Girls of IndyDDR

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
trythil
Standard
Standard

Post by trythil » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:13 am

Ho wrote:
trythil wrote:Are you willing to take contributions of finished composites from other people? (Not just source material; the whole thing.)

I've got some ideas that I'd like to work on throwing together if I get the right stuff for it, and can post what those ideas would look like. Maybe I'll poke someone next Tuesday for a pose :P
I certainly won't turn down good stuff...and I know your camera gear is far superior to my own.
The Canon Digital Rebel XT is my dad's, not mine :) I'm saving up for an EOS 20D or something, though.

In any case, here's iteration 1 of what I'm playing around with. Click for HDTV-sized image.

The concept is "big bang of music games". Not much to see right now, but there will be in a bit. (Yeah, it's an ITG2-ish color scheme on DDR arrows. I like the ITG2 color scheme more :P )

Monmotha has sent me the PIU game sprites, and I'll be working those in -- in particular, one thing I want to do is have (whoever poses for this) surfing/standing on the Pump center panel in the center, most likely also surrounded by Pump arrows in a similar explosion pattern.

I'm also interested in (somehow) working in a Pop-kun explosion in the background, and other music games. (IIDX would be neat, though I'm not sure how to pull that off just yet.)

This was done entirely in Inkscape and Blender, with some minor hacks on the source code to get what I wanted. <3 Free Software.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:17 am

I like the idea
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:51 am

i love the idea. HAWT. nice gfx in that thur pic too m8888
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:00 am

Very well done. I'm definitely interested to see more. As soon as I finish the videos from the Louisville tourney, I intend to start getting this project going again.

trythil
Standard
Standard

Post by trythil » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:35 am

Someone pose like that :)

This pose example brought to you by Ludwig. I'll fix the lighting and stuff tomorrow...

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:20 am

Believe it or not, I didn't forget about this. I know I promised an organizational post over a month ago. Well, I'm finally getting around to it.

I went back through the thread and pulled out everyone who had expressed an interest in participating in this project...and sorted into three lists.

Expressed definite interest:
- Pheadra
- Yume
- Chibi
- Juwi bean
- the gattchoon
- craziefairy

Expressed tentative interest:
- V
- blackcat24
- nekoexcel (expressed possible interest off-forum)

Not sure:
- Arka, Intermezzo, Mosh_Mosh_Revolution all challenged each other to an ugly contest. I don't know if this was an off-tangent discussion or if any or all of them were actually interested in the calendar. :P
- x3Mamimi said, "Wooo! Let's do it.", but I was unable to clarify what that comment was in reference to.

So there you have it. And whaddya know...there's actually 13 names up there. And that's not counting the multiple calls for me to participate. :oops:

Anyway...

If you're on the first list, let me know if you have an idea for a game/theme that you'd like to work with.

If you're on the second or third lists, please clarify if you'd like to participate. And if so, then see my request for the first list.

And it's not too late if anyone else wants to join the fray!

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:52 am

Ho wrote:Believe it or not, I didn't forget about this. I know I promised an organizational post over a month ago. Well, I'm finally getting around to it.

I went back through the thread and pulled out everyone who had expressed an interest in participating in this project...and sorted into three lists.

Expressed definite interest:
- Pheadra
- Yume
- Chibi
- Juwi bean
- the gattchoon
- craziefairy

Expressed tentative interest:
- V
- blackcat24
- nekoexcel (expressed possible interest off-forum)

Not sure:
- Arka, Intermezzo, Mosh_Mosh_Revolution all challenged each other to an ugly contest. I don't know if this was an off-tangent discussion or if any or all of them were actually interested in the calendar. :P
- x3Mamimi said, "Wooo! Let's do it.", but I was unable to clarify what that comment was in reference to.

So there you have it. And whaddya know...there's actually 13 names up there. And that's not counting the multiple calls for me to participate. :oops:

Anyway...

If you're on the first list, let me know if you have an idea for a game/theme that you'd like to work with.

If you're on the second or third lists, please clarify if you'd like to participate. And if so, then see my request for the first list.

And it's not too late if anyone else wants to join the fray!

Gee thanks Ho, If I recall correctly I said I wanted to do it. *runs and cries* Its cause I'm REALLY huge now isnt it. :(

Edit:

Page 9 of 13 bottom of the page :(

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:30 pm

You're female?

And I thought MY screenname led to misunderstandings. Heh.

Edit: by the way, sure, I'm game... fair warning, though, I can't imagine why you'd want someone of my build unless you want a picture of someone pitching a PIU machine out the window in disgust. In which case, you're a weirdo. :shock:

Not that that was ever in question. I like you too much to insinuate you're normal. :P

I'll see if I can drop by one of the Tuesday gatherings. I hoped to make the one week before last, but that obviously didn't happen. Here's to my neighbor's children. :D :roll:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:01 am

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Gee thanks Ho, If I recall correctly I said I wanted to do it. *runs and cries* Its cause I'm REALLY huge now isnt it. :(

Edit:

Page 9 of 13 bottom of the page :(
Sorry I missed it. If you have an idea you'd like to explore, please let me know.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:42 pm

Maybe we can work out something on sunday :wink:

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:56 am

I'm interested, but with my work schedule, I would have to find out when we could get together to take pictures...but I'm fairly sure that I can do it, and I want to do it, so I guess we'll figure it out sometime later?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:02 am

this is going to be one of those things where ho asks you to find his dog naked and you end up on oprah
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:43 pm

Potter wrote:this is going to be one of those things where ho asks you to find his dog naked and you end up on oprah
Just another day in the office.

nekoexcel
Beginner
Beginner

Post by nekoexcel » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:16 am

So... is this idea now defunct, or are you still planning on doing it? Because you'd better do so before I move to NY, Brian!
it's hard being a princess, but someone's gotta do it

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:33 am

I'd still be happy to do this, but no one really came back to me with any ideas. But if you have availability between school and rehearsals, I'd be happy to accept your contribution. :)