Xscape Indoor Amuesement Center
3919 Lafayette Rd, Indianapolis, IN

(backside of the Lafayette Square Mall)

Facebook Event

Doors open: 10:00am
Tournament starts: 11:00am

Entry fee: $20

This includes:
* admission fee to either tech or freestyle division (add $5 for entry to both)
* all you can eat buffet
* $10 XScape game card

TECH TOURNAMENT:

Tournament will be:
* Randomly seeded
* Double elimination
* Best 2 out of 3
* Both winners and losers finals, as well as the grand finals, will be nightmare charts. All other rounds will be crazy.

-Two players will do a coin toss. Winner chooses to either pick sides, or pick first song. Tiebreaker round songs will be chosen at random.

-Championship songs (winner's bracket, loser's bracket) will be chosen at random.

-Call to action:
Two entrants will be called to the stage at the beginning of each match. If one entrant does not report to the stage within one minute, the match will be skipped and the tournament will continue with the next match in the round. The entrant who was not present when called will have until the end of the current tournament round to report with his/her competitor to play the match. At such time that both entrants are present, their match will commence immediately following whatever match is in progress. If this does not occur prior to the end of the current round, the entrant who was not originally present will forfeit the match. In the winners bracket a forfeiting entrant will be moved to the losers bracket. In the losers bracket a forfeiting entrant is eliminated.

If neither entrant is present at the beginning of a match, the same rules as above apply. Whichever entrant reports first prior to the end of the round will be considered to be the entrant who reported at the initial call. If neither entrant reports prior to the end of the current round, both entrants are disqualified from the tournament.

Prizes for Technical Tournament:

Champion Includes:
* Black NXA shirt (Korean XL)
* $75 Cash grand prize
* $20 Xscape debit card
* 1st Place trophy
* Your name on our tournament plaque displayed for everyone to see

2nd place includes:
* Black NX2 shirt (85cm)
* $40 Cash
* $10 Xscape debit card
* 2nd Place Trophy

3rd place includes:
* PIU Towel
* $20 Cash
* $10 Xscape debit card

FREESTYLE:

-The Freestyle competition will be held in the middle of the Technical Tournament during the intermission break.

-Freestyle will be graded and judged according to the following:

* 20% grade/score
* 20% crowd response
* 20% routine difficulty
* 40% over-all performance

Prizes for freestyle:

Champion Includes:
* Black NXA shirt (Korean XL)
* $40 Cash
* $20 Xscape debit card
* YOUR name on our tournament plaque for everyone to see

2nd place includes:
* Black NX2 shirt (85cm)
* $20 cash
* $10 Xscape debit card

3rd place includes:
* PIU Towel
* $10 cash
* $10 Xscape debit card

Raffle!

Everyone who enters either or both of the tournaments will be eligible for the random raffle drawing at the end of the tournament!

Prizes:
- 1 Official NXA 2gb USB drive
- 1 Green NXA shirt (XL)
- 1 Black NX shirt (XL)
- 3 PIU Steno pads with pens
- Deck of PIU trading cards
- DJ Max wallscroll
Last edited by WhiteDragon on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Absolute Xscape 2 :Halloween Extravaganza - Oct 24th, 2009

Post by Ho » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:15 am

Stickied. I'm looking forward to this one!

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:13 am

WhiteDragon wrote:-Two players will do a coin toss. Winner chooses to either pick sides, or pick first song. Tiebreaker round songs will be chosen at random.
I still don't understand this but regardless I suggest changing it to winner picks sides or decide who picks the first song. There is no tactical advantage to picking the first song so I assume the winner would pick sides every time. Ive seen it done this way several times and it usually works out nicely.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:55 am

DAVE101 wrote:
WhiteDragon wrote:-Two players will do a coin toss. Winner chooses to either pick sides, or pick first song. Tiebreaker round songs will be chosen at random.
I still don't understand this but regardless I suggest changing it to winner picks sides or decide who picks the first song. There is no tactical advantage to picking the first song so I assume the winner would pick sides every time. Ive seen it done this way several times and it usually works out nicely.
Doesn't matter, Jason Dred is winning the Tech tournament, every other match is a formality.

Which reminds me, has Jason ever lost a Pump tournament? I know there are some pretty good players in the area, but none as top-tier as Jason. Has there ever been an upset?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:33 pm

Strategy against Jason Dread...

Two words:
Tonya Harding

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Merk wrote:
DAVE101 wrote:
Doesn't matter, Jason Dred is winning the Tech tournament, every other match is a formality.

Which reminds me, has Jason ever lost a Pump tournament? I know there are some pretty good players in the area, but none as top-tier as Jason. Has there ever been an upset?
There are definitely a few songs that Yohei, for example, can consistently beat him on. Though it would be extraordinarily unlikely, it could happen.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:43 pm

This is a callout to Jason Dread. I've been practicing behind the scenes and I am going to embarrass you in front of the entire PIU community. I hope you're prepared.

Here's me in my workout clothes practicing:

You're done kid.

And if you pick a song with handplants, I got that on lockdown:

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:18 pm

DAVE101 wrote:
Actually, given the quality of most PIU machines in the area (at least any that people host tournaments on) and the nature of the competitors, people tend to prefer to pick song. In seeded rulesets, I usually allow the higher seeded individual to select which they wish to pick first (pad side or song). Most people seem to concentrate on song choice, either picking up front to set the tone of the match or deferring to know if the second song is a "must win" type situation. Pad side is basically the consolation pick for whoever doesn't pick song. Generally picking pad side comes down to which side has less screen glare, not which side functions better from a stage performance point of view.

I think the rule may be unclear, though. I assume that whoever doesn't pick song gets to force choice of side. That is, if the "winner" elects to pick song first, the "loser" may force side choice, then they switch roles for the second song. If the "winner" gets to force side choice for both songs, things are a little different.

As to why people would want to pick song rather than side, if you've seen PIU tournaments around here, things are obvious. There are certain match-ups where song choice is pretty critical. For example, Yohei will almost always want to play What Do You Really Want or Slam against Jason as they give him the best chances of winning since Jason tends to nearly always best him on other songs while Yohei stands a very good chance of winning on those two (as to why Yohei is so damned good at those two songs, I have no idea). Knowing how to adjust your choice (since you can usually only pick a song once in a tournament) can be a very key advantage. Very often, players elect to "defer" song choice to the second song, forcing their opponent to choose song with less information.

As to Jason Dread losing in a traditional tech/speed tournament, I don't think he has. It's generally been 2nd place up for grabs whenever he's around. Jason is one of the best PIU players in the country, though, so that isn't surprising.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:55 pm

MonMotha wrote: Jason is one of the best PIU players in the country, though, so that isn't surprising.
Until October 24th, where I take the crown.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:59 pm

Merk wrote:Which reminds me, has Jason ever lost a Pump tournament? I know there are some pretty good players in the area, but none as top-tier as Jason. Has there ever been an upset?
Yes he has

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:01 am

DAVE101 wrote:
Merk wrote:Which reminds me, has Jason ever lost a Pump tournament? I know there are some pretty good players in the area, but none as top-tier as Jason. Has there ever been an upset?
Yes he has
Hardly a local tournament, though I guess that, strictly speaking, local was not specified. Jason has lost in tournament play to a few others in the USA, too. J-Boy, RedViper, and Windeu are at least comparable if not "better" than Jason. He's pretty darned good, though, and generally the "best" that shows up at regional events.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:53 pm

We can all agree though that Jason is by far the greatest Jewish PIU player to ever live.

Chad of course is a distant second.

9/11 never forget

ledline
Light
Light

Post by ledline » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:46 pm

I'll definitely try my hand at beating Dread >:3, it'll be fun playing in a tournament with a bunch of good people in it; unlike in TX where there was only one other.

Also Redviper and the other people from SC might be coming, so that would also be an awesome challenge as well. Both Speed and FS
We can all agree though that Jason is by far the greatest Jewish PIU player to ever live.
not quite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG1ir5P0WjA

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:42 pm

I don't know, I still say Jason is the best Jew Pumper ever.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:15 am

I've heard Kaze can be a jerk.

Jason is a mensch.