38%

Total votes: 8

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Tournament in July-ish?

Post by RyogAkari » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:03 pm

So,

I'm kinda getting the itch to have a tournament again. It would have to be sometime this summer on a saturday and I would have to ok it with the owner of the building but I'm thinking it might be nice to throw together a tournament for old times sake.

I've ordered lights to replace the lights that went bad on my pad arrows, and I found a reasonable distributor to get a whole new set of sensors so the pad will be basically brand new.

We could also have a couple of tournaments if that would interest people. Do 8 to 16 bracket single eliminations on 5th mix, 7th mix, Extreme, and perhaps on my newly acquired Dancing Stage Euromix 2.

For prizes (if people wanted) we could have $5 entries to throw into the pot. 1st place took 50%, 2nd 35%, and 3rd 15%.

I also have more arcade machines/games for people to play for free.
Neo Geo w/ 40+ Carts
Street Fighter Alpha cab converted into 1001 games MAME
Nintendo Playchoice
Para Para Paradise
Air Hockey
Foosball
Soul Calibur (hopeful by then)
Space Invaders (hopeful by then)
Aerofighters (hopeful by then)
And perhaps more. We get new arcade machines all the time.

There is a fridge to stock drinks and we might all pitch in for a potluck dinner. There is also Horseshoes outside and perhaps some other activities to fill out the day when you aren't participating in the DDR tournaments. It will be a very relaxed atmosphere as it is around my home. About the only problem is there are no facilities in which to do your business in the building where the machine is located. You will actually need to walk across the street and up the drive to go to the nearest bathroom. This wont be too much of a problem, but will need to be addressed. Just dont wait till the last minute!!!

Let me know what you think and I will start pounding out the finer details! I live close to Marengo IN for those of you who would like an idea as to where it would be held.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:13 am

Sounds fun to me.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:13 am

I support this idea. :D
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.