10, 2006 7:23 pm

Ho wrote:
Arka wrote:I would buy a copy only if it featured a still from the Infamous Cowgirl Routine.
Sadly, you are not at all the first person to suggest I be included under the banner "Girls of IndyDDR." :P
Hey, better you than me. Ditto Mezz's comment about people committing suicide after seeing my image. :P

What are these "fun and interesting photo ideas"?

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed May 10, 2006 8:17 pm

Intermezzo=a girl? I really need to start an a/s/l thread to keep me from getting confused...

-Dan

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Wed May 10, 2006 8:24 pm

dance1005 wrote:Intermezzo=a girl? I really need to start an a/s/l thread to keep me from getting confused...

-Dan
I'm a woman at clubs on weekends. ;)

..yes, I'm a girl. :lol:

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed May 10, 2006 9:06 pm

dance1005 wrote:Intermezzo=a girl? I really need to start an a/s/l thread to keep me from getting confused...

-Dan
Wait... but you knew I was a girl? I'M INSULTED! :shock: :wink:

Edit: after seeing Brian's post in this thread, I'd like to suggest that we ditch the "girls of IndyDDR" calendar idea and instead produce a "Brian Ho in improbable costumes" calendar. :shock: :?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed May 10, 2006 9:15 pm

Thing is, are there really any costumes that would be improbable for me at this point?!

I <3 cosplay!

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed May 10, 2006 9:25 pm

Ho wrote:Thing is, are there really any costumes that would be improbable for me at this point?!
Oh, yeah... point taken. I guess I'd settle for MonMotha in improbable costumes.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Thu May 11, 2006 8:53 am

Intermezzo wrote:I'd do it, but then nobody would buy the calendars.

Hardcore ditto on this one. XD XD XD

I play.
But that doesn't mean that anybody wants to SEE it. XD
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu May 11, 2006 9:17 am

Arka wrote:
Ho wrote:Thing is, are there really any costumes that would be improbable for me at this point?!
Oh, yeah... point taken. I guess I'd settle for MonMotha in improbable costumes.
I'm not really sure how that last link is a costume, but you obviously got the point.
Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:

I play.
I'd like to stress once again that these pictures are not necessarily of girls playing DDR or any other music game. These are pictures that have a DDR or music game theme to them. I think this point is being lost.

If you don't understand the examples I have given earlier, please wait for some sample pictures to give you an idea of the types of pictures I have in mind.
Ho wrote:I had already considered, and it has been brought up to me, that people do not know what to expect from these pictures since there is no precedent for them. Basically, I really want to be creative with them. I want to go beyond simple gameplay pictures... I'm thinking of pictures that incorporate elements (either physical or graphical) related to music games. And I use the term "music games" generically on purpose because I am definitely thinking about more than just DDR.

I'll try to take some test shots to give people an idea of what I'm thinking. I'm hoping that once people get a better idea of where I'm going with this that the interest level will rise (on both sides of the equation).

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Thu May 11, 2006 10:07 am

would you like a picture of me playing guitar hero with the guitar up my bum? i think that's about the most sexual one could get with a game! i'd be more inclined to do IIDX as it's a cooler game but alas I am no goatse :(
insert code compile execute return

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu May 11, 2006 11:17 am

Smartass. -_-

I guess I need to repeat that these pictures are also not meant to be sexual.
Ho wrote:Now before you brand me as some dirty old man, I'm not talking about a swimsuit calendar or a nude calendar. My idea is to make it a music game-themed calendar featuring photos of IndyDDR girls with music game paraphernalia or background imagery.
Of course I'm not against the idea of a "daring" pose...maybe something a little edgy. But I'm definitely targeting no more than a PG-13 rating for any of these. Therefore, certainly nothing overtly sexual.

(Continuing to narrow down my thoughts for everyone until I get a chance to present some test shots.)

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Thu May 11, 2006 10:03 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:

I play.
Hey, now! I've seen your picture, you're pretty! Besides, I'm the ugly one around here - no edging in on my territory. 8)
Ho wrote:
Arka wrote:
I'm not really sure how that last link is a costume, but you obviously got the point.
Well, you see, if I'd left it out one could make the argument that it would be "improbable" to see you in relatively normal clothing.

Or you could take it as an indictment of ties. Either way.

So when are these sample pictures showing up, huh, huh?! :shock: :wink:

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Thu May 11, 2006 11:14 pm

Arka wrote:Hey, now! I've seen your picture, you're pretty! Besides, I'm the ugly one around here - no edging in on my territory. 8)
Post your picture. I bet ten dollars I'm uglier than you.

That's right. I challenge you to an UGLY CONTEST. ):<

ps- before Casey can post.. "you both win"