Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Baron of the Bemani Bordello: July 23rd is a gogogogo

Post by Merk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:34 am

Let's talk about those wings since we're on the subject. What really surprised me was that they were uncut - the leg and flat sections of the wing had not been separated like you would see in your standard wing eatery. I asked the chef why they weren't cut and they replied, "Well you're going to separate them anyway when you eat them so why cut them?"

I really, really, really wanted to say, "Well shit why bother slicing a pizza if you're going to tear pieces off when you chew on it?!" but I figured that would be provocation for an argument not worth having at an inappropriate time. But now that I have time to reflect on it, I still stand by the fact that wings should always be cut since it leads to cleaner eating, better sauce application, and you can best utilize the wing tips for some fancy chicken stock.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:01 am

Merk, you lazy m-er f-er. I didn't see you upstairs cooking two pots of chili, 60 wings, and 2 huge trays of potatoes. Quit your bitching.

And based on the previous posts, I don't see how we were "on the subject." You just wanted to let loose your white whine.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:26 am

But do you agree that wings should be cut? I'm grateful for the food - just bringing up a conversation I had and the rebuttals I oh so wish I could have given. If the chef had said, "They weren't cut because boy howdy there aren't enough hours in a day!" then whatevs that's understandable end of story. The reason I was given is the motivating factor for me to slither away to my computer corner and make impotent rage posts about it on my little message boards.

It's sort of like when I ask someone who I have never said a word to before why they can't eat bread and they reply with a "Yeah I'm on a gluten-free diet. Google it." I'm going to say your diet is dumb, you're fat, and there are better ways to not be fat since you're being all passive aggressive about why you can't eat bread. If that person said, "Yeah I'm on a gluten-free diet because I have a disease where I die if I eat bread." then I'd be sympathetic and wish them the best of luck.

You're obviously not going to see eye to eye with me on this, Brian, but I'll reason with you on this before you handwave this off as "Oh that Merk is just being a jerk!"
white whine
Racist as hell.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:44 am

Merk, I invite you to my home, my girlfriend cooks food for you to eat, and you complain about it. You come across as an ungrateful asshole and make me hesitant to want to have you back.

Do you want me to not like you? Is this your goal? You are doing a good job so far. My opinion of you has plunged 30 points in the last week.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:52 am

Brian I'm sorry I'm a jerk and you're right I should have more respect for everyone's differences.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:11 am

I know a certain rabbit that has some advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oArDFU_IESQ

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:42 am

Oh my God, the wings were delicious and I ate them and Brian even has a picture of me eating one they were good what the fuck I enjoyed them and I thanked the chef like 6 times and offered to clean up and suck Brian's peen what more do you want from me oh my God.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:37 pm

Merk wrote:Oh my God, the wings were delicious and I ate them and Brian even has a picture of me eating one they were good what the fuck I enjoyed them and I thanked the chef like 6 times and offered to clean up and suck Brian's peen what more do you want from me oh my God.
Real men eat the whole wing, bone and all.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:39 pm

I have done that before and I tend to bite the edges of the bone off to get those last little bits of meat when I eat wings normally. Thank god I haven't gotten any splinters yet!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:29 am

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:21 am

Since this will probably never happen again let me just say how honored I am to be the first and only Baron of the Bemani Bordello.

belindashort
Light
Light

Post by belindashort » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Bitch all you want about the wings. If you don't like em that way, don't eat em =) I make them the way I like them for a reason, because I like them that way. It doesn't take any more logic than that =)

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:21 pm

this whole topic makes me hungry for belinda's wings. = /

Must have some when I come do floor work in March.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:38 am

Let us not forget the folly of hubris. Like the tragedy of the self-exalted Icarus, our father will watch our wings melt off our backs, and the sea will cradle us as we descend into a black abyss.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Let us not forget the folly of hubris. Like the tragedy of the self-exalted Icarus, our father will watch our wings melt off our backs, and the sea will cradle us as we descend into a black abyss.
My Traeger doesn't have a hubris setting...
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.