Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: An Event Proposal

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue May 20, 2008 7:01 pm

danc1005 wrote:I would totally be down for something like this (if I could come)...I've never played Pop 'N though.
Team FW would dominate DDR, and with Brandon and Chris, and possibly Amp? we could take everything =]
As I mentioned on the last post, I'm kinda too far away from FW to be considered a part of their team.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue May 27, 2008 8:25 pm

Well hey, maybe we can actually do this during DAT7! When and if of course.

Comedy 3rd Strike side event

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue May 27, 2008 8:51 pm

Personally, given the track record we have had with tournaments at DDR-A-Thon I'm inclined to disagree. One event that I really wanna see is a fund raiser based challenge where players get sponsors to pay based upon how high of the dan course the player can clear on IIDX or how many of the top tier Challenge Courses on DDR. (PIU could do something like this, but I know almost nothing about that series so somebody else could do that one.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Aoi-chan
Light
Light

Post by Aoi-chan » Wed May 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:
WhiteDragon wrote:Ixnay on the Ever-Fay.
Oh no, I heard what happened....

Why?

Why?

WHY?!?!?!?
I can answer that one. Because Ho offered and I paid him money :P

While the machine is still a work in progress, it's working a heck of a lot better than it did at Acen. Pictures and even a cool slide show (showing everything in the proper order) is here: http://photobucket.com/PopnMusic

I thought Ho was going to buy another Pop'n Music machine to replace this one anyway. So it's only a matter of time till everyone here will be Pop'n it at the Ho House :D

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Thu May 29, 2008 2:28 pm

I'd be up for this.

Although with how out of practice I am, I'd prefer the Olympics part.

BUT, and big but here with how much bigger Indianapolis really is, and with the amount of players inside Indianapolis that a lot of people are forgetting, plus how do we decide where people's allegiance's lie?

Is it just where they live currently? During the school year or outside of school? Iuno, it'd take a lot of planning.

Really though, the big part would be splitting up Indianapolis into geographic regions to make it more fair. And limiting teams to a certain size. It'd be kind of ridiculous to have 100 people on the Indianapolis Team, but only like 5? on the Terre Haute team.

In light of these thoughts, I'd propose that it be turned into a Team Tournament like it was back at DDR-A-Thon 4? I think? When the Douchebags team won. Where it was teams of 4-6 people competing in every event.

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:47 pm

Hermione wants a pop'n music tourney.
I'm prettier than you :)