Daniel - 11
Merk - 10
MonMotha - 9
Amp - 8
Ho - 6
WhiteDragon - 2
Fluffy - 1
Some random dude - 1
I'm just glad I beat that asshole Fluffy. God, what a jerk...
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:51 am

I'm the worstmani of bemani.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Briaaaaan, here is why I think you don't like competition:

[*] You don't like DDR tech tournaments
[*] You don't appear to have a desire to get better at music games once you reach a certain level
[*] You don't host any sort of gentlemanly bemani competition despite having the means to do so
[*] You don't enjoy Street Fighter
[*] You don't play any sort of sport even act the most casual of level
[*] You don't playfully talk smack and crack wise

I haven't the faintest idea on how to use phpBB's "List" feature whenever I post. Regardless, I can't wait to have this event take place, win it, and then suggest that we all hit up a KFC buffet. If there is no KFC buffet, then we'll have to roadtrip out to the Indiana Live! buffet that Brian raves about. I hope you have gas.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:28 pm

You don't playfully talk smack and crack wise (whatever that is)
I dunno about that one. He's called me a wuss in at least 100 different ways over the years.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
You don't playfully talk smack and crack wise (whatever that is)
I dunno about that one. He's called a wuss in at least 100 different ways over the years.
Lovin' this Freudian typo.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:53 pm

Merk wrote:Briaaaaan, here is why I think you don't like competition:

[*] You don't like DDR tech tournaments
[*] You don't appear to have a desire to get better at music games once you reach a certain level
[*] You don't host any sort of gentlemanly bemani competition despite having the means to do so
[*] You don't enjoy Street Fighter
[*] You don't play any sort of sport even act the most casual of level
[*] You don't playfully talk smack and crack wise

I haven't the faintest idea on how to use phpBB's "List" feature whenever I post. Regardless, I can't wait to have this event take place, win it, and then suggest that we all hit up a KFC buffet. If there is no KFC buffet, then we'll have to roadtrip out to the Indiana Live! buffet that Brian raves about. I hope you have gas.
I'll respond to your bullets...
  • I don't like them because they're boring.
  • That is somewhat true. Mostly I just don't make the time to get any better because there's 57834089034578 other things I could be doing and there's already stuff on the list that have been neglected a lot longer. So it's not that I don't have a desire, I just desire to do other things more.
  • I have. I just haven't put any effort into doing so in a long time. But I did say I'd host this little thing, didn't I?
  • True. I'm a Mortal Kombat kind of guy.
  • I was on the company softball team a couple years back. Lissa chipped one of my teeth playing 2-on-2 basketball. I was on the wrestling team in junior high school. But more than anything, Marching Band is the ONLY true sport...and I did that for 4 years. :)
  • I don't talk smack?! I get in trouble because people don't realize I'm kidding. And I've given both you and Chad (as he noted) the textual beat down on this very forum--many a time. ;)
You got the list almost right. You just need to put list tags around the list itself and then it will come up with nice bullets and the indents will be all spiffy, too.

I think this event sounds fun. I like any tournament that is different and interesting. And I like freestyle tournaments because they are an entertaining show in and of themselves. The standard PA tourney is just so played out at this point and you can pretty much pick the top 3 before it even starts. Anything that shakes things up a bit and makes the rest of us feel like we have some sort of a chance of being remotely competitive is good...even if the results end up the same as the aforementioned standard PA tourney.

Oh man...Indiana Live! I <3 that place. If only it didn't smell like the bottom of an ashtray it'd be almost perfect. But yes, the buffet is the stuff a fatty such as yourself dreams about. (how's that for some smack?)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:59 pm

I've actually had plenty of people get mad or frustrated with me because citing that I'm *too* competitive and/or try to turn everything into a contest. Also, I have become an achievement whore.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:37 am

I don't think I have ever seen you do anything competitive ever other than participate in a tech tournament or two in Fort Wayne like 9 years ago.

We should have an indyDDR basketball event. I can get winded and miss every shot, Chad can get really really pissed off for some minute reason, Brandon can talk about why basketball sucks the entire time, Tim can awkwardly rub up on people, Ho can get his tooth chipped, Riot can not show up because he hates basketball, Matt "The X" will run circles around us, and TaQa will try to play well but he'll be ineffectual because of his height. It'd be awesome.

Brian I still don't think you've talked any smack and anyone who gets legitimately upset over your competitiveness is probably way too uptight. I don't know if calling me a fatty could be considered smack if I refer to myself as a fatty at literally every opportunity.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:59 am

Hey so do you want to hang out this weekend and maybe do this? I think I'll be in town on Saturday.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:12 pm

Merk wrote:Well, Brian, would this be something you'd be interested in holding sometime mid July? You're gone early July and we'll be gone the last week of July.
Ho wrote:Interested? Sure.

I can't commit to right now though. My schedule has been packed pretty solid lately and I'm still admiring the current emptiness of that particular timeframe. Give me a little bit to decide if I'm going to be burned out or still raring to go by then and I'll make a call.
I really can't commit to this weekend because it's the last weekend I have before USPF. I've gotta be working on a freestyle routine so I can represent OUR ENTIRE NATION. But the mid-July idea is still a possibility.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Hey Brian do you want to hang out this weekend and let me play your video games at your house with Chad or something?

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:18 pm

I'll be the random dude so that I can play Fluffy to see who gets last place & get that rematch on Hold the Line Full.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:19 pm

ImuyumI wrote:I'll be the random dude so that I can play Fluffy to see who gets last place & get that rematch on Hold the Line Full.
I will gladly put real money down to see this rematch

Do we have a Youtube of this?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Merk wrote:
ImuyumI wrote:I'll be the random dude so that I can play Fluffy to see who gets last place & get that rematch on Hold the Line Full.
I will gladly put real money down to see this rematch

Do we have a Youtube of this?
http://media.rhythmatic.net/index.php?d ... 0Division/

Pump scoring is stupid.