PP1 - ITG Tournament in FORT WAYNE! Sat. Nov. 3rd

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote: As for the I am not going to go since you posted that. I am not going because you are trying to be a smart ass, I am not going because instead of someone answering my questions (which were legit questions) you decided to single out the only part you could make a crack at and attack me. I am not going because I am not going to be in the mess of people that get bitched at for being at an unauthorized tournament. Because that is what I forsee happening.
Rusty don't you think it's a little weird that one person who isn't even going for sure says something a teeny bit critical of you and your reaction is "f--- this im not going"

i mean.. if one person at your school hates you.. do you transfer schools?
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:47 pm

Do you not read entire posts? Seriously? I said I am not going because it doesn't appear to be a legitimate event. None of my questions have been answered. The only reponse I have gotten to my questions, have been flames.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:52 pm

You completely missed the point, Orc.

This would be more like, some people decide to have a dance at school but they don't get consent from the school board, so one person decides not to go because they don't want to get busted.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:53 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:You completely missed the point, Orc.

This would be more like, some people decide to have a dance at school but they don't get consent from the school board, so one person decides not to go because they don't want to get busted.

Footloose?

Sorry couldn't help it

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:17 pm

Can we chill out a bit, here? Let's try to stick to factual discussion about this event.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Do you not read entire posts? Seriously? I said I am not going because it doesn't appear to be a legitimate event. None of my questions have been answered. The only reponse I have gotten to my questions, have been flames.
This is not a hardcore tournament.

This is for fun. It's only a dollar to enter. And OMG yes you have to use your own tokens. It'll be 50cents each time you play. If you only make it twice, you've only spent two dollars on this thing.

An employee of putt putt knows, does this answer your Q?

This is what will happen: about 10 people will show up (mostly really good fort wayne players) and they will have a blast and i will make them all get indyddr accounts so they can post in this thread about how much of a good time they had and how they cant wait until PP2 in a month.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:05 pm

Way to be tacky some more.... :roll: no need to be fucking stupid about it, and yes that is exactly what I wrote... So give me all the bad ratings you want, cause quite frankly i don't care anymore.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:16 pm

th34nt0ni0 wrote:This is for fun. It's only a dollar to enter. And OMG yes you have to use your own tokens. It'll be 50cents each time you play. If you only make it twice, you've only spent two dollars on this thing.

After a whole page of BS, you finally answer two simple questions. Was it that hard?

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:50 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Way to be tacky some more.... :roll: no need to be fucking stupid about it, and yes that is exactly what I wrote... So give me all the bad ratings you want, cause quite frankly i don't care anymore.
what?
OrangeLounger wrote:
th34nt0ni0 wrote:This is for fun. It's only a dollar to enter. And OMG yes you have to use your own tokens. It'll be 50cents each time you play. If you only make it twice, you've only spent two dollars on this thing.

After a whole page of BS, you finally answer two simple questions. Was it that hard?
ssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:48 pm

OrangeLounger wrote: You completely missed the point, Orc.

Did I though? I know you guys had honest questions and concerns, but you both really came off as whiny about it and speculating about how it was going to suck for no reason and neither of you is even coming anyway! Trust the people who are doing it not to be noobs!

And honestly.. the worst that can happen is that management might ask you to leave.. which i see as highly unlikely.. and so what? you'd still get to meet new people.. which i think is the point of tournaments!
groovestats
<3 blackcat

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:47 pm

yea i bet the people wondering all this go there all the time, and the people running it and attending hardly ever go there.

you can't handle new-skool.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:04 pm

the old-school has been around long enough to see what works and what doesn't, you should appreciate the wisdom of your elders. Those who fail to learn about history are doomed to repeat it.

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:12 pm

Never questioned abilities, just questioned what was going on with the tournament. If i wanted to see scores i would look in the brag thread.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:06 am

come on guys...seriously!!!

no, it isn't a tournament authorized by putt putt and everyone keeps talking about everyone else missing the point. the main point of tony posting this was so ppl can just meet other ppl and have fun. losing maybe $2 ($1entry+$1tokens...hell, i'll pay for ppl's games, my gf works there) isn't going to kill anyone. it's for freakin fun. as for other ppl that want to play who aren't participating, well, we'll incorporate them while we still play. it's not hard to work around and i'd like ppl to come even if they don't enter.

i just cant stand little petty ass arguments. tony shut up about it not being anything serious. the ppl who actually show to a $1 entry tourney know it's just for fun. stephanie shut up about it not being legitimate and let us handle it. worse comes to worse, they'll tell us we cant do it. joe shut up about respecting your elders, i've been on the DDR scene way before it even came to indiana. everyone fucking lighten up and have fun like we do every weekend at putt putt, regardless if you lose a $1 or not.
ImageImage
ImageImage