ATTN: Important Information for Anyone Attending USPF2007

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:12 pm

Wolfen wrote:I'm not such a bad guy... now am I? :lol:
You're an alright guy. A little quiet, honestly. Though, the tail was a little weird, but meh, to each his own.

Of course, I'm pretty sure most everyone else here will continue to hate you, but that's just the way the internets are. *shrug* :roll:
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:36 am

um WOW :shock:

So basically.. the Package came out 1st on 3 songs in a row.. and then JBOY beat him on BEMERA nightmare and got 1st place because of this... am i think only one that thinks mister... package... should have gotten 1st place? 3/4 = gg
groovestats
<3 blackcat

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:12 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:... am i think only one that thinks mister... package...
Right.

All jokes at inept typing aside, how did the 4 song system work? Was it a total of perfects from all songs?

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:18 pm

ShammerS wrote:
BigBadOrc wrote:... am i think only one that thinks mister... package...
Right.

All jokes at inept typing aside, how did the 4 song system work? Was it a total of perfects from all songs?
no are you kidding? this is pump where they actually think the machine score is good for something besides lol'ing at :shock:

and each round was completely seperate if that's what your asking.. which is why i was bitching in the first place.. cuz package beat jboy 3 out of 4 rounds and they gave him 2nd place for it

and each round was just one random song that everyone plays and they take the top x by score
groovestats
<3 blackcat

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:46 pm

no are you kidding? this is pump where they actually think the machine score is good for something besides lol'ing at
The main reason machine score is used is because that is what Andamiro wants us to use. Besides, the scoring is still not as messed up as any DDR mix before SuperNova.

Anyway, the format we used had simple tier based structure. Everyone played a random song on Crazy and all of the scores were recorded. At the end of the round, the top half of the scores moved on and the rest were cut from the tourney. The finals were Nightmare and the higher machine score wins.

To those who think it is unfair for JBoy to beat Jonny even though Jonny won three of the four rounds, think of the tournament as a race. It does not matter when you get to each checkpoint (each round before finals). The only thing that matters is getting to the finish line (winning the finals) first.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:13 pm

It was an honor meeting you guys.
I was shy, or else I would have introduced myself. I knew who you were though. You looked friendly though :D

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:26 pm

I can certainly understand a sense of injustice by the results, but I'd also like to point out that in a seeded bracket tournament Jonny and JBoy probably wouldn't have met until the final round. In that case, Jonny's single defeat in the final round after 3 wins in previous rounds would have had the same result.

I still hold that any contest is fair so long as all the competitors are held to the same standards. The rules of this contest were announced in advance and adhered to. You can argue for the standards to be changed, but that's a different matter entirely. The result was correct within the framework that was established.

Wolfen
Standard
Standard

Post by Wolfen » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:40 pm

blackcat wrote:

I was shy, or else I would have introduced myself. I knew who you were though. You looked friendly though :D
We chase your type. :wink:
ImageImageImage

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:12 pm

Wolfen wrote:
blackcat wrote:

Maybe that was why!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:09 pm

Wolfen wrote:
blackcat wrote:

careful or the puppy may be smashed by the bigbadorc....

Anyways...I wish I had gone but due to my limit in money I couldn't -_-

Wolfen
Standard
Standard

Post by Wolfen » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:49 pm

A lot of people were looking for you. They've seen your vids.
ImageImageImage

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:55 pm

I bet...they were like "where the fuck is the loser who plays stuff that we have been playing for a long time and could easily beat him at"

Wolfen
Standard
Standard

Post by Wolfen » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:47 pm

lgolem wrote:I bet...they were like "where the fuck is the loser who plays stuff that we have been playing for a long time and could easily beat him at"
Actually, most of them haven't played pump... like... ever.
ImageImageImage

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:26 am

ok kiddos, lets all get along
Team KIMO represent!

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:52 am

Ho wrote:The result was correct within the framework that was established.
I'd agree with that. I suppose I actually meant to argue that the standards be changed, as you said. My sense of a "fair tourney" is one where the most skilled player wins... by skill, not by getting lucky on one song. I don't know who is better between johnny and jboy but at this tourney johnny won 3 songs out of 4 and then lost the tourney overall. So, sure, the rules were evenly applied to all players.. but in that sense you could call it a fair tourney if the rules were "the winner of each round is decided by whoever gets the most perfects on the back right arrow"

I thought it was pretty sad when in the middle of bemera nightmare jboy looks away from the screen and just stomps randomly. And then wins.
groovestats
<3 blackcat