Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Re: Fort Rapids 4 - June 26-27 Columbus, OH

Post by Glarthob » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:12 am

i'm going to win
Fluffyumpkins wrote:I love r23 so much. Playing custom songs has made DDR new and exciting.

BLACK.tyler
Light
Light

Post by BLACK.tyler » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:11 am

I really want to go to this but I'm not sure if I'll be able to or not. I think I wanna try and go to the Noblesville tournament in May, and if my car can get me up there and back, I should be able to go to this too. I don't know. I'll keep you guys updated, though.

Of course, if I DO go, that means I'll have to start practicing...blegh...officials...

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:17 pm

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Riot,

It's apparent to me that you are attempting to exaggerate a claim that does not exist. No where in this thread does anyone hint that this is a highly competitive tournament for skilled players. For all intents and purposes it's just a giant community get together. OH LOL I GET IT, ITG is for serious players, we only play for score, and heck we are better than everyone else at life. I don't even know where these stereotypes come from because all video games (yes even happy rainbow sunshine, flowers and bunnies extreme anime mix) have communities with pissy attitudes and huge egos. A portion of the community comes here to talk about dance games, another portion comes to reminisce with long time buddies, some to post lols or read about lols. I don't know why you do though. The video you posted is stupid, irrelevant, and most of all unfunny. The chick is kinda cute though so I'll give you props for that one.

Plz be more like Merk/Fluffly.

Seriousfully,

Dave101

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:39 pm

DAVE101 wrote:Riot,

It's apparent to me that you are attempting to exaggerate a claim that does not exist. No where in this thread does anyone hint that this is a highly competitive tournament for skilled players. For all intents and purposes it's just a giant community get together. OH LOL I GET IT, ITG is for serious players, we only play for score, and heck we are better than everyone else at life. I don't even know where these stereotypes come from because all video games (yes even happy rainbow sunshine, flowers and bunnies extreme anime mix) have communities with pissy attitudes and huge egos. A portion of the community comes here to talk about dance games, another portion comes to reminisce with long time buddies, some to post lols or read about lols. I don't know why you do though. The video you posted is stupid, irrelevant, and most of all unfunny. The chick is kinda cute though so I'll give you props for that one.

Plz be more like Merk/Fluffly.

Seriousfully,

Dave101
You assume that I cared enough to read the thread and respond to it. In reality, somebody posted that video on a different forum and I decided "what other place can I use this to make people mad," and the ITG forum immediately sprang to mind. It seems my effort was successful. If you don't know where the stereotypes you speak of arise from, go look at the brag board and half the other threads the ITG kiddos post in. Don't hate the game, hate the playaz.

BEASTIN,

Riot

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Riot wrote: In reality, somebody posted that video on a different forum...
Figured as much
Riot wrote: If you don't know where the stereotypes you speak of arise from, go look at the brag board and half the other threads the ITG kiddos post in
I don't see anything there except superb scores!

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Tue May 18, 2010 10:55 am

Dave / Chris: You're both welcome to ride with me to FR4, but be ready to stay for about 5 days. There's a Cedar Point trip planned after the tournament that I'd really like to be a part of, so if you're not wantin to poop with the big boys then you can poop your way back home after the finals in your own vehicular.
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Gosh dang it I've got a thing that monday and already made plans to go the week after.

BTW Cedar Point is like a kiddy park now.

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Post by Glarthob » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:19 pm

I would just like to point out that I qualified 22 out of 68 contestants.
And I placed 17th. ( with like 5 others )
Fluffyumpkins wrote:I love r23 so much. Playing custom songs has made DDR new and exciting.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:58 am

68 players is pretty god damn big for a dancing game tournament!

Sorry you didn't get farther, there must have been some really fucking good people there if you only placed 17th. I'm guessing most matches were won by a margin of a percent?

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:52 pm

On the way back from the tournament we got owned by this storm, here I got a screenshot:

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:00 pm

Yep we had some crazy storms over the weekend! Driving in that shit on Sunday was no fun at all

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Post by Glarthob » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Merk wrote: Sorry you didn't get farther, there must have been some really fucking good people there if you only placed 17th.
you must think im good for some reason

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:29 pm

I appreciate your modesty but yes, you're better than the average player!

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Post by Glarthob » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:41 pm

I hate when people say im good at this game, that wont motivate me to do anything

id rather someone say "u suck u cumsick puke. u'll never get good at this game"