Standard
Standard

Fort Rapids 1, February 17, 2008

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:14 pm

[I'm just copying the first post from oddr.net]

Fort Rapids Indoor Water Park
4560 Hilton Corporate Drive
Columbus, OH 43232

Qualifying starts at 10:00 (that's the latest Kurt and I will arrive there tongue.gif ). Must register and qualify by 12:30. The tournament will start immediately after. One can register for mods until the end of round one of the mods tournament.

Fort Rapids 1 ITG1 and 2 FA tournament (run on a roxor made ITG2 dedicated cabinet)

$10 entry fee

Two divisions (lower expert/upper expert) (might add a third based on turnout and qualifier). If there are clear cut divisions between the scores, I will divide based on those. Otherwise, top half gets upper, bottom gets lower.

Lower expert will be 7-11 with twelves added in at the semifinals. Upper expert will be 7-11 with twelves added second round and thirteens added in the semifinals. (if there is a third it will be 5-8 footers with 9s added in the semis)

Qualifier will be decided day of the tournament AND WILL BE USED TO DECIDE WHICH DIVISION YOU ENTER. If you are unsatisfied with what division you end up in, you can ask to be taken out of the tournament and get your entry fee back.

Best 2/3

Song pick. Random song if players tie. Players can only choose a song once. High seed chooses whether he/she chooses the song first or second.

take percent on screen (pads discrepancies will be recalc'd with Fantastics only if blatant; pads will be fixed before tourney)

double elimination (single for third division if there is a third division for time constraints)

ITG2 Mods Tournament

$7 Entry fee

One division. Foot ratings are the same as upper expert above.

Random seeding.

Top seed chooses whether he or she wants to pick song or mods first. Whoever picks mods can pick anything for both players except invisible, perspective mods, speed mods, and if cel or metal is chosen, noteskin. Otherwise, all mods are fair game (including things like Simple). If cel or metal is not chosen by the player, the opposing player has to choose the same noteskin. After the first song, the roles switch and the other player will pick the mods. Hacked mods (DDR, trip, and edge) are not available for use in this tournament. Players can only choose songs once throughout the tournament.

Each mod will have a certain point value. When the players stack mods, they have to keep the point values in mind. There will only be a certain amount of points allowed per song depending on the round. Round and mod point values are still being discussed, but will be posted once decided.

Best 2/3. In the event of a tie, a random song and a random mod (up to the point value of the round) will be chosen and played.

pad discrepancies recalc'd to Fantastics if blatant

Freestyle

$5 entry fee (1 or 2 person team)

Bring your own song/chart via r23 custom songs (please keep your song length ~2:30 or less), or use a song already on the machine!; minimum 50 steps

Will be judged on these categories:
-originality
-style
-crowd reaction
-
-
-pass lol
-fucking make sure it meets the requirements above

taking judge applications (judges cannot enter)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

Rules TBD

More coming soon; taking suggestions (poker?). Also, please post your opinions on these rules!

$20 to enter all three tourneys! PLEASE HAVE YOUR SONGS IN MIND BEFORE STARTING YOUR ROUND TO MAKE THINGS RUN QUICKLY!

Entrant List:

ITG2 FA:
1. Kalek
2. krut
3. xrandom1x
4. Goemon?
5. Rand0mizeR
6. Big B
7. Skeeter
8. Holland
9. Regulator?
10. meggy mae?
11. Keef
12. ranatalus
13. Ryo
14. GW_Scrub
15. PYK?
16. THECapedCaper
17. Zorachus
18. Quad_Killer
19. Matt
20. MAAAX_Himself

ITG2 Mods:
1. Kalek
2. xrandom1x
3. Rand0mizeR
4. hurtpiggypig
5. krut
6. Skeeter
7. Zorachus?
8. Quad_Killer
9. Matt

Freestyle:
1. ranatalus
2. PYK?
3. THECapedCaper
4. Sean Shannon
5. Quad_Killer

Brawl:
1. krut
2. PYK?
3. Rand0mizeR
4. Holland
5. madcow
6. THECapedCaper
7. Skeeter
8. Quad_Killer

Energy drinks/water/powerade/etc will be sold. No one cares about food there btw, so Sean can bring her brownies and etc. I don't think they'll care about drinks either, but please buy something there and spend some money at the arcade so Shaffer will want to let us have another tournament in the future if this goes successfully.

Please note that the only cut that the arcade will be taking is profits from selling drinks. Because of this, it appears we will have very large prizes biggrin.gif

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:51 pm

This looks interesting. I may take a road trip.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:06 am

Custom song freestyle competition. Looks interesting indeed...
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:52 pm

ghey
Team KIMO represent!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:34 pm

Dyme wrote:ghey

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:10 am

I see the naming convention lives on...

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:52 am

lgolem wrote:
Dyme wrote:ghey
Disclaimer: I hate drama. But I gotta. (Does that exempt me? No? Oh well.)

It's one thing to not enjoy a game, but dissing on a tournament for said game or the fact that it's not some super creative name is really stupid.

At least Dyme has some skill at the game he's dissing. Lawlgolem, please just gtfo.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:56 am

SoDeepPolaris wrote:dissing on a tournament for said game or the fact that it's not some super creative name is really stupid
Re-read my post. It was merely an observation that every ITG tournament in Indiana has used that naming style and it now seems to have spread to a neighboring state. If you chose to interpret it as a dis, that was your own doing.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:52 pm

Ho wrote:
SoDeepPolaris wrote:dissing on a tournament for said game or the fact that it's not some super creative name is really stupid
Re-read my post. It was merely an observation that every ITG tournament in Indiana has used that naming style and it now seems to have spread to a neighboring state. If you chose to interpret it as a dis, that was your own doing.
You're fine.

I was just having flashbacks to Jeremy's freak out in the puttputt tourney thread.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:28 am

ITG sucks big black cock. HUGE black cock. (a little drunk atm)
Team KIMO represent!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:01 am

Dyme wrote:ITG sucks big black cock. HUGE black cock. (not drunk atm)

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:43 am

when i get some drank in me, the first thing i do is go to my computer and troll threads about dance dance revolution video games too (a little sarcastic atm)

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:51 pm

dude, no reason to even post this here. no one but you, ron, and myself are going from indiana.
ImageImage
ImageImage

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:25 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:dude, no reason to even post this here. no one but you, ron, and myself are going from indiana.
true dat

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:56 am

this is gonna be fucking huge