onULego
Light
Light

Blazin' The Floor 8, Louisville, Kentucky, July 18th, 2009

Post by onULego » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Hi, Indiana. :)

Blazin' The Floor 8

Address: 4121 Shelbyville Rd. Louisville, Kentucky
Phone Number: 502.767.6821 or 502.895.3462 (If you are going to be late, call and ask for Jesse or Uno.)
Date: July 18th, 2009
Time: Registration starts at noon, will end by approximately 1:30. Tournament will start at 2 pm
Pricing: $12
Divisions: Heavy and Standard (standard will be held if there's 8 or more interested players). Brackets will be random seeding. If I have a belief that you're sandbagging, you'll be bumped. If you don't like that, well, thank you for your $12 donation. :)
Elimination Style Tournament (Heavy will be double, standard will be single)
DDR Mix: SuperNOVA
Money Distribution:
1st: 30%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

Scoring & Song information
-Score at the bottom determines winner. EOS.
-If players cannot agree on pad side or song choice during a match we will use paper/rock/scissors. Yes I realize I could use a coin flip, but I have zero faith in my ability to effectively flip coins without losing them.
-Players will play a best 2 out of 3 set. Final Rounds (Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Tournament Finals) will be a best 3 of 5. First player to win the majority amount of songs, wins.
-A normal set consists of one song chosen by each player, and a random for the last song. Finals sets will consist of two songs from each player (alternating), and a random for the last song.
-A tie on a song will count as a win for both players.
-In the event of a tie on the initial song set, a random song will be played on shuffle. We will do this until there is a winner.
-Little, Freeze Arrow off, and turn mods are illegal.
-Any other mod is fair game.
-Bar has stated that any use of it is consensual, and no rape shall be declared. (or in normal speak, Bar is legal.)
-You can opt to forfeit during the match, just be aware that you will be a dropping a point and blah blah blah blah....
-Song can only be picked once during the tournament.
-Since this seems to be coming up more and more in each tournament, no intentionally trying to distract or throw your opponent off during the set. Singing, clapping, or physical contact with another player during the song is banned and you will be DQ'd for this. Using your feet to keep on beat in some manner is fine.

-Pad misses and dropped freezes:
For the moment, pad misses will count as misses and dropped holds will count as dropped holds. In the event that either of these cause a controversy of some kind, if the winning player agrees, the song can be replayed or the song declared a tie. Keep in mind this is at the winning player's discretion. If said player chooses to take victory before assumed sportsmanship, he/she is more than welcome to do so.

-Bracket Arrangement:
While the tournament is for the most part random seeding, if two players should agree to play each other in the first round before the tournament takes place, this is acceptable. However BOTH PLAYERS must agree to the arrangement beforehand. The two players will be dropped on a random match slot in the bracket, and the remaining players will be filled in accordingly.

Basic Ground Rules:
1. Be respectful. Don't be a complete and total jerk to anyone just because you can. This goes for everyone, be it tournament participants, spectators, or visitors.
2. If you have any problems, ask me and I'll do what I can to help. If you choose the more abrasive route of blowing up at me instead, you will be DQ'ed and thrown out. :)
3. If you have any drama with anyone involved in the tournament, be it participant or spectator, leave it at the door.
4. Have Fun :)

That's pretty much the main gist of it so far. I'll add more stuff later on, if need be. If anyone has any questions, PM me or IM me (AIM SN = UnoLego), I'll do my best to answer them.
Last edited by onULego on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Blazin' The Floor 8, Louisville, Kentucky, July 18th, 2009

Post by blackcat » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:23 am

Hello Jesse! That tournament is a week after Mike and I get married! Honeymoon tournament! SWEET!

I will try to make it. No promises, but I will try. :)

onULego
Light
Light

Post by onULego » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:09 am

blackcat wrote:Hello Jesse! That tournament is a week after Mike and I get married! Honeymoon tournament! SWEET!

I will try to make it. No promises, but I will try. :)
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :D

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:44 am

I'm sure Jesse could pre-marry you guys at the tournament. You both must play Happy Wedding together before you walk off the pads though.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:09 pm

blackcat wrote: That tournament is a week after Mike and I get married! Honeymoon tournament! SWEET!
Please refrain from "blazin" on the floor.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:50 pm

Riot wrote:
blackcat wrote: That tournament is a week after Mike and I get married! Honeymoon tournament! SWEET!
Please refrain from "blazin" on the floor.
Eh.