Girls of IndyDDR

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Sat May 20, 2006 8:13 pm

TaQa wrote:Trudging through all this grime worked up by "Mr. Worm", while I would enjoy rambling on forever pointing out the flaws in his arguments, I'd rather just hit on one thing that was...pretty uncalled for:
Mr. Worm wrote:2) This is an over-exertion of his sexuality. I've seen this before, in Ho and in other people. He wants to confirm his heterosexuality.
(Unless of course, he's a homosexual or bisexual. I have no idea. I've seen the guy like twice, and I've never talked to him.
Yes, a married man of many years needs to confirm his sexuality by producing a calender. He needs to prove to his wonderful wife he is, in fact, loyal to her. And, OH MY GOD! IS THAT HIS WIFE IN ONE OF HIS EXAMPLE PHOTOS? No...couldn't be...

Seriously "Mr. Worm", if you think this is about financial gain, then you obviously don't know Ho. I am 100% positive that any sort of "profit" Ho would be granted would go either straight back into the community, or to charity. All this "Sex sells" bullshit you're trying to pull would be true for a commercial business, but this is not a commercial business. We have shirts that cost Ho the same amount to get as it does any regular member. In other words no profits. Notice how there are no ads on the site? Ho spends lots of time running the site, and money out of pocket to support it.

Please, rant more though. I'm sure you could be doing better things than making this entire community dislike you, but whatever floats your boat.
quoted for truth just wanted to say, if ho has a ddr machine, PIU machine, home versions and console controllers for every bemani game, i doubt he's hurting for money lolz

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat May 20, 2006 9:55 pm

Arka wrote: BTW, some representative photos from a very distant acquaintance of mine showing people in decidedly non-sexual poses (though much of his work, like mine, features non-human subjects). His site doesn't conveniently allow direct links, so click through "Photography\People" for some pertinent ones.
Photo Number 3 in people is especially sexual.

I'd just like to say (to put it bluntly) that basically Mr. Worm is a retard. However, I'm not going to leave that statement unfounded like all of his arguments.

Firstly, he for some reason feels like he "needs" to stop this. It's as if he believes that this innocent fundraising calendar will somehow bring about the collapse of society (and morality) as we know it. ...Right. Wow, that's an odd target to pick for going on a morality rant about. Better watch out if you're planning a pool party, that's basically the end of the world.

I also like his high-and-mighty "Look at me I'm a psychologist" claim about Ho's sexuality. Yeah, I'm sure Ho (married) needs to photograph some pictures of 20-year-old girls and DDR machines and sell them to raise funds for a DDR website in order to assert his manliness to himself and others around him. This is the beginning of a mid-life crisis, next week he'll be getting a sex change. WTF?

And, do you honestly think, that with all the expenses spent for this project (paper, ink, photography equipment, gas for driving places) and even if he uses 50% of the money for fundraising, that Ho would make any money off of it? Hell, even if it SUCKS, now I'm going to buy it just for the principle of it. Even if it's horrible and I will end up throwing it in the trash.

So, how about next time, you take two seconds to think about what you're saying instead of spouting random bullshit from that smart-ass mouth of yours?

-Dan

P.S. And look over your posts for a few seconds, an argument can really be undermined by retarded typos and spelling/grammatical errors.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Sun May 21, 2006 4:27 pm

I love how Mr. Worm made all these incorrect assumptions about Ho and whatnot, and just made himself look like a giant jackass in doing so. Seriously, we're not putting out a Playboy IndyDDR edition (If this happened, I would throw up). I get the feeling that Mr. Worm was one of the people who wanted all the Solo 2000 machines to be removed because of their "deviant content" or whatever description was used.

Also, if Casey's idea is followed, I'd be much more inclined to buy the calander.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun May 21, 2006 5:05 pm

mexican ninja wrote:I love how Mr. Worm made all these incorrect assumptions about Ho and whatnot, and just made himself look like a giant jackass in doing so. Seriously, we're not putting out a Playboy IndyDDR edition (If this happened, I would throw up). I get the feeling that Mr. Worm was one of the people who wanted all the Solo 2000 machines to be removed because of their "deviant content" or whatever description was used.

Also, if Casey's idea is followed, I'd be much more inclined to buy the calander.
God help us if he ever gets a look at La Ba Loo Be Ra or w/e it's called (the booby song in PIU).

-Dan

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun May 21, 2006 5:31 pm

Ok we can stop laying into mr. worm, it's gotten old.
You don't have to buy the calendar if you don't want to, but you don't have to try to stop everyone else. This isn't directed solely at Worm either, there's been a number of people that have spoken out against it. It's your money to spend, if you don't like it don't buy it.

To stay on topic, Casey's idea is a good one. We don't necessarily have to have "groups"(or cliques or whatever you want to assosciate with that term) of players, just players from that arcade. You could have a different arcade on each page, and have the day of the photoshoot announced way ahead of time so anyone who wants to show up and be featured will be all fine and dandy, teehee.

If this looks good I'll buy it. I suggest also having the hi res photos on a disc that can be sold with the calander or seperately so that you can put it on your desktop. I doubt someone will try to steal the disc and make their own, but there might have to be some precautions? I dont know. Bad idea.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun May 21, 2006 7:24 pm

I just want to know why girls = sex in his mind. :evil:

But yeah, I guess my chances of ever finding that out are dwindling by the minute.

Anyway, I'd go for the arcade-by-arcade thing, though this again sounds like a separate project. The only problem would be deciding which arcade to go with myself... hmm.

Let there be a proliferation of photo project threads in Conversation Cornucopia!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun May 21, 2006 7:51 pm

With regard to Casey's idea, he PMed me the following:
CaseyDidder wrote:seems alot of people are wanting to do my idea, which I'd be alot more inclined to buy a calander also if it was groups of indyddr or group photos of different machine locations.

I don't think it'd be that hard to get photos.
This was my response (quoted here because it adds to the general discussion):

Like I said, it's a good idea. I'm not denying that. It's just a completely different idea. If I or someone else does it, it would be in addition to, not in replacement of my original idea. I'm really wanting to do a more creative project whereas your idea is much more like stuff that can already be found in the photo archives--only more organized.

The pictures for your idea would be much easier to shoot and process. The problem is organizing people. It's hard just to get people to show up in the Gettin' Together forum. In all of the creative projects I've been a part of, simply getting people to show up has been the most challenging part, and your idea requires organizing many more people than mine. That was one of the reasons I was targeting individual shots in my idea--it's simply easier to get one person (at a time) to show up than many.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun May 21, 2006 10:15 pm

Here's a couple more test shots I put together today...

Please consider these for concept only! I realize that the Photoshopping job isn't perfect. The lighting is so-so, the blending isn't convincing, and the graphical layers are not high quality (though I do like a certain amount of pixelization to denote that they are of video game origin). But that's why these are test shots! ;)

I threw these together in about a half hour's time. For a final product I would take considerably longer and scrutinize every last pixel. So please keep this in mind as you're forming opinions about them. These are just so you have an idea of what I consider to be "unique, creative, and fun" (since the concept seems to be lost on some people).

P.S. -
"WE LOVE POP'N MUSIC!"
(and scones)
Last edited by Ho on Mon May 22, 2006 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Sun May 21, 2006 10:26 pm

Defitnitly what I was thinking. The only thing is...with her all being happy or whatever...looks like an advertisment for pop'n ya know?
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 22, 2006 8:57 am

Pheadra wrote:Defitnitly what I was thinking. The only thing is...with her all being happy or whatever...looks like an advertisment for pop'n ya know?
If you think she looks happy, I got what I was going for. This is supposed to look like fun!

As for the commercial advertising feel, I'm not sure how to respond. I'm certainly not going for an endorsement or anything. But if it looks like so much fun that you want to play the game or be a part of the action being portrayed...is that a bad thing?

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Mon May 22, 2006 10:16 am

Ho wrote:
malictus wrote:I know that I personally would not buy a calendar featuring a bunch of 16-20 year old girls, regardless of any implied sexuality in the poses.
Neither you nor I really fits the general IndyDDR demographic. ;)
You have a point there :lol:
I just wanted to chime in to say that I don't have any 'moral' objections to this thing -- that's just being silly. I just wouldn't necessarily be interested in it myself...

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Tue May 23, 2006 11:50 am

I would buy a calender that had almost anyting on it asuming it is DDr IndyDDR realted.
Warning incoming game!

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Tue May 23, 2006 1:44 pm

Ho wrote:
Pheadra wrote:Defitnitly what I was thinking. The only thing is...with her all being happy or whatever...looks like an advertisment for pop'n ya know?
If you think she looks happy, I got what I was going for. This is supposed to look like fun!

As for the commercial advertising feel, I'm not sure how to respond. I'm certainly not going for an endorsement or anything. But if it looks like so much fun that you want to play the game or be a part of the action being portrayed...is that a bad thing?
No I dont think it is such a bad thing. I really like where it is going though.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Thu May 25, 2006 2:01 am

Ah, yes! Samples!!! =)

I really love it, since it doesn't really focus on one or the other, the person or the game aspect... well maybe the game, but I say so because since the graphics of the game are a little pixelated, it kind of evens it out. You know?

Well, my opinion of it is, I love it! It really displays a fun-loving attitude... great for the calendar! It's a good example because it's very colorful (oh, I loveeeee color! XD!) and there isn't a wasted space in the picture. Every part of the picture is fun to look at.

It also displays a "normal" aspect. As in... normal clothes, everyday wear, you know? Nothing very special, which I like because it doesn't make it seem like we want to be supermodels or that we're a competitive community.

Ah, I would love to see more. =)

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Sat May 27, 2006 6:55 pm

I'm all for it. maybe I can dig up some prepregnancy photo's and have some photoshop fun.