NX2 Scape, February 23rd (new version, new format)

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:08 pm

I'll save you a some trouble with the songlist but by all means go there and check it out (This list assume only Arcade Station will be used which would make sense. If you want to use Special station and the new content in there (it encompasses a lot and the charts are not all garbage/were changed from the garbage they were on NX) I can piece together that list for you as well:

NEW TUNES
1) BanYa Production - Money
2) BanYa Production - Guitar Man
3) BanYa Production - Jam O Beat
4) BanYa Production - Beat the Ghost
5) BanYa Production - Monkey Fingers 2
6) BanYa Production - Caprice of Otada
7) BanYa Production - Higgledy Piggledy
8) Sonic Dimension - Groovin' Motion
9) Oscillator X - Dance All Night
10) Elpis - Dance Vibrations
11) Sonic Dimension - Chopstix
12) ZiGZaG - Energizer
13) Yahpp - Faster Z
14) Yahpp - Solitary 1.5 [*unlocked when using USB*]
15) Yahpp - Pumptris Quattro
16) Wonder Girls - Tell Me (Korean version only)
17) Taiji Boys - It's My Business
18) Taiji Boys - Come Back Home
19) Seo Taiji - Feel the Soul
20) Joanne - Shiny Day
21) Gil Gun - A.U Ready?
22) Mina - Get My Phone Call
23) 015B - Very Old Couples
24) Bada - V.I.P
25) Bae Chi Gi - Nice to Meet You
26) No Brain - You Fell in Me!
27) Crying Nut - Astral Song
28) May - Compunction
29) Pia - A Maelstrom
30) HeaDTriP - Beat # No. 4
31) Hot Potato - No Despair [*unlocked when using USB*]

K-POP CHANNEL
32) Dynamic Duo - Go Back
33) Epik High - Fly
34) DJ DOC - One Night
35) Hyun Jin Young vs. Yahpp - U Inside My Dim Memory
36) Jiny - Free!
37) Kim Jong Kook - Lovely
38) Ururbu Project - Terminal Depository
39) N.Ex.T - For You
40) Apple Jam - Snow Dream
41) May - Handsome Character That Pass
42) Hyun Jin Young - Hyun Jin Young Go Jin Young Go
43) Park Hyang Lim vs. Yahpp - My Brother is Street Singer
44) Typhoon - So
45) Cho PD & B.E.G - Hold the Line
46) Drunken Tiger - Emergency
47) Cho PD - My Friend
48) Eugene - Wuthering Heights
49) LazyBone - Do it Yourself
50) Turtles - What's Going On
51) Louis - Chung Hwa Ban Jeom
52) Spooky Banana - Mr. Fire Fighter
53) T.O - Footprints
54) Jang Yoon Jung - Oh My!
55) JTL - Enter the Dragon
56) Perry - Storm
57) Mina - Turn Around
58) Lexy - Greenhorn
59) 1TYM - Hot
60) Som2 - Pray
61) Eun Ji Won - Drunken in Melody
62) Som2 - Deja Vu
63) Lee Hyun Do - Sajahu
64) Lee Hyun Do - Typhoon
65) WAX - I'll Give You All My Love
66) Crash - Dignity
67) Crash - What Do You Really Want
68) U;Nee - Go
69) Crying Nut - Circus Magic
70) Duke - Starian
71) U'Two - Mistake
72) N.Ex.T - Lazenca, Save Us
73) Deux - Come Back to Me
74) Novasonic - Slam
75) Tashannie - Don't Bother Me
76) Deux - We Are
77) Sechskies - Com'back
78) Fin.K.L - Forever Love
79) Clon - Funky Tonight
80) Novasonic - Another Truth

POP CHANNEL
81) DJ Dookie - Hybs
82) Andrew Kim - Throw 'em Up
83) Haley - Sam-I-Am
84) Gyfted - We Goin' Fly Remix
85) Manresa - Le Code de Bonne Conduite
86) Kaoma - Essa Maneira
87) Los Ninos de Sara - La Cubanita
88) ROD - Shake it Up
89) Victoria - Power of Dream
90) Victoria - Watch Out
91) General Grant - Soca Make Yuh Ram Ram

PUMP IT UP ORIGINALS CHANNEL
92) BanYa - Final Audition
93) BanYa - Extravaganza
94) BanYa - Final Audition 2
95) BanYa - Naissance
96) BanYa - Turkey March
97) BanYa - She Likes Pizza
98) BanYa - Solitary
99) BanYa - Mr. Larpus
100) BanYa - N
101) BanYa - Beethoven Virus
102) BanYa - Dr. M
103) BanYa - Love is a Danger Zone
104) BanYa - Point Break
105) BanYa - Street Show Down
106) BanYa - Winter
107) BanYa - Will o' the Wisp
108) BanYa - Miss's Story
109) BanYa - Vook
110) BanYa - Bee
111) BanYa - Beat of the War
112) BanYa - Come to Me
113) BanYa - Final Audition Episode 1
114) BanYa - Final Audition 3 U.F
115) BanYa - Naissance 2
116) BanYa - Monkey Fingers
117) BanYa - X-Treme
118) BanYa - Get Up!
119) BanYa - J Bong
120) BanYa - Hi-Bi
121) BanYa - Solitary 2
122) BanYa - Canon-D
123) BanYa - Beat of the War 2
124) BanYa - Moonlight
125) BanYa - Witch Doctor
126) BanYa - Love is a Danger Zone 2
127) BanYa - Phantom
128) Yahpp - Witch Doctor #1
129) Yahpp - Arch of Darkness
130) Yahpp - Chimera
131) BanYa Production - Do You Know That -Old School-
132) BanYa Production - Bullfighter's Song
133) Yahpp - Final Audition Episode 2-1
134) Yahpp - Final Audition Episode 2-2

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:30 pm

Yeah that is helpful (I also could have gotten it off of PH;)).

Ho has pretty much said that would be ok, so I will start working on the rules and stuff, should it be Nightmare or Crazy Finals?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:38 pm

My only request is that we do random seeding. I still don't see the point in doing double elim AND qualifiers. The qualifier just takes a bunch of time and rarely seems to affect the final outcome of a double elim tourney.

I would also suggest we do an informal doubles tournament of some sort--maybe instead of King of the Hill (or we can do both if we end up with a ton of extra time).

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:41 pm

Ho wrote:My only request is that we do random seeding. I still don't see the point in doing double elim AND qualifiers. The qualifier just takes a bunch of time and rarely seems to affect the final outcome of a double elim tourney.

I would also suggest we do an informal doubles tournament of some sort--maybe instead of King of the Hill (or we can do both if we end up with a ton of extra time).
Noted, and will have rules posted once I download Office so that I can type stuff....

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:44 pm

lgolem wrote:
Ho wrote:My only request is that we do random seeding. I still don't see the point in doing double elim AND qualifiers. The qualifier just takes a bunch of time and rarely seems to affect the final outcome of a double elim tourney.

Noted, and will have rules posted once I download Office so that I can type stuff....
Random seeding without qualifiers sounds fun and makes sense, as does the informal doubles tournament. I'd say with the amount of people whom would enter that compared to King of the Hill they'd take about the same amount of time.

I would suggest Crazy the whole way through this tournament. No Nightmare - just save that for another/extra event.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:38 am

Rules and songlist posted :D

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:00 am

Well, I'm happy that we get to play NX2. However, I sad because I've been practicing NMs all this time! lol. Back to the drawing board.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:25 pm

Ok, I have had several people talk to me about this lately. So I have to address it.

some people don't really want to compete in the tourney cause they didn't like how combo based the scoring system was. The scoring system has changed now, it is not as combo based as it used to be, meaning you can out pa someone, break your combo and still have a chace to beat them.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:36 pm

I don't know if you're going strictly off of my experience that I shared with you. I wouldn't swear to the scoring method. I haven't really tried to dissect it or understand it fully yet, but it definitely seems different at a cursory glance.

In one song I played with Katy, I had a higher combo but she had a higher perfect count. Her score was higher than mine. I wasn't really paying a whole lot more attention than that, so I can't really speak to how consistent that might be or if there were any other factors that led to that result.

And in the end, I still hold to the tenant that any contest is fair so long as everyone is held to the same standard. It doesn't really matter how broke-ass you think PIU scoring is...everyone has the same opportunity to benefit or be penalized by its strengths or weaknesses.

And whatever happened to just playing to have some fun regardless of win or lose?! I, for one, know I don't stand a chance in a technical tournament no matter how the rules and scoring are structured. I'll be there nonetheless just to see people and enjoy playing a new game.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NX2-Scape, February 23rd (new version, new format)

Post by Ho » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:01 pm

Double post!
lgolem wrote:- Best 2 out of 3 songs per match. Since there is no seeding scores, it is on a courtesy bases, if you can’t decide a coin toss will take place to decide for you. Winner determined by score. Third song will be a random draw from the whole song list, the players will choose the difficulty, if they can't make up there mind a coin will be tossed.

- A song/difficulty combination may only be picked once by the same person in the duration of the tournament.
First of all, I think the beginning of that is trying to say that "who will go first" will be determined by a courtesy agreement between the two players or a coin toss if they are douche bags and can't come to an agreement.

I have an idea regarding difficulty selection. Why not just let people play on whatever difficulty they want to? Player 1 chooses first song, player 2 chooses second song, and random choice of third song (if necessary), but each player can play the song on whatever difficulty he/she chooses.

Here's what I'm thinking...

If someone chooses a song that is like an 18 on CZ, I know I can't even pass that level of a song. I may elect to play the song on HD at say a level 9 (I'm just making these numbers up). I would argue that a mediocre performance on CZ is probably going to outscore even a great performance on HD just due to the fact that there are so many more steps.

My picking HD isn't to try to win, it's just to be comfortable and enjoy playing the song. I would probably lose to someone capable of an 18 regardless of whether I play the song as an 18 (and do terribly) or a 9 (and do pretty well).

Please let me know if there is some flaw in this logic that I'm not seeing. All I really want to do is for people to be able to feel comfortable playing at their own level so they will want to participate regardless of whether they win or lose.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Re: NX2-Scape, February 23rd (new version, new format)

Post by lgolem » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:10 pm

Ho wrote:Double post!
lgolem wrote:- Best 2 out of 3 songs per match. Since there is no seeding scores, it is on a courtesy bases, if you can’t decide a coin toss will take place to decide for you. Winner determined by score. Third song will be a random draw from the whole song list, the players will choose the difficulty, if they can't make up there mind a coin will be tossed.

- A song/difficulty combination may only be picked once by the same person in the duration of the tournament.
First of all, I think the beginning of that is trying to say that "who will go first" will be determined by a courtesy agreement between the two players or a coin toss if they are douche bags and can't come to an agreement.
Okay, I fixed that, i kinda threw the rules together in a hurry so I messed up in some places.

Anyway, I do like you idea and I am all for it...but I will wait to see if anyone has any objections to it.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:17 pm

I support Brian's idea as well.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:30 pm

Arcade zone only? If so, there should be no problem allowing people to play on whatever difficulty they choose. Unless the person playing on CZ sucks it up really badly (and then, wtf did they pick that?), the HD player won't really have much of a chance to beat them, especially given that the new scoring systems seems to emphasize combo much less.

Persons electing to play on hard may have their opponent chose crazy on them, but them's the breaks. This is a speed/tech tournament. The person choosing the song can always make sure that the CZ is either easy enough for them or way out of the league of their opponent if they feel this is a problem. There are plenty of such songs.

Now, if special zone is allowed, there are some anothers where things could get interesting, but I still say that as long as both players have the option available, both can choose whatever will maximize their level of fun and likelihood of victory. It's all fair as long as everybody is held to the same rules.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:15 pm

I posted the new rule (as best I could describe it), and gave the tournament a new name

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:30 pm

Stellar news. Odds are my brother won't have a party on the 23rd, so it looks like I'm probably going. He might even tag along.

Edit: Even if I don't "enter" in any competitve tourney or freestyle, would it be cool if I got 1-2 runs during Free Play?
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."