[X-Stomp] PIU Exceed 2 tourney - 8/6 1 pm - X-Site

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

Post by Ray_Clark » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:35 am

will be there 2 be a spectator. Just 2 c how this tourney turns out. never been to something like this.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:43 pm

Why not enter? It's not too expensive, and everyone who enters has a chance to win a prize.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:59 am

I just want to take a moment to encourage people to review the rules. I made a couple of minor changes last week and this morning. Nothing drastic, I simply added some provisions to deal with some of the finer points including:

- What to do if one or both entrants are not present at the time of their match
- What to do in the event of an auto-fail (which should only happen if both players stop playing altogether)
- Stating that entrants must be present for the drawing in order to win a prize

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

Post by Ray_Clark » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:45 am

Ho wrote:Why not enter? It's not too expensive, and everyone who enters has a chance to win a prize.

never played pump it up b4. Don't know any songs. I might give it a try though. but its very doubtful due too lack of experience of the game.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:10 pm

Ho wrote:...and everyone who enters has a chance to win a prize.
Pump is new in this area, and that's why I've specifically structured this tournament to try and make it fun for people of all skill levels--even those who have never played before at all.

If you're coming out anyway, I'd definitely encourage you to participate. I'm doing my best to make it a fun event for all, and the better participation we get will make future events more likely and and justify expansion.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:10 pm

I have only played a small hand full of time and i will be going. This isnt about the tourney it is more for the Social aspect for me. Also i hope the song GO! isnt to hard to FS to.
Warning incoming game!

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:30 pm

i <3 the song Go!, I also like Deja Vu and Greenhorn....iuno, i think they're pretty songs...so what if I like K-pop?

But yeah Ray, even though people who've played a lot like Ho, MonMotha and myself will be there, we'd enjoy it much more to see new people playing the game.

And really, the only one who has actually had almost ANY freestyle experience on Pump is probably Ho, yet I'm gonna try and Freestyle too, so comon, if you're going to be there, it's only 5 dollars, why not try it out? Plus it gets you into the raffle drawing anyways.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:16 am

Yeah i wont be alone in the FS! Just please dont play GO! cause I am.
Warning incoming game!

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

Post by Ray_Clark » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:22 am

hmmmm...well I guess I can give it a shot. What do I have 2 lose? I bet it will be fun. :)

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:34 am

Bionix wrote:Yeah i wont be alone in the FS! Just please dont play GO! cause I am.
Go! has some potential as a freestyle, if you can figure out what to do with the freezes in the chorus, and if you're good at filling up some blank space. The arrow count is pretty small. I wish you the best luck!!

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:20 pm

I have some ideas but for once i litteraly cant practice at all cause of the lack of PIU near me. But GO! and Mr.Larpus are my 2 fav songs on thier so if i get to round 2 i will probably play Mr. Larpus or Dr.M I love that song too.
Warning incoming game!

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:36 pm

Bionix wrote:I have some ideas but for once i litteraly cant practice at all cause of the lack of PIU near me. But GO! and Mr.Larpus are my 2 fav songs on thier so if i get to round 2 i will probably play Mr. Larpus or Dr.M I love that song too.
Larpus and Dr. M are hard as nails. Remember, failing the song will lose you crowd momentum...

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:20 pm

Thats asuming i get to round 2. Right now i am gonna worry about GO!.
Warning incoming game!

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:01 am

The tourney was one hell of a good time. I wanted to thank Brian for holding the event, and everyone else for showing us one hell of a time!

I can't wait for those pics and vids to come up :-D

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:00 am

It was great seeing you guys, you missed some awesome IHopping(is this a word) action afterwards with the best waitress evar. Hopefully you guys will come up again sometime.