TWO guitar hero events in Bloomington tonight??

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

TWO guitar hero events in Bloomington tonight??

Post by malictus » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:34 pm

This is last minute notice I know, but it appears that there may be 2 separate guitar hero tournaments in Bloomington tonight (Wednesday January 30th). One is happening at Bear's Place and the other at Jake's. Weird.

Does anybody know anything about either of them? Anyone going to either event? I'll definitely be at one place or the other. I'd probably rather go to Bear Place than Jake's, but I dunno...

EDIT: I think both of these venues are 21+ in case that matters...

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:04 pm

Shot in the dark... but I'm guessing the rules will be based on how hard you rock out, not your score.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Shot in the dark... but I'm guessing the rules will be based on how hard you rock out, not your score.
Yeah, GH 'freestyle' tends to be the norm at events like this. Blah... Maybe I'll call and see.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:18 pm

Jim, I think Bear's Place let's you in if you're accompanied by a parent. If that ends up being the case, and the tournament's setup isn't too lame, let me know! ( I still have 4 months to go :-().

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:54 pm

ShammerS wrote:Jim, I think Bear's Place let's you in if you're accompanied by a parent. If that ends up being the case, and the tournament's setup isn't too lame, let me know! ( I still have 4 months to go :-().
I don't know about the parent thing, but I called Bear's and it does look like the tournament setup will be pretty good there. And yes, it is 21+. :cry:
The Jake's thing appears to be EVERY Wednesday night, and since the GH3 tournament there gets second billing to Beer Pong I'm not wasting my time with it :roll:

So I'll be at Bear's around 9:30 just in case anyone wants to tag along.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:48 pm

I'll stop by Bear's after improv practice (around 10) tonight. We did a show there last year, and they seemed pretty lenient about the age since some of our performers were as young as 18. I guess I'll find out though, heh.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:50 am

I came in 2nd in the Expert division --- after several close rounds leading up to the finals, Raining Blood did me in :cry:

It was a good time -- very laid back and friendly. The tourney was fast and easy --- single elim, single song chosen at random, winner take all. There will be one once a month there, so I'll definitely be going again in the future.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:30 am

Damn -- I didn't get to stop in since I figured it was too late. Were you playing in the back room (where the stage is)?

Grats on 2nd!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:34 pm

malictus wrote:I came in 2nd in the Expert division --- after several close rounds leading up to the finals, Raining Blood did me in :cry:

It was a good time -- very laid back and friendly. The tourney was fast and easy --- single elim, single song chosen at random, winner take all. There will be one once a month there, so I'll definitely be going again in the future.
Silver Medal. Congrats!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:47 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
malictus wrote:I came in 2nd in the Expert division --- after several close rounds leading up to the finals, Raining Blood did me in :cry:

#1 loser. Congrats!
:lol: Just kidding, way to kick ass!