NX-Scape 2, September 15th

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:31 pm

UPDATE: If anyone's interested, I'll be performing at the IU Union Friday night at 9:00 with an improv comedy group called Full Frontal Comedy.

And there'll be an after-party I'm sure.

That said, if anyone wants to go, by all means doooo it!

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:52 pm

WhiteDragon wrote:I should be there. I guess I'll compete. Meh.
Ok... this was supposed to be posted in the LF1 thread. I was using Firefox on my friend's Mac last night, and it kept doing stupid glitches with the tabs and such.

So, yeah, I will definitely NOT be there, as I am in Colorado at the moment.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:15 pm

Yeah, I'm going, although I will probably be bringing my homework along with me, because IUPUI really sucks.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:19 pm

I might go if I can get my picture plastered on the wall next to Chad's regardless of where I place.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:52 am

Sry. Good pump players only.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:13 pm

Tournament was really fun. Hell froze over and I won 3rd place. Thanks Jeremy / X-Scape for the good times.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:03 pm

ShammerS wrote:Tournament was really fun. Hell froze over and I won 3rd place. Thanks Jeremy / X-Scape for the good times.
Yes. So basically... Merk/Chad should go hide in shame for not showing up. Under a bed. Together. :shock:

In other news.. the ITG tourney thread recently had a discussion about whether you should automatically lose if you fail a song that you picked. We discovered today that this is definitely a good rule, because a battle to see who can get the highest F is pretty frustrating.

Unfortunately, most of the people who came to this tournament were not that good at pump. And the rules were requiring them to play harder and harder songs. 7 stars and up by the end. That's like a 14 footer on exceed 2 i think.

I says turn stage break back on for tournaments. And if you fail your own song you lose. AND FREE BEER FOR EVERYONE WTF MAN
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:19 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:AND FREE BEER FOR EVERYONE WTF MAN
WTF MIKE?!?!
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:10 am

No pump tournament I've ever heard of, let alone played in has ever cared about stage break fails. Realize that many machines have stage break entirely turned off all the time. USPF/WPF doesn't care. There are charts on there which pretty much nobody can stage break. The system makes perfect sense: play, compare score, see who wins.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:35 am

BigBadOrc wrote:Unfortunately, most of the people who came to this tournament were not that good at pump. And the rules were requiring them to play harder and harder songs. 7 stars and up by the end. That's like a 14 footer on exceed 2 i think.
Why are you and Katy making such a huge deal about this, this took place at the tournament Katy and I went to my last tournament which both were at and EVERY other thournament we have had since Louisville Pump it Up Zero Tournament, it works fine, the easy songs should not be allowed in the later parts of the tournament, is it is just common sense. It has been in my rules since I started running tournaments. The only thing new in this tournament was triple elim other than that this was a copy, add triple elim, change date kind of thing.

Anyways the top 3 were:
1: Brandon (Monmotha)
2: Daniel (totally a new guy to our region it seems, but pretty good player)
3: Shammers

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:03 am

lgolem wrote: Why are you and Katy making such a huge deal about this, this took place at the tournament Katy and I went to my last tournament which both were at and EVERY other thournament we have had since Louisville Pump it Up Zero Tournament, it works fine, the easy songs should not be allowed in the later parts of the tournament, is it is just common sense.
"just common sense" is never a good reason :P

It might have worked fine if the louisville ppl were there because all the pump noobs woulda been eliminated by then. but this tourney was mostly pump noobs who can't do crazy shit so it's not appropriate to make us do 14 footers ;o OR DIGNITY LOLZ
groovestats
<3 blackcat

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:48 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:
lgolem wrote: Why are you and Katy making such a huge deal about this, this took place at the tournament Katy and I went to my last tournament which both were at and EVERY other thournament we have had since Louisville Pump it Up Zero Tournament, it works fine, the easy songs should not be allowed in the later parts of the tournament, is it is just common sense.
"just common sense" is never a good reason :P

It might have worked fine if the louisville ppl were there because all the pump noobs woulda been eliminated by then. but this tourney was mostly pump noobs who can't do crazy shit so it's not appropriate to make us do 14 footers ;o OR DIGNITY LOLZ
You can do 14, Fucking Vook, X-treme, Chung Wha Ban Joem, I tried to tell Katy that but she ignored me, and Dignity is a random draw from EVERY song on the tournament list, if Katy can't handle that Nationals is out of her league, and you guys were at my first tournament, and I did it then, did you complain then...NO you didn't

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:51 pm

ok. so...

1) we're not talking about nationals, we're talking about a casual tournament with pump players from indiana who aren't that good. shammers got 3rd.

2) i didn't play in your other tournaments

3) my name is not katy

4) i love meaty breadstix with creamy sauce
groovestats
<3 blackcat

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:55 pm

But I know Katy was the one who made the biggest deal about it and she was in my last tournament and at Jason's tournament too, that was in my rules all along. I am not going to change the rules at the tournament cause Katy doesn't want to pick something hard on Ho, it is a CRAZY tournament, it is meant to be harder level, it is simple as that.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:05 pm

Hey lgolem.
You're sort of a douche lately.
Just sayin'