No news...but good news

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

No news...but good news

Post by Ho » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:01 pm

I'm really glad to see that there's still some interest out there. It's been a joy to see some familiar usernames post comments in the previous news thread. Actually, I'm really kind of curious how the word is spreading that anything at all is happening here.

I'm really getting excited about getting this place up and running again...so much so that I actually ended up burning the midnight oil with MonMotha last night working on getting some of the new features in place. However, I was retaught an important lesson about handling code while tired. (Well, I'm pretty much a hack...so I should take caution in handling code at all. :P)

We ran into a few issues last night that need to be worked out, not the least of which was a good hour-long debug to find that I was overzealous in commenting our code modifications. It figures I'd get burned for actually attempting to follow good programming practices.

Anyway, I ended up staying up much too late and I was already tetering on the brink of getting sick. As a result, I felt generally lousy today. So I think I'm going to forego further progress tonight in favor of some much needed rest. Hopefully I'll be fresher and more productive tomorrow.

In the meantime, some of you may be interested in some of my broader thoughts about IndyDDR's past, present, and future that I've documented in my LiveJournal. It may help answer some questions that I've heard circulating about while IndyDDR has been absent.

Re: No news...but good news

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:15 pm

Ho wrote:Actually, I'm really kind of curious how the word is spreading that anything at all is happening here.
I found out from Merk posting about it over here. It seems that people are still interested and checked back, then the word spread through this wonderful and crazy invention known as the internet.

LikeableRodent

oops

Post by LikeableRodent » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:16 pm

Oh snap, I forgot my username.

Sam

Post by Sam » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:47 am

urmom.

cool site if you need help i can help ya...i do webhosting tech support so this is all i do all day everyday :x

Pumeleon

Post by Pumeleon » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:18 pm

Finally, some progress that can be quantified. Quantified only as AWESOME.

And I'm typing this as BOOM BOOM DOLLAR (K.O.G G3 mix) comes on on my radio station, so the awesome is multiplied. By... I don't know... Awesome Squared.

Therefore : IndyDDR + X = awesome * awesome ^2

solve for x.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:21 pm

So whats the E.T. on have IndyDDR back up and running? Im curious to see who comes back, and if they do come back, if they approach topics with a different attitude.

ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:08 pm

beware the "END"

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:48 pm

ThatGuy wrote:beware the "END"
People are going to interpret that all wrong... :P

But at least MonMotha and I will find it funny.

djfooboo

Post by djfooboo » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:27 pm

This is bull... Ho gets a higher post count right out of the gate /sarcasm :roll:

Loss Oul

Post by Loss Oul » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:22 am

We love ya Brian! ^_~ IndyDDR: It isn't just for Indiana anymore..LoL

Letshavetea

Post by Letshavetea » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:16 am

i have had indyddr as my homepage forever.. and i didnt change that when the site went down...

i cant belive that i havent noticed the new site though... wow.. oh well

GOOD LUCK HO!

SoDeepPolaris

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:51 pm

I'm glad that the site is looking towards complete.

It's lookin' awesome Ho, great job so far.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:44 pm

Ho wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:beware the "END"
People are going to interpret that all wrong... :P

But at least MonMotha and I will find it funny.
END as in with BASIC?....