Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: dónde
Contact:

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Let us not forget the folly of hubris. Like the tragedy of the self-exalted Icarus, our father will watch our wings melt off our backs, and the sea will cradle us as we descend into a black abyss.
My Traeger doesn't have a hubris setting...
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8120
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Merk » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:51 pm

Say what you will about me and follies, but "Baron of the Bemani Bordello" is one hell of a creative name for an event such as this.
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8120
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Merk » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Hey I apologize about the whole chicken wing thing, at the time I did not believe that it would end up being a huge deal.
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8120
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:08 am

Am I still the reigning champion or do we need to have another contest to see who the Baron of the Bemani Bordello is? With all the new games and shit I have a feeling that I would be ousted.
Image

User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5631
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:09 am

We could probably do this at some point. I know we tried to have a followup at another event, but we never actually did it. I mean, we had the event, but we didn't do the bordello contest.
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8120
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:56 pm

I feel like it's hard to piggyback a Baron event on top of another event, ya know? There's always just so much going on at the Bordello at all times that it's easy to get distracted. If we're going to do this it sort of has to be its own thing.
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8120
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Merk » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:30 am

You know I'm pretty sure I'd lose my precious Baron title when/if we do this event again. Depending on who shows up I think the individual game top 3 would go:

Beet: Daniel / Merk / Amp
Drummania: Merk / Daniel / Ho
Poop'n: Daniel / Amp / ....MonMotha?
Pump: Daniel / MonMotha / Ho (obviously JDread would win but he probably wouldn't show)
DDR: Daniel / Merk / Ho
Technika: Daniel / Ho / MonMotha (maybe Chad???)
Jubeat: No idea, probably Daniel / Ho / whoever else actually plays this game
Voltex: Ho / Daniel / Merk
Daytona: MonMotha / Ho / Merk
Irritating Maze: Ho / MonMotha / some rando
Pac-Man: Merk / Ho / Brandon
Flash Beats: Tim / Ho / Chad
Chicken wing eating contest: Merk / Tim / some rando
Image

User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5631
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Ho » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:09 pm

Daniel will crush me on SDVX.

You really think you've got Pac-Man?
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8120
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Merk » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:54 pm

Yes, yes I am confident in my Pac
Image

User avatar
Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2917
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:11 pm

Merk wrote:You know I'm pretty sure I'd lose my precious Baron title when/if we do this event again. Depending on who shows up I think the individual game top 3 would go:

Beet: Daniel / Merk / Amp
Drummania: Merk / Daniel / Ho
Poop'n: Daniel / Amp / ....MonMotha?
Pump: Daniel / MonMotha / Ho (obviously JDread would win but he probably wouldn't show)
DDR: Daniel / Merk / Ho
Technika: Daniel / Ho / MonMotha (maybe Chad???)
Jubeat: No idea, probably Daniel / Ho / whoever else actually plays this game
Voltex: Ho / Daniel / Merk
Daytona: MonMotha / Ho / Merk
Irritating Maze: Ho / MonMotha / some rando
Pac-Man: Merk / Ho / Brandon
Flash Beats: Tim / Ho / Chad
Chicken wing eating contest: Merk / Tim / some rando
Merk, it's pretty apparent that you forgot about the fact that I don't actively play anymore so chances are I wouldn't place at all in anything except maybe jubeat.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!
Merk wrote:Potter if Citizens United actually gets overturned and not replaced by some equally awful legislation I will suck your dick and take a bunch of selfie snaps whilst doing so.

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8120
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:10 pm

This shit is like riding a bike you're still better than pretty much everyone at Beet and Pop'n because God damn no one plays those games.
Image

User avatar
Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2917
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:12 pm

Merk wrote:This shit is like riding a bike you're still better than pretty much everyone at Beet and Pop'n because God damn no one plays those games.
Normally I would agree with you but as Jizzon, Ho, and several others have seen firsthand the wear and tear I have put my body through is at the point where after doing some yardwork I am unable to move a joystick to the left twice in rapid succession without great difficulty. I am currently in the midst of getting these matters fixed now that I have a decent job and good insurance, but the truth of the matter is that it will probably take a while for me to be able to regain the motor skills required to play well without issues the day after. I will also openly admit that I consider my decision to shift away from most rhythm gaming to be a good one as my quality of life has vastly improved as a result.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!
Merk wrote:Potter if Citizens United actually gets overturned and not replaced by some equally awful legislation I will suck your dick and take a bunch of selfie snaps whilst doing so.

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8120
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Merk » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:15 am

Amp do you think that you are better than Riot at IIDX in your current state?
Image

User avatar
Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2917
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:52 pm

Merk wrote:Amp do you think that you are better than Riot at IIDX in your current state?
I honestly don't know as the last time I actually did some serious gameplay was Gencon 2012 and even then I was more focused on DJ Max Technika 3.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!
Merk wrote:Potter if Citizens United actually gets overturned and not replaced by some equally awful legislation I will suck your dick and take a bunch of selfie snaps whilst doing so.

User avatar
Riot
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 5346
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Riot » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:15 am

Alright, guess I'm better than Amp! Woohoo!
Image

Post Reply