Upcoming Events at the Great X Scape in 08

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:37 am

If you do decide to give a college ID discount, you better accept employee ID's from IU as well. :lol:

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:57 am

wat? GXS shares profits on some of its games? :shock:
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Every time this gets brought up, someone gets upset. First off, nobody is claiming Jeremy hasn't tried. He's done more for the arcade than pretty much anyone else. That being said, nobody is at 'fault' since there isn't anything inherently 'wrong'.

So let’s try and clarify this problem. As I understand, the customer concerns are that games cost too much and there should be a reward for loyal patrons. The arcade is concerned that such a rewarding system would be difficult to track and would upset the balance of ticket redemption games.

I firmly believe that there is a very specific solution that can provide both the business and customer with the most ‘happy’.

I still believe that for the reasons Merk mentioned, better token deals would be preferable to a whole new system. The question is how do we get a better token deal without messing up the economy. I know given the option that we would all forgo the ability to play ticket redemption games for better token deals. It sounds like the arcade prefers to have machines rather than people deal with money tracking, but I will say this: Arcades across the country have found ways to make this work, so there is no reason GxS should be any different.

Also, I believe the only profit sharing game is IIDX Gold, but I’m sure Brandon would be willing to come to some sort of consensus on how to handle this.

Lastly, Jeremy has made it clear that he has done his best to convince Daniel. Perhaps Merk, Sam, Riot, Rico, and anyone else who would like to raise their point should draft up a proposal explaining our situation and hope for the best. Thoughts?

Izco
Standard
Standard

Post by Izco » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:09 pm

Well I don't know, I never really had a problem with the system or anything until IIDX prices were raised. I don't think anything is wrong with the token system, the only problems I have are ddr and iidx are so much more expensive than all the other games that its unmotivating to go. I mean other games u can play 15 minutes on a token and $1 for 5 minutes on ddr is just not worth it. I mean whenever I go its not even worth playing ddr.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:08 pm

Izco wrote:I mean other games u can play 15 minutes on a token and $1 for 5 minutes on ddr is just not worth it.
Just curious...what arcade game is 15 minutes for one token, assuming you aren't on some epic Pac-Man/Galaga run?
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:29 pm

3rd strike can be 15 minutes no problem. Sunset Riders tends to be at least 10. Soul Calibur and Tekken can probably last a while. Pinball could probably go for a bit. I can do a 20 minute Galaga run on a whim (I have witnesses.)

Additionally, if you were to spend $1 on many of these games, you would be playing for a good 15 minutes guaranteed.

On the flip side. A DDR run should be at least 4 x 1.5 = 6 minutes, and really 7.5 if you get the extra stage. That is pure Dance Dancing. I'd say DDR takes me a good 10 minutes or so per set.