Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:01 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:
UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:
lgolem wrote: Edit: Also it is normally good to give people at LEAST a month of advance warning not barely over a week. Cause I would have possibly used this as an excuse to drive up to Fort Wayne, but there is NO WAY I can get off work with a week of notice.
whah whah whah...did you even come to LF1 (2 months in advance, with M-ville being closer to carmel than the Fort!?) :roll:
also, tony said they're trying to do it once a month, so consider that your one month warning :)

Hey.. I had an idea for a rule at the last tournament..

"Random third song is redone if it comes up as one of the first 2 played"
I 2nd that shit. :?
ImageImage
ImageImage

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:05 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:
lgolem wrote:
Ho wrote:Is every Indiana ITG tournament going to have a boring, uncreative name?
Edit: Also it is normally good to give people at LEAST a month of advance warning not barely over a week. Cause I would have possibly used this as an excuse to drive up to Fort Wayne, but there is NO WAY I can get off work with a week of notice.
whah whah whah...did you even come to LF1 (2 months in advance, with M-ville being closer to carmel than the Fort!?) :roll:
I asked off, Daniel's wife wanted him to be off so I was forced to work the fact of the matter was I was givin time to ask off, this was BARELY over a week notice which cannot be done, it is just a lot better for people to ask off to with more that like 8 days notice, I give at a minimum of a month of warning to make sure the maximum people can show up. And if you read it, I said it would be an excuse to get up there, I have tried to go meet and hang out with the fort wayne people several times and things go awry, if I had more warning I would had tried to make it up there, and there is just no way I can do it now.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:31 pm

Merk wrote:So I guess Putt-Putt is having tournaments again? Wasn't the last one they had a few years ago for DDR Extreme a complete disaster? Something happened along the lines of the Heavy division of the tech tournament being canceled since all the other divisions (Standard, freestyle, maybe Oni) took like 10 hours to finish.

Oh well, I'm glad to see a tournament being held in Indiana for once!

Yeah I remember it, It was a total disaster, people were bitching about the pads, and PP was bitching about all the people cause customers were bitching about the Players in the tournament blocking the bathroom, and that one guy Sage went ape shit because of pad misses.

To sum it up..... Total bitch a palooza

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:36 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:
Merk wrote:So I guess Putt-Putt is having tournaments again? Wasn't the last one they had a few years ago for DDR Extreme a complete disaster? Something happened along the lines of the Heavy division of the tech tournament being canceled since all the other divisions (Standard, freestyle, maybe Oni) took like 10 hours to finish.

Yeah I remember it, It was a total disaster, people were bitching about the pads, and PP was bitching about all the people cause customers were bitching about the Players in the tournament blocking the bathroom, and that one guy Sage went ape shit because of pad misses.

Fun times Fun times..
remember our retarded freestyle? That was awesome.
Lol
~*Erica*~

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:46 pm

Erica6924 wrote:
Rusty Shackleford wrote:

Fun times Fun times..
remember our retarded freestyle? That was awesome.
Lol
I remember waiting 6 hours for the Heavy division and then it getting cancelled. That was awesome...

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:07 pm

Yeah putt put tournaments are so not a good idea..

But this has got me wondering...

Do you actually have this cleared with someone? I mean before Putt Putt had said they would NEVER host another tournament again, and by just having a dollar entry fee, are people supplying their own tokens? I mean how are you going to have cash prizes and be able to give putt putt money for using their machine all day. This all just seems fishy to me.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:35 am

Get serious people. Honestly with a one dollar entry fee this isn't going to be a hardcore tournament. Its just going to be more for fun and hanging out and maybe an excuse to come to fort wayne. But hey good job on bitching up a storm before anything has even gone down.

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Yeah putt put tournaments are so not a good idea..

But this has got me wondering...

Do you actually have this cleared with someone? I mean before Putt Putt had said they would NEVER host another tournament again, and by just having a dollar entry fee, are people supplying their own tokens? I mean how are you going to have cash prizes and be able to give putt putt money for using their machine all day. This all just seems fishy to me.
Are you even going to be there?

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:03 am

Actually I have played a lot recently, and I was thinking about it, until your post. I wasn't trying to be bitchy. I was just trying to think of the logic that whoever used in setting up a tournament there.

If who ever does it, and it isnt cleared by the management they can get into a lot of crap because of exactly what happened at the last tournament.

People in Indiana and everywhere else take tournaments VERY seriously anyone should know that. And posting of a tournament means you are going to get these kind of questions if not worse questions.

Lighten the crap up

Geeze.

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:03 am

Ho wrote:Is every Indiana ITG tournament going to have a boring, uncreative name?
ITG-A-THON one

i <3 all u whiners

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:50 am

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Actually I have played a lot recently, and I was thinking about it, until your post. I wasn't trying to be bitchy. I was just trying to think of the logic that whoever used in setting up a tournament there.

If who ever does it, and it isnt cleared by the management they can get into a lot of crap because of exactly what happened at the last tournament.

People in Indiana and everywhere else take tournaments VERY seriously anyone should know that. And posting of a tournament means you are going to get these kind of questions if not worse questions.

Lighten the crap up

Geeze.
There's going to be a top prize of what, maybe 20 bucks? Are people going to take that serious? And remember this is our ITG machine, which has working pads, so serious or not we're at least a step ahead of the last event.

And as for the "I was going to come until you posted blah blah". Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me. You're telling me to lighten up? Geeeeeeeet serious.

Anyways everyone that's actually coming seems pretty stoked on the event and that's all that matters to me. As for me showing up, that's up in the air. I'm gonna try like hell to make it though.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:45 am

If you can pull it off good job, all I am saying is if a bunch of people show up for this and you dont have it cleared, it is going to be one giant mess, say like five people show up it isn't going to be a big deal. You guys are saying that from open to close you will have this machine. What if people want to play that don't want to be in the tournament? You can't deny them, and if you allow them won't it screw up everything. I was just trying to warn you of the possible downsides to doing something like this AT puttputt.

Edit:

As for the I am not going to go since you posted that. I am not going because you are trying to be a smart ass, I am not going because instead of someone answering my questions (which were legit questions) you decided to single out the only part you could make a crack at and attack me. I am not going because I am not going to be in the mess of people that get bitched at for being at an unauthorized tournament. Because that is what I forsee happening.

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:19 am

omfggtfo

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:14 pm

th34nt0ni0 wrote:omfggtfo

So i am taking this as they don't know about it.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:46 pm

th34nt0ni0 wrote:
ITG-A-THON one

i <3 all u whiners
How about "The Dolla Dolla Dance Off" playing off Piere's' "dolla dolla drink" specials....since you know, it's a dollar to enter.

Anyway, Stefanie is bringing up some valid points. Plus I've been around putt putt with some of the more 'hardcore' players who get all upset and pissy when they don't get a good score (no offense, I do the same thing but it is just a game after all)

I wish you the best in running this tournament, but if it turns into total chaos, don't say nobody warned you.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:27 pm

we can work around noobs, no biggie!!!
ImageImage
ImageImage