Absolute Xscape Tournament - Sunday June 21, 2009

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Absolute Xscape Tournament - Sunday June 21, 2009

Post by blackcat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:48 pm

Please confirm if you can make it here so we can make a list of people who will be able to make it. If you are on facebook, rsvp there:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=53220204875

Pump It Up Tournament: NX Absolute machine, FX Cabinet.

Entry fee: $25

This includes:
* admission fee
* all you can eat buffet
* entry to tournament
* $10 XScape game card

Tournament will be:
* randomly seeded
* double elimination
* best 2 out of 3
* crazy charts only, no hard or nightmare

-Two players will do a coin toss. Heads calls which side you play on, tails allows the person to choose the first song. Tiebreaker round songs will be chosen at random.

-Championship songs (winner's bracket, loser's bracket) will be chosen at random.

-If the winner of the loser's bracket does not become the Champion, he/she will face the player in the runner up bracket to determine 2nd and 3rd place.

-Call to action:
Two entrants will be called to the stage at the beginning of each match. If one entrant does not report to the stage within one minute, the match will be skipped and the tournament will continue with the next match in the round. The entrant who was not present when called will have until the end of the current tournament round to report with his/her competitor to play the match. At such time that both entrants are present, their match will commence immediately following whatever match is in progress. If this does not occur prior to the end of the current round, the entrant who was not originally present will forfeit the match. In the winners bracket a forfeiting entrant will be moved to the losers bracket. In the losers bracket a forfeiting entrant is eliminated.

If neither entrant is present at the beginning of a match, the same rules as above apply. Whichever entrant reports first prior to the end of the round will be considered to be the entrant who reported at the initial call. If neither entrant reports prior to the end of the current round, both entrants are disqualified from the tournament.

Prizes for Technical Tournament:

Champion Includes:
* $100 Cash grand prize
* $20 Xscape Debit Card
* 1st Place trophy
* YOUR name on our tournament plaque displayed for everyone to see

Runner Up Includes:
* $50 Cash
*$10 Xscape Debit Card
* 2nd Place Trophy

Consolation Champion Includes:
* $20 Cash
* $10 Xscape Debit Card
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FREESTYLE:

$10 entry fee (this is subject to change, keep posted)

-The Freestyle competition will be held in the middle of the Technical Tournament during the intermission break.

-Freestyle will be graded and judged according to the following:

* 20% grade/score
* 20% crowd response
* 20% routine difficulty
* 40% performance

Prizes for freestyle:

Champion Includes:
* $20 Cash, and $20 Xscape Debit Card
* YOUR name on our tournament plaque for everyone to see

Runner-Up Includes:
* $20 Xscape Debit card

(THIS INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE! WE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF CHANGES IF THEY OCCUR)

Stay tuned for an official tournament songlist! :)

(P.S. I love you all) :D
Last edited by blackcat on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Absolute Xscape Tournament - Friday June 19, 2009

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:09 am

Hrm, how are they handling admission? Is buying the buffet an absolute?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:56 am

I'd have to take the day off work to go during the day on a weekday. Best I can say is 'maybe' at this point.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Hrm, how are they handling admission? Is buying the buffet an absolute?
There will be a flat fee upon entrance. Andy is going to let us know soon what that will be, but it will cover a lot. It will probably cover the cost for using the machine for the day, the tournament entry fee, the buffet, and a game card with a certain amount of money on it. It's not set in stone, but that is likely.

Andy seems set to have it on Friday, but if it's really THAT inconvenient for people, we could maybe talk Andy into moving it to that Sunday. He says that Saturday is out of the question.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:29 pm

I would guess Friday will be not be ideal for most people. I've been wrong before though.

Good job on getting it organized.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I would guess Friday will be not be ideal for most people. I've been wrong before though.

Good job on getting it organized.

We'll be updating the tournament as things come along...also can we make this tournament a special thread that shows up at the top? lol.

We warned Andy that there would be some people that would have to ask the day off from work to attend, but who knows. Maybe we can talk him into having it Sunday.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:53 pm

Post some rules and/or more specific entry info, and I'll go ahead and sticky it.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:00 pm

We're still working out the details with Xscape. As soon as we have more information set in stone, we'll post it.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:07 am

FWIW, a Friday afternoon is also very unlikely to work for me. These things are always better done on weekends simply for attendance reasons.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Well, then we will see if we can get Andy to change his mind and make the tournament on the 21st instead. Like we said though, Saturday is out of the question simply because the arcade is too busy.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Absolute Xscape Tournament - Sunday June 21, 2009

Post by blackcat » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:53 pm

Date has changed to June 21, as there are apparently a lot of people with Mon-Fri, 9-5 jobs. :D

Tim and I are meeting on Tuesday to write out a simple list of things that people will need to know for the tournament. In the meantime, I will show you guys a message I sent out to the members of the facebook group that gives you a small idea of what it's going to be about:

"As many of you have probably noticed, we were successfully able to change the date of this tournament to Sunday, which should work out a lot better for those of you work work Mon-Friday 9-5 jobs. The tournament is now June 21, registration starting at 11am and with the tournament starting at noon. Seeding is random, and it will be double elimination. There will be a small break in between the tech tournament for a freestyle portion. If anyone wants to volunteer to be a judge, someone who is not participating, let Tim or myself know.

If you think you will more than likely be able to make it, please let us know that you are for sure going to attend. This will help Tim and I to let the general manager know how many people we are going to be expecting for the tournament.

This tournament is going to be a BIG deal. Andy is going to send us the tournament rules, entry fee, and prizes through email very soon. First place of the tournament will receive $100, a trophy, a plaque that will be placed hear the main entrance, and a complimentary game card, on top of the game card that EVERYONE will be getting with their entry fee. Second place gets $50, third place gets $25.

Even if you think you don't have a chance of winning, this tournament is going to be a ridiculous fun time, as you will be given a game card, and you can play whatever games you would like in the facility. Keep in mind that XScape is now the largest indoor amusement park/arcade in the midwest.

Entry fee is $25 dollars, but it covers A LOT. A $10 game card, unlimited buffet FOR THE WHOLE DAY, and entrance to the event. The price is very generous considering what you will be getting for it.

More details to come! Thanks so much! Hope to see you at the tournament June 21st!

-Katy

P.S. Help us get the word out! Tell any of your friends that play Pump It Up about our tournament! We want it to be a big deal, as we will be holding the tournament twice a year in the future."

more details are to come, more than likely on Tuesday. I know many of you are itching to know freestyle details as well, or at least certain HOS that I know :P

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:16 am

I am likely to come just for the free ice cream and pizza, let alone the lulz.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:58 am

For anyone interested in coming to the event, but not competing, general admission to Xscape is, I believe $8.49+tax, which covers the all you can eat buffet for the day.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:06 pm

After tax, the entry fee is $9.25. I know that because I now work there :D

EDIT: Thank you Brandon for making this a sticky :)

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:23 am

TOURNAMENT DETAILS UPDATED!

Check the first post of this thread for details :)

Please let us know if you have any questions, or let Tim (WhiteDragon) or myself know if we have missed an important detail. ;)

EDIT: If anyone from out of town needs a place to stay, contact Tim or I. I know for sure that we have 3 couches and a blow-up mattress for people to stay at our place (Katy and Mike) if need be. If anyone else wants to volunteer their house for people to stay at, let it be knowwwwn! Kthnx guise :D